Kodi Community Forum
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing] (/showthread.php?tid=98060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- pecinko - 2011-04-13

SmoothMC Wrote:If to the menu point movies, tv shows and music shown up the recently added...like in the skin "simpicity" on the top and the custom home shortcuts moved to the menu point add-ons.

@RA: I'll give it a thought but probably not. There is a link to Recently added which gives you more items than you can put on Home screen.

Further, it would mean I need to run a RA script and I'm glad skin does not use any, as they tend to break.

@Addons: Nice thought regarding addons. I'll give it some though and probably make some changes.

- tomwrob - 2011-04-14

pecinko Wrote:I'll make some changes so it's more obvious. When in configure window you'll see favourites in bottom part of a screen. Empty slots for shortcuts are above. Press up and it should be straightforward afterwards.

Thanks, works perfectly now. How can I alter the images that appear for my favourites?

- pecinko - 2011-04-14

tomwrob Wrote:Thanks, works perfectly now. How can I alter the images that appear for my favourites?

That would depend on what you have added?

Generally, Home shortcuts are intended primarily for Add-ons. Custom menu items for playlist and such.

- tomwrob - 2011-04-14

Aha, thanks guys, I have edited my thumbs for the favorite, so that a nice image appears. You need to edit the favorites.xml

I also suddenly realised you can add a custom item to Movies / TV etc below the menu bar, super. Would be best if you could assign an image/thumb to these too (just like above menu bar favorites)

TW Big Grin

- pecinko - 2011-04-14

tomwrob Wrote:Aha, thanks guys, I have edited my thumbs for the favorite, so that a nice image appears. You need to edit the favorites.xml

Some more tips:

- bring up context menu in favourites to rename item
- bring up context menu in files section to assign custom thumb to your folders (useful for kids sections or home videos, if you are not adding those to library)
- you can make a quick shortcut for a section in your favourite addon e.g. Video Addons/Cartoon network/Whats new -> Add to favourites

...In other words - bring up a context menu on any item and check if you can add it to favourites. If so, you're good to go and add it to either thumbnail shortcuts above main menu or custom items in you submenus (Movies, TVShows...)

- mamruoc - 2011-04-14

I just wanted to say thanks for a great skin!
Working flawless on a ATV2.

If possible, could you please add a password protection on the XBMC => Settings menu item? This will turn it into truly Kiosk mode.

Another question is how to remove the favourite menu item, and remove the shortcut when you push menu at the home screen, you'll enter the favourite menu?

Thanks!

- pecinko - 2011-04-14

mamruoc Wrote:If possible, could you please add a password protection on the XBMC => Settings menu item? This will turn it into truly Kiosk mode.

Settings/profile/user/lock preferences/master lock/numeric password

Quote:Another question is how to remove the favourite menu item, and remove the shortcut when you push menu at the home screen, you'll enter the favourite menu?

You would like to hide XBMC/Favourites link from a home screen?

- mamruoc - 2011-04-14

pecinko Wrote:You would like to hide XBMC/Favourites link from a home screen?

Yes, and the remote shortcut when you push menu, you enter Favourites menu.

You have already settings to show/hide other items, what about Favourites? Big Grin

- pecinko - 2011-04-14

mamruoc Wrote:Yes, and the remote shortcut when you push menu, you enter Favourites menu.

You have already settings to show/hide other items, what about Favourites? Big Grin

Already implemented, waiting for me to finish custom backgrounds and push the update.

- mamruoc - 2011-04-14

pecinko Wrote:Already implemented, waiting for me to finish custom backgrounds and push the update.

Nice, if you get time, maybe you got have a private repo so we (lazy) users can go an upgrade the skin whenever it is available instead asking you all the time :-)

- Glorion - 2011-04-19

Quote:Already implemented, waiting for me to finish custom backgrounds and push the update.
Any News?
Hoping for custom Backgrounds. :-)

- pecinko - 2011-04-19

Here's a little info on what's cooking:

- 5 shortcuts (covers above menu) separate for each section - DONE
- hide favourites in kiosk mode - DONE
- easier custom items assignment - DONE
- show stage above main menu - DONE
- fanart in music playing - DONE
- a few pre made backgrounds and support for custom one - DONE
- repository - WIP
- recently added support (with latest nighties) - DONE
- keep it simple, keep it fast - YES
- global clock - DONE
- initial mouse/touch support - DONE

When will new release be available? I'm not going to make promises, but it will be soon :-)

- Glorion - 2011-04-19

Yeehaww!

- mamruoc - 2011-04-19

Yeehaww, indeed! Big Grin

- vanOert - 2011-04-19

Wow. Seriously impressed here, can't wait :-)