Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- Slipx - 2011-05-03

christoofar Wrote:Stoli, any ideas? I grabbed the latest build from git today & it still does the same thing: When I select music from the main menu (curved piano keyboard), my screen goes dark, and I cannot navigate to my music at all. I can see a very faint image of the piano keyboard,that is all I'm completely unable to play any music using this skin now.Sad

updated: eh, I figured out that it was the nightly builds messing it up. I'm back to 10.1 again & all is normal again.

Have the same problem with the latest nightly. You can get around this by hitting the backspace key. Takes you back to your music folder.

- stoli - 2011-05-04

Slipx Wrote:Have the same problem with the latest nightly. You can get around this by hitting the backspace key. Takes you back to your music folder.

Still trying to track this one down...

- harvey21 - 2011-05-04

stoli Wrote:I'll double check, but I believe I changed the criteria to display the flag.

Stoli,
Any idea what the criteria for displaying the DVD flag has changed to. Also, is there anyway you can add the studio flags to the poster view.
Thanks for the great work btw

- azaze1 - 2011-05-04

stoli Wrote:Neon is way out of synch with the nightly builds. I haven't even started down the Eden road yet...

Not sure if this makes sense at this point, but what i meant was maybe the bug is something that was caused by code changes in the nightly builds while the Neon skin code remains unchanged.

Either way, since this thread is about missing features in addition to bugs... I'd like to request that the Neon skin include media flags for DTS Master Audio. Nightly builds now correctly detect the audio codec as dtshd_ma under the fileinfo -> streamdetails -> audio -> codec. Under Confluence, there is a DTSMA icon for movies/TV shows alongside the other media flags, but Neon just shows 5.1 w/o any codec info.

- michaelxtc - 2011-05-05

Just noticed text overlapping on the home screen in the now playing section (music).
Also... "Latests Albums" should be "Latest Albums"?

- tboooe - 2011-05-05

Ok perhaps this is a nutty question but I have to ask about the weather display on the home screen. The current day's conditions are displayed on the far right. However, the next day is displayed on the far left. At least to me, this doesnt make much sense. Shouldnt the next day be shown next to the current day? Am I missing something?

- stoli - 2011-05-06

tboooe Wrote:Ok perhaps this is a nutty question but I have to ask about the weather display on the home screen. The current day's conditions are displayed on the far right. However, the next day is displayed on the far left. At least to me, this doesnt make much sense. Shouldnt the next day be shown next to the current day? Am I missing something?

It looks even worse that way. Smile I guess it should be on the left of the screen but it doesn't look quite right that way either.

- stoli - 2011-05-06

michaelxtc Wrote:Just noticed text overlapping on the home screen in the now playing section (music).
Also... "Latests Albums" should be "Latest Albums"?

Not sure how I've missed that typo for so long - thanks for pointing it out. As for the overlapping text, I can't reproduce that. Have you modified any of the xml files?

Thanks,

- stoli - 2011-05-06

azaze1 Wrote:Not sure if this makes sense at this point, but what i meant was maybe the bug is something that was caused by code changes in the nightly builds while the Neon skin code remains unchanged.

Either way, since this thread is about missing features in addition to bugs... I'd like to request that the Neon skin include media flags for DTS Master Audio. Nightly builds now correctly detect the audio codec as dtshd_ma under the fileinfo -> streamdetails -> audio -> codec. Under Confluence, there is a DTSMA icon for movies/TV shows alongside the other media flags, but Neon just shows 5.1 w/o any codec info.

It is/was due to changes in the nightlies. I *think* I have the issue with the flags not showing fixed, but I don't think I have any media in those formats to test...

Tonight's push to git will have the fix.

- stoli - 2011-05-06

harvey21 Wrote:Stoli,
Any idea what the criteria for displaying the DVD flag has changed to. Also, is there anyway you can add the studio flags to the poster view.
Thanks for the great work btw

DVD flag is back. Color studio flags added to Poster view. I'll also add them to most other views as well.

- stoli - 2011-05-06

Tiny Clanger Wrote:One bug I've found is that the auto-update option for add-ons displays black on black until selected - and changes to it don't seem to register (I had to switch to Confluence to enable auto-updates).

I've updated the addon settings - you may notice some similarity to Confluence there until I have more time to spend on it.. Smile

- michaelxtc - 2011-05-06

The text "Party Mode" overlaps an oddly placed button on the settings menu in music.

Also, when party mode is enable then you clear the playlist it takes you to the weather settings page?

- michaelxtc - 2011-05-06

stoli Wrote:Not sure how I've missed that typo for so long - thanks for pointing it out. As for the overlapping text, I can't reproduce that. Have you modified any of the xml files?

Thanks,

Completely unmodified.
It doesn't do it all the time though.

Another thing... The music now playing info (large only) on the home screen doesn't show when TV shows is active.

- stoli - 2011-05-06

michaelxtc Wrote:The text "Party Mode" overlaps an oddly placed button on the settings menu in music.

Also, when party mode is enable then you clear the playlist it takes you to the weather settings page?

Another thing... The music now playing info (large only) on the home screen doesn't show when TV shows is active.

I have to work on the settings menu all around...items have been deprecated and messed some of them up.

As for clearing the playlist, I'll have to work on that one - it's a new one for me. Smile

Now playing is fixed - it still will not display if you have the large recently added enabled, but will in all other cases.

Thanks,

- stoli - 2011-05-06

christoofar Wrote:Stoli, any ideas? I grabbed the latest build from git today & it still does the same thing: When I select music from the main menu (curved piano keyboard), my screen goes dark, and I cannot navigate to my music at all. I can see a very faint image of the piano keyboard,that is all I'm completely unable to play any music using this skin now.Sad

updated: eh, I figured out that it was the nightly builds messing it up. I'm back to 10.1 again & all is normal again.

Fixed in Git for nightly builds...