Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- stoli - 2011-04-06

I can't find the correct post to reply to, but for those not using the global clock and had issues with "Info" while watching a video, I've reworked the screen to avoid labels overwriting each other:

Not sure if this will stick or not, but it fixes the immediate problem.

Thanks,

- sullydavid - 2011-04-06

I am wondering if we can get the 3D Landscape (or similar) TV episode view added back in. It has been the one feature that my wife has been missing from Night.

- stoli - 2011-04-07

3d Landscape is available, just make sure you have "use a local landscape.jpg instead of a thumb..." in Settings > Skin > Movies/TV

- stoli - 2011-04-07

smilenkovski Wrote:Hi stoli, congratulations...
Trailers are running full screen no matter what.

Fixed with tonight's push to git.

Thanks,

- sullydavid - 2011-04-07

stoli Wrote:3d Landscape is available, just make sure you have "use a local landscape.jpg instead of a thumb..." in Settings > Skin > Movies/TV

That works....
and I am dumber than I give myself credit for.

Thanks again.

- smilenkovski - 2011-04-07

stoli Wrote:Fixed with tonight's push to git.

Thanks,

Thanks stoli. But, now, trailers are not playing full screen only if played from info screen. Pressing "down" for trailers from library (poster view) still cause full screen trailers.
Thanks again.

- stoli - 2011-04-07

smilenkovski Wrote:Thanks stoli. But, now, trailers are not playing full screen only if played from info screen. Pressing "down" for trailers from library (poster view) still cause full screen trailers.
Thanks again.

You may want to double check you settings - I just ran through it again and when the setting was not enabled in Settings, it was always played in a window. When enabled, always full screen.

- adytum - 2011-04-09

Two minor things:

Tv guide: When browsing through the days, the different show listings are blank, not showing banners, but when I select a day the banners show and all is good. Just some weird behaviour.

Landscape.jpg: The auto-downloading script, which works fine for all other items, never finds landscape pics for any of my ~50 tv shows. I've been wanting to try them as an alternative to banners. Any ideas?

- stoli - 2011-04-09

adytum Wrote:Two minor things:

Tv guide: When browsing through the days, the different show listings are blank, not showing banners, but when I select a day the banners show and all is good. Just some weird behaviour.

Make sure you have either Posters or Banners selected in Settings > Skin > Movies/TV

Quote:Landscape.jpg: The auto-downloading script, which works fine for all other items, never finds landscape pics for any of my ~50 tv shows. I've been wanting to try them as an alternative to banners. Any ideas?

This is an issue with the script. If you edit /addons/script.logo-downloader/default.py

And change lines 247-249 to be:

Code:
if self.clearart or self.show_thumb and not self.lockstock_xml:
    if DEBUG: print "### get xbmcstuff xml"
    self.get_lockstock_xml()

That should fix the issue.

Thanks,

- Atreides - 2011-04-10

Stoli
This skin is awesome. I just stumbled across it in the repository. I don't know if this feature has been requested but can you put in support for advanced launcher? Thanks!

- longsh0t - 2011-04-10

Ken Burns effect doesn't seem to be working for TV Show and Movie fanart.

- stoli - 2011-04-10

longsh0t Wrote:Ken Burns effect doesn't seem to be working for TV Show and Movie fanart.

It's not supposed to. Smile The only place it is currently enabled is on the home screen. I'll look to add it to the other sections.

- stoli - 2011-04-10

Atreides Wrote:Stoli
This skin is awesome. I just stumbled across it in the repository. I don't know if this feature has been requested but can you put in support for advanced launcher? Thanks!

It's on my list...can't promise when it will make it in, but in the next couple of weeks for certain.

- adytum - 2011-04-10

stoli Wrote:It's not supposed to. Smile The only place it is currently enabled is on the home screen. I'll look to add it to the other sections.

Lol, I guess you can't please everyone. I, for one, would like the KB effect to be as it is now, and have the other backgrounds constant.
Btw, thanks for the landscape script-fix, works like a charm.

- bucketachicken - 2011-04-12

First of all, I love your skin. It works well with my setup, and looks very clean and nice.

This may or may not be skin-related, but I had a couple feature requests -- I presently have Movies, TV Shows, Addons, Settings, Weather, and Shutdown on my main menu, and every time I boot up, it stats out on Addons. Is there any way to change this to start on something different, in maybe a config file somewhere or something? I'd prefer it to be on Movies or TV Shows by default.

Another question, as my computer (mac mini) is often transcoding/downloading/whatnot in the background, I find the shut down button awfully easy to hit on accident instead of pressing down, going to exit, then clicking. Is there any way to change the behavior of shut down to just exit xbmc instead? Or just hide shut down and create a custom home entry that just exits?

If either of these aren't skin-related, sorry, just let me know and I will go ask my question in a more appropriate place.