Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - nitsuj - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-12, 03:19)anime513 Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 19:16)nitsuj Wrote: Never mind. I got it all figured out. I ran the given hulu top ten example in the config file and the results were populated in xbmc. They all stream flawlessly from the library.

However, I am having some trouble running the hulu shows through pseudotv. No matter where the psuedotv time is, it just plays the opening ad a few times and then skips to the next thing on that channel until it hits a locally stored video. Are there setting to get this to work correctly or am I just out of luck?

Having the same issue, ads play non-stop on PsuedoTV. Files play fine though the regular XBMC interface though. I tried disabling ads in the plugin but they still show up. Do I need Hulu+ to work around this?

No. Having Hulu+ doesn't help. I have H+ and it doesn't make a difference. After playing through a few cycles of ads, I get a prompt telling me that i have to many sessions and that i should close some. I have no other devices that are using Hulu so i think the problem is that pseudo tv is instantiating to many sessions with hulu. I believe that pseudo tv makes one session per channel with hulu content when there should only be one session for all of XBMC. If any one has any helpful information on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - nitsuj - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-09, 23:29)angrycamel Wrote: I'll upload a binary somewhere until the original tool's author can decide on whether or not to commit the patch to the trunk. Give me a few minutes and I'll edit this reply with it. (heading home from work)

EDIT
I threw it onto Dropbox here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60216488/AngryCamel%20-%2020120806%202327%20-%20Bin.zip

It contains the sample config that I used to test a very large batch run. Be warned it will take a long time to run this. On my PC, I think it took a couple hours, if I remember correctly. After that though, I had a folder with full episode stream files, properly numbered and named for 200 shows! All in the library perfectly and supported by PseudoTV to boot.

Let us know how it works for you using the duration filter.

EDIT 2
FYI: This file is not a full release. It only contains the patched jar file and the alternative config from my testing as described above. You will need to download the latest from the original author and replace those files with mine, then run it per his normal instructions.

This is a really cool update! I am using the updated jar that converts all times to a uniform format and the free cable search filters you wrote and everything is working fairly well. I have noticed however, that not everything is is being found. I am not getting anything from Nick Toon channel in free cable (possibly other instances but this is all i have noticed). Can anyone tell me if this is just me or if it is a wide spread problem. I would like to investigate the problem more to find a solution. Thanks angryCamel for the update!

RE: - jcato - 2012-08-13

(2011-10-07, 01:33)bradvido88 Wrote:
ThermoDust Wrote:I have ran into a problem with name detection for Star Trek: Enterprise and Star Trek: Voyager. It seems that during scan it will find the shows in my Netflix instant queue but then lump then both into the same folder called Star.Trek. Is there any way to override how the program detects a name?

[CODE]10/06/2011 03:21:49 PM INFO Archive:New Archived video at: X:\Streaming\TV Shows\Star.Trek\Season.2\S02E01 - The 37's.mpg (Netflix/Instant Queue/Alphabetical/S/Star Trek: Voyager/Season 2/01: The 37's#

10/06/2011 03:21:46 PM INFO Archive:New Archived video at: X:\Streaming\TV Shows\Star.Trek\Season.1\S01E01 - Broken Bow Part 1 & 2.mpg #Netflix/Instant Queue/Alphabetical/S/Star Trek: Enterprise/Season 1/01: Broken Bow: Part 1 & 2)
CODE]

The detection problem happens even if I remove one show and only have one Star Trek show on my queue.

Sorry, not paste of the long as pastebin is down right now. Unless you really want me to paste the log here just it will be big.
Right now, that colon in the name is throwing off the custom netflix parser. The code needs to be tweaked to either handle this correctly or allow you to manually over-ride the name.
Neither of these is possible currently, but I would gladly implement any patches that are submitted to the googlecode project.

Was this ever fixed? I have the same problem using Free Cable. Specifically, under Biography/Full Biographies. One example is "The Bee Gees: In Our Own Time". Instead of being listed under the tv show "Full Biographies", it goes into its own show called "The Bee Gees" and the episode name is "In Our Own Time".

Thanks

RE: - spanktastic2120 - 2012-08-14

(2012-08-13, 18:32)jcato Wrote:
(2011-10-07, 01:33)bradvido88 Wrote:
ThermoDust Wrote:I have ran into a problem with name detection for Star Trek: Enterprise and Star Trek: Voyager. It seems that during scan it will find the shows in my Netflix instant queue but then lump then both into the same folder called Star.Trek. Is there any way to override how the program detects a name?

