Kodi Community Forum
Design Flaws / Missing Features - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: Design Flaws / Missing Features (/showthread.php?tid=97729)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- adytum - 2011-04-12

Something weird I recently noticed, but no big deal, is that only some of my episodes in the TV show library (seemingly random) have the show logo while browsing a season, while the others only have the episode title written with font. Additionaly, TVtunes only works when I select the ones with a proper logo.

Probably not something specific to the skin, but anyway: Huh

- stoli - 2011-04-12

adytum Wrote:Something weird I recently noticed, but no big deal, is that only some of my episodes in the TV show library (seemingly random) have the show logo while browsing a season, while the others only have the episode title written with font. Additionaly, TVtunes only works when I select the ones with a proper logo.

Probably not something specific to the skin, but anyway: Huh

Check the paths of those that work vs those that don't. I'm guessing there is something different, i.e. /show/season/eps01e01.mkv vs. show/eps01e01.mkv. If that is the case, I should be able to fix it.

- stoli - 2011-04-12

bucketachicken Wrote:First of all, I love your skin. It works well with my setup, and looks very clean and nice.

This may or may not be skin-related, but I had a couple feature requests -- I presently have Movies, TV Shows, Addons, Settings, Weather, and Shutdown on my main menu, and every time I boot up, it stats out on Addons. Is there any way to change this to start on something different, in maybe a config file somewhere or something? I'd prefer it to be on Movies or TV Shows by default.

It simply focuses on the second item in the list on screen, which is what is centered. You can change this by editing the Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml file and just cut and paste the items between lines 56 and 268.

Basically if you wanted to move TV Shows after Addons you would want to grab lines 96-102:
Code:
<item id="26">
    <label>Live TV</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(TV)</onclick>
    <icon>backgrounds/tv.jpg</icon>
    <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_TV_Folder)]</thumb>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeNoMenuLiveTV)</visible>
</item>
and paste it before line 208.

Quote:Another question, as my computer (mac mini) is often transcoding/downloading/whatnot in the background, I find the shut down button awfully easy to hit on accident instead of pressing down, going to exit, then clicking. Is there any way to change the behavior of shut down to just exit xbmc instead? Or just hide shut down and create a custom home entry that just exits?

Settings > System > Power saving > Shutdown Function and then you can change the behavior.

Hope this helps!

- adytum - 2011-04-12

stoli Wrote:Check the paths of those that work vs those that don't. I'm guessing there is something different, i.e. /show/season/eps01e01.mkv vs. show/eps01e01.mkv. If that is the case, I should be able to fix it.

You were right, the shows without logo are either from rar:\\, or from my second harddrive.

- bucketachicken - 2011-04-13

Brilliant. Thank you very much! I've now "fixed" the Shutdown button (and feel silly that I did not see that in settings before), and reordered my homescreen to be how I like it.

Latest SVN starts to black screen - hegemon13 - 2011-04-13

First of all, thank you for the amazing skin. It really makes by XBMC box feel like a smooth, polished, professional device.

I am having a fairly serious problem with the latest SVN, however. Under XBMC 10.1 in Windows, when I start up with the 4/9 build active, the main menu is just a blank black screen. I can use my remote shortcuts to see the music, TV, and video screens, and they display just fine, but the main menu is always black. Using either the stable build or earlier SVN builds, it worked fine.

Here's the really weird thing: if I switch to a different skin and back to the Neon SVN, the main menu is fine. It's only a problem if I start XBMC with Neon SVN as the active skin. Could this have something to do with the startup update scripts added on 4/9?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw in the separate thread that this has been resolved. I'll update when I get home and let you know if I have any additional trouble.

- stoli - 2011-04-13

adytum Wrote:You were right, the shows without logo are either from rar:\\, or from my second harddrive.

The rar I'm not sure I can help, but is there something strange with the path to your second drive?

- hegemon13 - 2011-04-14

BUG:
I have come across a bug with fanart and the Custom Playlist feature. I have a smart playlist that randomly selects 25 songs from my collection. I have created a playlist launcher called My Radio on the horizontal menu on the home screen. When I play the playlist from that menu item, no fanart appears, either on the fullscreen playback or in the Now Playing playlist.

However, I also added the same playlist as a custom submenu under Music. If I start from there, it displays the playlist first, and I have to hit Play. In this case, all the fanart works properly.

FEATURE REQUEST:
Would it be possible to add a "Play in party mode" radio button when creating a custom playlist button? Ideally, that's how I would like my random playlist to work -- one click to launch the playlist in party mode right from the main menu.

Thanks again for such an awesome skin!

- adytum - 2011-04-14

stoli Wrote:The rar I'm not sure I can help, but is there something strange with the path to your second drive?

Nope, it's similar to the first drive, named L: instead o E:.

I have recently imported a library from a clean install, but there's no pointers towards any logical connection between this and new additions, and which episodes have logos.

Since it affects TVtunes, it could help to know how it works. Have you any idea about whether there's certain properties an item is required to have for the theme.mp3 to play?

- adytum - 2011-04-14

On a second note, I stated that everything works fine with your fix to the logo downloader script, but I'm afraid I was a bit quick. After editing the default.py and replacing the mentioned lines with your code, I just get a script failed message. Excerpt from debug log:

Code:
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947699712  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947699712   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - The source file to load is C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947699712   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Setting the Python path to C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader;C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.beautifulsoup\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.danishaddons\;C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.module.elementtree\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\script.module.pysqlite\lib;special://xbmc/system/python/DLLs;special://xbmc/system/python/Lib;special://xbmcbin/system/python/python24.zip;special://xbmc/system/python\DLLs;special://xbmc/system/python\lib;special://xbmc/system/python\lib\plat-win;special://xbmc/system/python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947699712   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Entering source directory C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947707904    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947707904   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SyntaxError
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947736576   ERROR: Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('C:\\Users\\Gunnar\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\script.logo-downloader\\default.py', 248, 4, '    if self.clearart or self.show_thumb and not self.lockstock_xml: \n'))
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947556352   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Gunnar\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 248
                                                if self.clearart or self.show_thumb and not self.lockstock_xml:
                                                ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
21:11:51 T:2440 M:947556352    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

"invalid syntax"? I don't get it.

- stoli - 2011-04-14

Not sure about that one. I'll post my complete file when I get home.

Thanks,

- adytum - 2011-04-16

stoli Wrote:Not sure about that one. I'll post my complete file when I get home.

Thanks,

Don't bother, I read through the original script release thread, and tried to paste pplc's fix instead of the one you posted, and it works. I'd have thought they would be excactly the same, or perhaps it was something I did wrong. Anyway, it works now, hopefully that fix gets pushed soon so that you don't have to worry about it!

Thanks.

- smilenkovski - 2011-04-17

HI stoli. After last git pull update I get blank black home screen.

- stoli - 2011-04-17

Yeah, yeah, I did it again. Sad

https://github.com/downloads/stoli/skin.neon/Startup.xml replace that in your skin.neon/720p folder, or simply edit it and add the below before the line that currently beging:

<control type="button" id="13">

Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
    <description>trigger</description>
    <onfocus>ReplaceWindow(Home)</onfocus>
    <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
    <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Use_Startup_Playlist)</visible>
</control>

Won't happen again!

- stoli - 2011-04-18

longsh0t Wrote:Ken Burns effect doesn't seem to be working for TV Show and Movie fanart.

Fixed in tonight's push. Probably won't show up until Tuesday on SVN.