Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux) (/showthread.php?tid=97949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

- kar200 - 2011-05-16

pumkinut Wrote:Try holding the Menu and Left arrow buttons together for about 6 seconds in front of the ATV's IR receiver. It sounds like the ATV no longer recognizes your remote. I had to do this with my Harmony when I first used it, in fact the Logitech desktop software specifically said to perform this procedure.

Not sure what happened but I removed webmin (which I did not like anyway) and rebooted and the remote is working again. Not sure which part fixed it but I am happy with the result.

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-16

illiac4 Wrote:Hi!

I'm trying to install tvheadend on this linux distribution for ATV.
I have few questions.

1. I have tried to add new repository, but the command below is for Ubuntu 9.10 and up. Can someone correct please the commands that will allow to install the tvheadend.

2. Do i have to install the new XBMC version or is current 10.1 compatible with tvheadend (with addon). I will be using it for IPTV and EPG, maybe recording if the ATV will be powerfull enought.

P.S.:
Maybe just a thought. Will be the seperate topic be suitable for PVR with Sams 8.04 image on ATV, because most of development is focused into this.

You'll need to build the PVR build yourself. I already have an environment for this and have tested builds myself. They do work. But I used a frontend -- you are nuts to try a backend as I don't think it will perform too well. To install it, as stated before, fetch the deb package with wget and run dpkg -i.

kar200 Wrote:Not sure what happened but I removed webmin (which I did not like anyway) and rebooted and the remote is working again. Not sure which part fixed it but I am happy with the result.

Good good. BTW careful running so many services, the new update in June is going to have changes to swappiness, to utilise resources more effectively. Then read this: http://www.stmlabs.com/2011/05/12/why-pvr-support-isnt-in-the-may-crystalbuntu-update/

- devastator - 2011-05-19

ronald5 Wrote:after this update, I'm unable to load icefilms?
it just says error: fail script?

Thanks

Did you get this fixed? I am having the same problem with this addon and the classic cinema.
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, SSH'd in and deleted manually but it always comes back with script error plugin.video.icefilms and addon.py error on classic cinema.

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2011-05-19

i think there may have been a site change, will notify devs.

- hemeroidman - 2011-05-19

first off thanks a lot for this distro performance is A1.

Im new to ssh and have hit a few problems im following this thread to get my ATV to recognise some usb Hard drives. all goes according to above but when i come to make the usb directory using

mkdir /home/xbmc/usb

it fails now i pretty much can guess that /home/xbmc/ is the wrong path for this distro so i have changed this to various other paths but everytime i get permission denied.
As i say im a nob at ssh but if i ftp into the ATV i can see that the attributes seem to be ok. im now at a complete loss.

should say sams distro is on the internal hard drive and it has replaced openelec which while it did recognise usb drives including my ntfs one it was rather buggy.

can any kind gent help also is it possible for sam to include automount in his next release it would certainly help the terminally disadvantaged

found the answer on another thread should have made it sudo mkdir/..../...

- hemeroidman - 2011-05-20

well i have tried all i can find in multiple combinations but no luck i just cant get a usb HD to mount its probebly me being dumb but i need clear instructions.

could someone take pity

the usb HD i am currently trying to mount is ntfs maybe thats not possible but even fat32 has me stumped

- illiac4 - 2011-05-20

How can i run a script through XBMC. I have wrote one and i want to run it on demand. Can and how can this be done? Maybe some addon? With advanced launcher i can not select the script.

P.S.:
And from update the IceFilms is not working anymore on this release even after fresh install.

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-20

hemeroidman Wrote:first off thanks a lot for this distro performance is A1.

Im new to ssh and have hit a few problems im following this thread to get my ATV to recognise some usb Hard drives. all goes according to above but when i come to make the usb directory using

mkdir /home/xbmc/usb

it fails now i pretty much can guess that /home/xbmc/ is the wrong path for this distro so i have changed this to various other paths but everytime i get permission denied.
As i say im a nob at ssh but if i ftp into the ATV i can see that the attributes seem to be ok. im now at a complete loss.

should say sams distro is on the internal hard drive and it has replaced openelec which while it did recognise usb drives including my ntfs one it was rather buggy.

can any kind gent help also is it possible for sam to include automount in his next release it would certainly help the terminally disadvantaged

found the answer on another thread should have made it sudo mkdir/..../...

hemeroidman Wrote:well i have tried all i can find in multiple combinations but no luck i just cant get a usb HD to mount its probebly me being dumb but i need clear instructions.

could someone take pity

the usb HD i am currently trying to mount is ntfs maybe thats not possible but even fat32 has me stumped

mkdir path
sudo mount /dev/sdX(n) path

Or add to fstab for auto-mounting at boot.

illiac4 Wrote:How can i run a script through XBMC. I have wrote one and i want to run it on demand. Can and how can this be done? Maybe some addon? With advanced launcher i can not select the script.

