Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

- bradvido88 - 2011-07-03

gseib Wrote:Here is another example of the problem i have with none "seasoned" tv shows on netflix (collections and volumes)

http://pastebin.com/RLDMueRK

for some reason it chooses the "volume 1" as the series lookup. I am sure it is something im doing wrong, but what?

I'd need a full log to determine if it's doing custom Netflix parsing

- bradvido88 - 2011-07-03

qq_bryon Wrote:Actually found the solution to my problem by turning off escaped characters in mysql

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3098978/mysql-interpreting-special-characters-in-generated-query

Yep that'll work but it shouldn't be necessary. I'll take a look at my escaping, I thought I had that handled correctly.

- amirite - 2011-07-04

hey, could one of you check my config for me? I'm trying to merge a small number of Netflix and Hulu sources into my library, but I'm getting the error that my config.xml isn't valid. I hope I'm not just doing something dumb:

http://pastebin.com/y9CneG4r

Thanks in advance! This seems like a kickass program, just can't seem to get it to work right yet...

- qq_bryon - 2011-07-05

@amirite This
<subfolder name="Popular/Popular Feature Films" recursive="true" type="movies" max_videos="10" suffix=" [H]></subfolder>

suffix doesn't have a closed " so it should be

<subfolder name="Popular/Popular Feature Films" recursive="true" type="movies" max_videos="10" suffix=" [H]"></subfolder>

- amirite - 2011-07-05

lol whooops, of course it was a typo... thanks for pointing it out for me! Seems to be working now, but my new videos aren't actually playing. I'm supposed to set my streaming dropbox as a source right? Because it finds all the media just fine, it's just that nothing's playing...

could be user error. I'm gonna try clearing my databases and scanning again.

EDIT: Finally got this working last night - it's wonderful! Big Grin

- bradvido88 - 2011-07-07

amirite Wrote:lol whooops, of course it was a typo... thanks for pointing it out for me! Seems to be working now, but my new videos aren't actually playing. I'm supposed to set my streaming dropbox as a source right? Because it finds all the media just fine, it's just that nothing's playing...

could be user error. I'm gonna try clearing my databases and scanning again.

EDIT: Finally got this working last night - it's wonderful! Big Grin

I'm glad you were able to work through it. I wish this all was a easier to set up, but most people seem to be able to get through it. Once it's set up and configured, it's pretty hands-off. At least my experience Smile

- amirite - 2011-07-08

Indeed it is, and aside from a few issues that are out of your control (the way that XBMC runs executables bugs the hell out of me) it works fantastically. I do have some questions now that I've delved deeper into configuring it:

How can I go about guiding the scrapers a little more so I get the right show info? I'm having problems with Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, and The Office right now, because the other versions of each show are also on my queue. Star Trek: TNG defaults to the classic Star Trek, for example. Same for Battlestar. So even though My.Library is getting all of the files correctly (confirmed from the log), it ends up shoving all of my Star Trek series into one show, stopping after season 3, and giving me multiple copies of each episode even though some of them are from the other show. Oddly enough, the .strm files get named correctly, but they're still in the wrong folder, and anything beyond season 3 stays as an .mpg.

I already tried forcing a tvdb scan and that didn't seem to help. I can always correct them manually after the fact, but then the next time I do a scan, things get crazy. Any thoughts/workarounds, or is this just a bug?

- bradvido88 - 2011-07-12

amirite Wrote:Indeed it is, and aside from a few issues that are out of your control (the way that XBMC runs executables bugs the hell out of me) it works fantastically. I do have some questions now that I've delved deeper into configuring it:

How can I go about guiding the scrapers a little more so I get the right show info? I'm having problems with Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek, and The Office right now, because the other versions of each show are also on my queue. Star Trek: TNG defaults to the classic Star Trek, for example. Same for Battlestar. So even though My.Library is getting all of the files correctly (confirmed from the log), it ends up shoving all of my Star Trek series into one show, stopping after season 3, and giving me multiple copies of each episode even though some of them are from the other show. Oddly enough, the .strm files get named correctly, but they're still in the wrong folder, and anything beyond season 3 stays as an .mpg.

I already tried forcing a tvdb scan and that didn't seem to help. I can always correct them manually after the fact, but then the next time I do a scan, things get crazy. Any thoughts/workarounds, or is this just a bug?
This is due to XBMC's scraper. It has to do a best guess on the TV Show based on the name provided. It works for 95% of the shows, but there are some that it'll get wrong, so you'll have to manually correct them thru the XBMC GUI.

- amirite - 2011-07-13

Yeah thats understandable... I guess part of the issue is that without the ability to customize what folder the original .mpg's are downloaded to, I can't really correct shows like Star Trek because the seasons for each different shows get all mashed together right from the start.

Would it be possible to add a customizable filepath for the subfolders? This way, I could make TNG go into a 'Star.Trek.The.Next.Generation' folder, and then it would be easy to correct later.

