Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) (/showthread.php?tid=97262)

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - msurasky - 2014-07-07

(2014-07-06, 01:36)Mclellab Wrote: I dont seem to be able to get any of the chanels working. Im using the windows version of xbmc but I am waiting for my Gbox. Will that make any difference?

Not that I'm aware of...

Please post all the information you can possibly enter about the problem (what happens, what version of COD you have installed, where did you get it from) and somebody may be in a better position to help you.

All I know (that has caused major issues to different people) is that some installation packages that are still kicking around in the internet for this add-on are obsolete. You have to make sure you are installing the latest one (I don't know the URL for the right one right off the bat, but if you look this thread closely you will find a couple of people with this issue and the right path must be there).

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - kiskaprince - 2014-07-28

Hello guys
Need help to fix Canada on demand
Everything seems working (almost) but when I click on local news it doesnt play news I want
For example clicking on Toronto news brings some other news not the on I wnat
Please help
Thank you

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - kiskaprince - 2014-07-30

Anyone have a fix for it or know how to fix it?
Please reply
Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - dmdsoftware - 2014-08-02

(2014-07-30, 12:57)kiskaprince Wrote: Anyone have a fix for it or know how to fix it?
Please reply
Thanks

Nothing for CTV will work because Bell converted their sites to Bell Media player specific. Their content doesn't even play on Linux, as their flash requires stupid handshakes that is only available in official Adobe Flash. People are moving away from crippled and obsolete flash and embracing HTML5 whereas Bell runs the other way.

I used to watch CTV all the time online and on cable. Would use it as my go-to-source for news. Since CTVgo, I'm relying on my new from the CBC. I reminder friends to stop sending me CTV clips as I have no means of playing them back.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - uberduke - 2014-08-05

Just lost the listing for all the HGTV programs. Was showing yesterday and today.. we got nuthin'.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Duke

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Ronymc24 - 2014-08-16

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get the addon for Canada on demand at the moment but have to success in doing so. I have a g-box and the like that are posted on the form is not in use it says when I put it into add source. Can anyone please give me the address link to get the zip file to download it on to the box thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - allan87 - 2014-08-16

(2014-08-16, 17:52)Ronymc24 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I am trying to get the addon for Canada on demand at the moment but have to success in doing so. I have a g-box and the like that are posted on the form is not in use it says when I put it into add source. Can anyone please give me the address link to get the zip file to download it on to the box thanks.
if you have read any of this thread, you should know that there is little if any reason to install it at this time. Many channels are broken, people report further channels breaking periodically, and nobody seems to be maintaining the plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - osirisjem - 2014-08-20

@allan87.
I updated post#2 in this thread (mine) to deter newbies Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - uberduke - 2014-08-20

Well, it may be dead but is still useful for some things, like HGTV (now showing content again) and a few others. Do you have any suggestions for a replacement?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - strykr192 - 2014-08-21

Hopefully we can get someone working on this again!

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - mr.bigglseworth - 2014-08-22

I would definitely donate/pay (anything from 'Buy a Coffee' to something more substantial) if a good coder took this on to clean up this add-on. For me CBC content is most important- it seems like most other channels are going to locked down formats that (for now) are unlikely to work.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - dmdsoftware - 2014-09-12

Why did the author delete the plugin?

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - pdops - 2014-09-14

If you're talking about the link in the first post, that author hasn't been around for a while. I not sure this will work but try installing the repository as detailed in this post (link) by icharania.

If that doesn't work try downloading the zip file from

https://github.com/marius-muja/plugin.video.canada.on.demand

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - dmdsoftware - 2014-09-14

(2014-09-14, 00:46)pdops Wrote: If you're talking about the link in the first post, that author hasn't been around for a while. I not sure this will work but try installing the repository as detailed in this post (link) by icharania.

If that doesn't work try downloading the zip file from

https://github.com/marius-muja/plugin.video.canada.on.demand

Ya, I already had a saved copy of the plugin, but I was just wondering what happened. One has to make an effort to delete their github repositories, which he had listed in the original post. Its almost like he got fed up and deleted it. Even if it needs updating, there really isn't a need to try to destroy it.

RE: [RELEASE] Canada On Demand (Successor to CTV Properties) - Warner306 - 2014-10-23

(2014-08-16, 23:29)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-08-16, 17:52)Ronymc24 Wrote: Hi Guys,

if you have read any of this thread, you should know that there is little if any reason to install it at this time. Many channels are broken, people report further channels breaking periodically, and nobody seems to be maintaining the plugin.

I think the CBC and Discovery Canada content is the best of the bunch and it still works fine. I use it every week, sometimes everyday just to watch the news. Other channels may vary.