P.S.:
And from update the IceFilms is not working anymore on this release even after fresh install.

Well, have you spoke to IceFilms dev, I don't believe the update has broken it.

- hemeroidman - 2011-05-20

cheers sam i have been trying to add the Hd to the fstab using the following

uuid=CEBE1253BE123505 /media/usb ntfs defaults,errors=continue 0 0
sudo gedit /ect/rc.local
sudo mount -a

and then i run the command

sudo mkdir /media/usb

i can browse to the usb folder in xbmc but it remains empty/unmounted

mybe i am making things over complicated but as i say i am new to this
please tell me where i am going wrong

just tried this

mkdir path
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 path

and it worked so simple but a reboot seems to kill the link if you could post the code string for the fstab i would be most gratefull

- Monty010 - 2011-05-20

I'm having the same problems with icefilms,

The addon seems to be working on other platforms, even on my ipad.
It just seems not to be working on the atv with this image.

Asked for help on the icefilms thread but as of now, nothing helpfull.
Maybe the problem will sort itself out somehow.

Oh and sam, before i forget thanks for your image, its awesome and super easy to install... I love it.

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-20

hemeroidman Wrote:cheers sam i have been trying to add the Hd to the fstab using the following

uuid=CEBE1253BE123505 /media/usb ntfs defaults,errors=continue 0 0
sudo gedit /ect/rc.local
sudo mount -a

and then i run the command

sudo mkdir /media/usb

i can browse to the usb folder in xbmc but it remains empty/unmounted

mybe i am making things over complicated but as i say i am new to this
please tell me where i am going wrong

just tried this

mkdir path
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 path

and it worked so simple but a reboot seems to kill the link if you could post the code string for the fstab i would be most gratefull

Why did you edit rc.local!?

Code:
sudo echo "/dev/sdb1      /mount/USB      ntfs      defaults      0 0" >> /etc/fstab

ICEfilms - mattg42 - 2011-05-21

I'm also seeing the ICEfilm's plugin has stopped working since installing this new image. I've deinstalled it, reloaded from repository, used free user, registered users etc, no ball, it always fails.

I think the xbmc.log error that the sqlite3 module is missing is the key and if we could get that loaded, the script world run.

Sam, is their something this script could be hard coded to do that is conflicting with your image? Or have you updated Python to 2.6 perhaps that might have a different version or no version of sqlite3?

Happy to post log files as the error is plain and a missing module. Ironically the first Sam image worked fine with ICEfilms plugin so this is strange behaviour.

Thanks for your on-going support and great image.

Built in wireless - bcre3306 - 2011-05-21

Hi

I havent replaced the video decoder but wanted to have it running linux as it runs much smoother. My problem now is that I would like to use the built in wireless under this image. Can anybody post some instructions on how to get this working?
Thanks in advance

- Sam.Nazarko - 2011-05-21

mattg42 Wrote:I'm also seeing the ICEfilm's plugin has stopped working since installing this new image. I've deinstalled it, reloaded from repository, used free user, registered users etc, no ball, it always fails.

I think the xbmc.log error that the sqlite3 module is missing is the key and if we could get that loaded, the script world run.

Sam, is their something this script could be hard coded to do that is conflicting with your image? Or have you updated Python to 2.6 perhaps that might have a different version or no version of sqlite3?

Happy to post log files as the error is plain and a missing module. Ironically the first Sam image worked fine with ICEfilms plugin so this is strange behaviour.

Thanks for your on-going support and great image.

Hmm. My update has literally:
  • moved XBMC from /usr/ to /usr/local
  • Uses apt-get dependencies instead of metapackage
  • Updated libcurl

That's it in the XBMC retrospect of things

Sqlite update (no longer updated in Hardy) has been updated in anticipation of Eden -- built it myself. Not included in this build -- but it sits on my servers, waiting for its time to shine, and for PVR testers). Try pull a tarball of that and put into place and see if it does any good, if it does, I'll just push it out to all systems immediately:

Note. I typed this up very quickly -- might be slightly fiddly.

Code:
mkdir sqlite
cd sqlite
wget "http://download.stmlabs.com/bin/builds/xbmc-atv/deps/sqlite-3.7.6.2.tar.gz"
tar -xzf *.tar.gz
sudo cp -R usr /
cd
sudo rm -rf sqlite

bcre3306 Wrote:Hi

I havent replaced the video decoder but wanted to have it running linux as it runs much smoother. My problem now is that I would like to use the built in wireless under this image. Can anybody post some instructions on how to get this working?
Thanks in advance

It's a BCM4323 - google Ubuntu install instructions

- illiac4 - 2011-05-21

Hi Sam IceFilms are not working also after this fix.
Do the script works for you?