Kodi Community Forum
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] (/showthread.php?tid=98060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- pecinko - 2011-04-27

Baswazz Wrote:I checked the buffering proces on my Windows 7 pc there it does work. On my xbmc live i haven't checked it yet.

Just checked this buffering issue on my ATV2 with Youtube trailers and it worked just fine. I'm puzzled at what's making problems for bole5.

- matthoffman - 2011-04-27

Noticed if you view a description of a movie or tv show, under the cast area it actually lists plot/info instead of cast. Other then that things seem to be working well. Runs very quick on the ATV2.

Suggestions:
Can you add chapter info to a movie/tv show when the info button is pressed?. Right now it just shows the actual movie title in all caps along with the play time information.

- Glorion - 2011-04-27

Is it normal that the library-update-bar is showing up while XBMC is playing a movie?
Because that's what it's doing. Never noticed it before.

- pecinko - 2011-04-27

@Glorion

I update library on startup so I haven't thought of that. Cheers mate.

- pecinko - 2011-04-27

matthoffman Wrote:Noticed if you view a description of a movie or tv show, under the cast area it actually lists plot/info instead of cast. Other then that things seem to be working well. Runs very quick on the ATV2.

Suggestions:
Can you add chapter info to a movie/tv show when the info button is pressed?. Right now it just shows the actual movie title in all caps along with the play time information.

It's a toggle. I guess I could show both to make that obvious. Will try chapters, hoppefuly it won't make it too busy (I'm minimalist as you can tell by skin:-)

- bole5 - 2011-04-27

pecinko Wrote:If you copied skin instead of "install from zip", it might not pulled script dependency (../addons/script.favourites).

I did in fact just copy/unzip the skin manually. I now reinstalled it "from zip" and it the shorcuts now work as intended. Thanks!

- stoplis - 2011-04-28

I haven't had much time to play round with the skin yet, but here are my initial thoughts/suggestions...
First off, the skin is very fast and smooth on the ATV2 and I love the how customizable the home screen is. I personally only use XBMC for movies and TV shows, so it is nice when you get a skin that you can turn off Music, Pictures, etc.

1. An option (like the 'Recently Added' menu item) for 'Unwatched' on movies and TV shows that shows like you have chosen to show only unwatched items in library view (would be more useful than recently added for me personally).
2. I love the new option for recently added above the menu bar, but I think it needs to display the titles as well, particularly for TV shows (multiple episodes of the same show can be hard to work out without the text). Possibly showing the TV shows artwork instead of the episode art.
3. Like Glorion stated, when playing something and scanning the library I would like to be able to hide the status (but I would like to still be able to see it when browsing the menus).

All in all a nice improvement and some very nice work. I will probably have more suggestions after I have used it a bit more.

- pecinko - 2011-04-28

bole5 Wrote:I did in fact just copy/unzip the skin manually. I now reinstalled it "from zip" and it the shorcuts now work as intended. Thanks!

One down, one to go (buffering) !

- pecinko - 2011-04-28

Thanks for the feedback.

1) Did you try making a smartplaylist for that and adding it to submenu via favourites?
2) agree. will do
3) Done.

Cheers.

stoplis Wrote:1. An option (like the 'Recently Added' menu item) for 'Unwatched' on movies and TV shows that shows like you have chosen to show only unwatched items in library view (would be more useful than recently added for me personally).
2. I love the new option for recently added above the menu bar, but I think it needs to display the titles as well, particularly for TV shows (multiple episodes of the same show can be hard to work out without the text). Possibly showing the TV shows artwork instead of the episode art.
3. Like Glorion stated, when playing something and scanning the library I would like to be able to hide the status (but I would like to still be able to see it when browsing the menus).

All in all a nice improvement and some very nice work. I will probably have more suggestions after I have used it a bit more.

- pecinko - 2011-04-28

stoplis Wrote:2. I love the new option for recently added above the menu bar, but I think it needs to display the titles as well, particularly for TV shows (multiple episodes of the same show can be hard to work out without the text). Possibly showing the TV shows artwork instead of the episode art.

How about episode thumbs (I can't use TV show cover) with TVShow title and episode no below - i.e. HOUSE s07e17 ?

- stoplis - 2011-04-28

pecinko Wrote:1) Did you try making a smartplaylist for that and adding it to submenu via favourites?

I've been using XBMC on my Mac, PC and now Apple TV for almost 4 years now and I never knew you could do smart playlists! Can you give me a hint on how to make them?

pecinko Wrote:How about episode thumbs (I can't use TV show cover) with TVShow title and episode no below - i.e. HOUSE s07e17 ?

Hmm... here are some ideas for layout (not sure how easy any would be) I like the forth one personally.

Just an idea. I'm not sure how it would work with longer titles tough.

- pecinko - 2011-04-28

stoplis Wrote:I like the forth one personally.

Just an idea. I'm not sure how it would work with longer titles tough.

Done. It's the forth one, although it doesn't look that nice as I have to count with possibility that thumbnail could be in 4:3 format, thus putting it little higher.

Longer titles will scroll, they won't mess anything.

As for playlists, goto video library, playlist and it should be obvious. Alternatively, you could use left menu in Movies and make the list show only unwatched titles.

- Glorion - 2011-04-28

stoplis Wrote:2. I love the new option for recently added above the menu bar...
How can i activate that feature?

- pecinko - 2011-04-28

Glorion Wrote:How can i activate that feature?

You need to be running nightly build, code was just recently added to XBMC.

- Glorion - 2011-04-28

Thanks.