Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - teefer22 - 2014-01-13

From the little bit of digging I did on global tv and ctv here is what I believe to be accurate:
1) GlobalTV switched to Adobe HDS with encryption. There is currently no way to decrypt this kind of stream. GlobalTV will not work until someone figures out how to decrypt adobe hrs streams.
2) ctv switched to adobe HDS without encyrption. However, each clip is fragmented into many pieces (about 60 pieces per clip). Using a script written by K-S-V it is possible to download these fragments and put the clip back together. However, I have no idea how to do this in an xbmc plugin and have it work on anything but windows.

EDIT: I meant HDS, not HRS.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - buddy123 - 2014-01-15

"Adobe HRS"

I googled this and couldn't find any info on it...

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - rm65453 - 2014-01-15

(2014-01-15, 03:56)buddy123 Wrote: "Adobe HRS"

I think he meant either HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) or HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - teefer22 - 2014-01-15

(2014-01-15, 14:33)rm65453 Wrote:
(2014-01-15, 03:56)buddy123 Wrote: "Adobe HRS"

I think he meant either HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) or HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)

Oops, sorry about that. Yes, I meant HDS in both global tv's case and ctv's case.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - londonshore - 2014-01-16

someone needs to make the app CTV GO for xbmc then this will all work i can use the app on my android samsung and it streams ctv . for people that pay bell tv they have access to this app and can steam free ... well there can always be a leak Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - teefer22 - 2014-01-16

(2014-01-16, 18:27)londonshore Wrote: someone needs to make the app CTV GO for xbmc then this will all work i can use the app on my android samsung and it streams ctv . for people that pay bell tv they have access to this app and can steam free ... well there can always be a leak Smile

There is a possibility that the CTV GO app and the GLOBALTV GO app use different streams and perhaps we could build an XBMC plugin based off those streams. However, there is also a possibility that the GO apps simply access the same adobe hds streams as the websites do (and this is more likely in my opinion).

I did decompile the GLOBALTV go APK file a while back and was picking through the code in it but that's the first time I've ever seen android app code and nothing obvious jumped out at me as to the stream information. Maybe someone who's got more experience with building android apps would have better luck. I haven't attempted to decompile the CTV GO apk to see if it was any easier.

If anyone out there does have experience building android apps and wants to discuss trying to figure out the stream info from the decompiled APK's, PM me.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Slippppy - 2014-01-19

Greetings...

First time poster. Very new with xbmc and add ons so please go easy on me. I'm trying to watch some hgtv.ca shows on CoD, I am not in canada. I'm using VPN but still no love, keeps coming up with he not available in ur country video.

Can anyone shed some light?

** update: I am an idiot. Pls ignore my qn. Guess I'm a bigger noob than I thought. All good now.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - londonshore - 2014-01-30

still nothing on the ctv go app for xbmc or the global go ?? would love these apps since i do have a acount wich i can use on my phone for live streams??

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - argh! - 2014-02-06

Oh dear. Is this addon now dead in the water

The github page, .zip downlaod, and chengelog links on the first post are ll dead L*

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - firebfm - 2014-02-07

is this free tv shows?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - pdops - 2014-02-07

(2014-02-06, 14:30)argh! Wrote: Oh dear. Is this addon now dead in the water

The github page, .zip downlaod, and chengelog links on the first post are ll dead L*
That's been abandoned for a while. The development forked so see this post (link)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - micahg - 2014-02-07

We really need to get the original post updated -- not sure how to go about it.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - ZaPHoN - 2014-02-08

Canada is not a democracy, it's a friendly dictatorship that serves the real pirates who are monopolies consisting of banks and telecom. The more efforts I see that tie us to a forced payment to these fat cats the more I want to leave the country I was born in. Canada is a country of sheeple that would rather conform with their money than truly stand up and honor true innovation and freedom found in the open source community. Still, I keep hope alive for the true innovators of humanity who chose to remain on the fringe.

Good bye Canada on Demand and all that it stood for. You'll be painfully missed as I sit here gazing into a black screen that represents the cold lifeless hearts of the corporations that killed you.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - thethirdnut - 2014-02-09

@ZaPHoN - what harm did a kitty ever do!?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - jakartadean - 2014-02-11

Hi, first time poster -- new to Canada on Demand but not to XBMC.

Is / will it be possible to watch live olympics streams using this, as on olympics.cbc.ca? I'm geoblocked where I am now, even using an open proxy doesn't work.