EDIT: Okay upon further investigation it looks like it's just a basic incompatibility between Netflix and XBMC thats causing problems. The aforementioned Star Trek thing is an issue, but Futurama is also producing lots of problems since Netflix splits the series up into 'Volumes' instead of seasons, which don't even match the original season runs in the first place. Combine that with the fact that every episode gets labeled at 'Season 0' and I've got some problems. I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out though. Gonna try messing with NFO files and regex stuff to see if I can get the scraper to see the show correctly enough for My.Library to catch on and properly rename the strm files.

Still a great program man! It has it's quirks but I understand why, and when it is working its an amazing thing. I've even written an Autohotkey script to customize the batch window into a transparent widget that sits at the top of the screen while it's updating, so things are quite seamless now.

- Ryoga79 - 2011-07-16

By any chance, has there been any development in getting the script working with the new JSON methods in the nightly/eden builds? I'm in love with the possibilities this addon represents, but a lot of the addons that i currently use, as well as the skins i'm currently using are all built for Eden and won't work in Dharma (in this case, Neon and Aeon Nox SVN). Is there a method to get this addon working under Eden?

Thanks in advance, i love the work you've done here!

- bradvido88 - 2011-07-18

@amirite
Yes, the netflix naming can be painful. Make sure you have the custom parser set to netflix....

@Ryoga79
No there hasn't been any development. I've been too busy. When i get a chance to breathe I intend to make a github repo for this and let the community at it... I just want to do it right.

- kelliott - 2011-07-19

qq_bryon Wrote:Actually found the solution to my problem by turning off escaped characters in mysql

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3098978/mysql-interpreting-special-characters-in-generated-query

bradvido88 Wrote:Yep that'll work but it shouldn't be necessary. I'll take a look at my escaping, I thought I had that handled correctly.

First of all, I'd just like to say thank you for developing this!

Just thought I'd add some info regarding the escaping of "\" characters in case it helps you troubleshoot - this seems to only be an issue when using mysql. On my dev box (win 7) everything was working fine against sqlite, it was only once I switched over to mysql (on win xp ) that the issue cropped up for me. I didn't bother providing a stacktrace, because it's essentially the same as what qq_byron included.

Not sure what your code looks like, but using a PreparedStatement might be a quick way to fix the issue as opposed to trying to escape the char.

In the meantime, I'm going to give the solution from stackoverflow in the url above a try.

Thanks again for a great tool

TV.com - kostarello - 2011-07-24

bradvido88 Wrote:I posted the main ones i use in the user's guide (see 1st post).
I'd be glad to help if you have another configuration in mind.

I am trying to add some shows from TV.com through playon. Here is a line from my config.xml:

-<TV.com custom_parser="PlayOn">
<!--Gets all full episodes from TV.com-->
<subfolder name="All Shows/227/Full Episodes" recursive="true" prefix="[TV.com] "> </subfolder> </TV.com>

but your program returns:

07/24/2011 07:47:31 AM NOTICE Found! TV.com's subfolder "TV.com/All Shows/227/Full Episodes" maps to source: upnp://7b1ed65a-dc96-438e-b67b-9939ccaafc0d/tvcom%2d48678d05%2d6268%2d475c%2d87e3%2d702fbc0a7a2b/ (TV.com/All Shows/227/Full Episodes)
07/24/2011 07:47:32 AM NOTICE Search:TV.com Finding all matching videos under subfolder: TV.com/All Shows/227/Full Episodes
07/24/2011 07:47:32 AM WARNING Archiving Cannot be archived: series=null, title=null, season=-1, episode=-1
TV.com/All Shows/227/Full Episodes/Mary's Christmas
07/24/2011 07:47:32 AM NOTICE Search:TV.com Done retrieving files from JSON-RPC for subfolder: TV.com/All Shows/227/Full Episodes
07/24/2011 07:47:32 AM WARNING Archiving Cannot be archived: series=null, title=null, season=-1, episode=-1

I am assuming this is becuase TV.com does not use a naming format that includes a season and episode number? Is there some way around this?

Awesome program by the way. It was enough to finally get me to cancel cable and use only xbmc. Thanks for all the hard work.

- yonu - 2011-07-29

Very Dumb question

I used the netflix template in the userguide and it reads my queue but I endup with a folder full of mpg files that XBMC says it can't load. What did I miss and what do I need to post inorder to get help,

Thanks,
yonu

- eriqjaffe - 2011-07-29

yonu Wrote:Very Dumb question

I used the netflix template in the userguide and it reads my queue but I endup with a folder full of mpg files that XBMC says it can't load. What did I miss and what do I need to post inorder to get help,

Thanks,
yonu
When that happened to me, I had to manually change the file extension to .strm to get them to work. Unfortunately, the Movies library won't pick up .strm files, so that only works for TV and Music Videos.