Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=97949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-05-01

got it working, thanks for your help. sorry I was making it so difficult.

- pmcd - 2011-05-01

pumkinut Wrote:Yeah, that should make it work.

It works from the cli when I ssh to the atv but it doesn't work when I add it as a favorite ( via the file manager). The cli requires that you ./reboot.sh or sh reboot.sh. If you just click on a favourite what does it do? In my case it does nothing. Sigh ... I must be adding it incorrectly as a favorite.

philip

disreguard post figured it out, I entered the command incorrectly.

- garyi - 2011-05-01

pmcd Wrote:Hmm ... do you have the Crystal HD card? I mainly play 720p stuff and it is almost flawless. There are only three small issues. It takes smb a bit too long to communicate with my server, and the first second or two is jerky. After that, it's perfect. The other issues seems to be a small memory leak, but that may be because of the skin I am using or some addon or booting from an external SSD.

Philip

Hi yes I have the card installed. Its not as lumpy as when its not there kind of thing.
Before trying this installed I Have Sams last one installed and that was flawless. I just wonder if I needed to do more in terms of installing the crystalHD/ Though to be fair it is working.

I wouldn't know hoe to look for a memory leak but this ATV has been running for at least 10 days straight so perhaps I'll reboot it.

- thecat - 2011-05-01

pmcd Wrote:It works from the cli when I ssh to the atv but it doesn't work when I add it as a favorite ( via the file manager). The cli requires that you ./reboot.sh or sh reboot.sh. If you just click on a favourite what does it do? In my case it does nothing. Sigh ... I must be adding it incorrectly as a favorite.

philip

Yes, same for me. It tries to play it as a video file, dont know why Eek
I got around it by installing the Executor addon and adding the scripts to the favorites from there.
There is probably a better way though...

- spattex - 2011-05-01

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:I don't completely follow what the guide is saying

It says > select custom device is system audio settings, a blank field will show up en a virtual keybord.

Type exacly plughw:0,3

You do this twice.

h2sammo Wrote:has anyone used a wifi USB dongle with this release? if you did can you post some advice on what type of USB dongle to purchase and how you installed the drivers?

thank you

I am going to try setting up a wireless gaming adaptor later today, I will let you know of my progress.

one more final question, I have audio for all my files at this point using this : it says > select custom device is system audio settings, a blank field will show up en a virtual keybord.

You do this twice.

however I am not getting any program sounds, just audio for my media.

- pumkinut - 2011-05-01

Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:one more final question, I have audio for all my files at this point using this : it says > select custom device is system audio settings, a blank field will show up en a virtual keybord.

You do this twice.

however I am not getting any program sounds, just audio for my media.
Do a search for .asoundrc. You'll need that for menu sounds, although they still die occasionally requiring a reboot.

pumkinut Wrote:Do a search for .asoundrc. You'll need that for menu sounds, although they still die occasionally requiring a reboot.

I am assuming that this is something that i need to install?

I have created and placed the .asoundrc file placed in my home directory, what if any information is needed in the file? Thanks guys

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-05-02

is this all that needs to go in the .asoundrc file:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

then have the file in the home directory?

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-02

answered this wayy too many times. but yes -- put it in path from which xbmc data is stored

- pmcd - 2011-05-02

thecat Wrote:Yes, same for me. It tries to play it as a video file, dont know why Eek
I got around it by installing the Executor addon and adding the scripts to the favorites from there.
There is probably a better way though...

The Executor addon worked for me. Thanks. It seems odd to have to use so many things to launch a simple script.

philip

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-05-02

Ok guys I know to some I may be seen as beating a dead horse but I am just trying to understand how to make this work, I am assuming possibly incorrectly that plughw: 0,3 needs to be inserted in the following:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

Is the following correct:
pcm.!default {plughw: 0,3
type plug
slave {plughw: 0,3
pcm "hdmi"
}
}

Thanks for your help and patience hopefully I can get this working after class.