[CODE]10/06/2011 03:21:49 PM INFO Archive:New Archived video at: X:\Streaming\TV Shows\Star.Trek\Season.2\S02E01 - The 37's.mpg (Netflix/Instant Queue/Alphabetical/S/Star Trek: Voyager/Season 2/01: The 37's#

10/06/2011 03:21:46 PM INFO Archive:New Archived video at: X:\Streaming\TV Shows\Star.Trek\Season.1\S01E01 - Broken Bow Part 1 & 2.mpg #Netflix/Instant Queue/Alphabetical/S/Star Trek: Enterprise/Season 1/01: Broken Bow: Part 1 & 2)
CODE]

The detection problem happens even if I remove one show and only have one Star Trek show on my queue.

Sorry, not paste of the long as pastebin is down right now. Unless you really want me to paste the log here just it will be big.
Right now, that colon in the name is throwing off the custom netflix parser. The code needs to be tweaked to either handle this correctly or allow you to manually over-ride the name.
Neither of these is possible currently, but I would gladly implement any patches that are submitted to the googlecode project.

Was this ever fixed? I have the same problem using Free Cable. Specifically, under Biography/Full Biographies. One example is "The Bee Gees: In Our Own Time". Instead of being listed under the tv show "Full Biographies", it goes into its own show called "The Bee Gees" and the episode name is "In Our Own Time".

Thanks

Im not sure if it will work but its worth trying—add a regexp filter with whatever subfolder youre grabbing it with and replace the colon. so something like:

<subfolder name="Biography/Full Biographies" type="episodes">
<filter>
<regexp>The Bee Gees. In Our Own Time</regexp>
</filter>
</subfolder>

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-08-14

The problem is that the generic parsing treats the colon as a seperator between the name of the series and the name of the show.

It would probably be best to pull out the parsing code into some sort of a config file so users can define their own custom parsing as needed...

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - angrycamel - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-14, 14:57)bradvido88 Wrote: The problem is that the generic parsing treats the colon as a seperator between the name of the series and the name of the show.

It would probably be best to pull out the parsing code into some sort of a config file so users can define their own custom parsing as needed...

Can you hint at which class that's in, I am in there adding something else anyways. I can't find it after a 5 minute scan. I'm thinking that a regex pattern with groups (parenthesis) pulled in from the config file would suffice.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2012-08-15

I finally decided to give this a try, looked a little over my head at first, but when I used angrycamels config file(and edited it correctly) I think I got it working. At the time of writing this I launched the cmd file and the Free Cable dialog box keeps popping up. The cmd file hasn't given me a press key to continue, just some skipping directory info. However, the folders I set up in the config file are still empty. Is this normal? I thought as this was scanning it would populate the folders with .strm files.

BTW thanks to bradvido88 for this amazing plugin, and angrycamel for the patch/FreeCable filter.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - angrycamel - 2012-08-15

Throw your config up on pastebin and paste it here, I'll take a look. Also, running it with the logging level set to debug then doing the same with the log file would be helpful.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 00:26)angrycamel Wrote:
(2012-08-14, 14:57)bradvido88 Wrote: The problem is that the generic parsing treats the colon as a seperator between the name of the series and the name of the show.

Can you hint at which class that's in, I am in there adding something else anyways. I can't find it after a 5 minute scan. I'm thinking that a regex pattern with groups (parenthesis) pulled in from the config file would suffice.

See Archiver.DefaultParse() and Archiver.addTVMetaData() for the generic parsing.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - bradvido88 - 2012-08-15

Patches have been applied. Bugs fixed. New version available for download: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-mylibrary

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spyder - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 03:49)angrycamel Wrote: Throw your config up on pastebin and paste it here, I'll take a look. Also, running it with the logging level set to debug then doing the same with the log file would be helpful.

I figured it out, I was excluding a folder path in my smb drive. I have it mapped to the pc so it doesn't normally show this part of the path. After I did that it created a new folder itself, and I can see show names being created.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - scoombe - 2012-08-15

(2012-08-15, 15:32)bradvido88 Wrote: Patches have been applied. Bugs fixed. New version available for download: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-mylibrary

Awesome! Thanks so much for the extra work on this tool. Does this new version incorporate your patches for PlayOn from a few weeks ago?

This tool spurred some interest in coding and I'm currently in the process of learning JS, so hopefully, I will be able to contribute to tweaking this tool even more. Thanks again bradvido and angry camel!

(2012-08-15, 17:58)scoombe Wrote:
(2012-08-15, 15:32)bradvido88 Wrote: Patches have been applied. Bugs fixed. New version available for download: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-mylibrary

Awesome! Thanks so much for the extra work on this tool. Does this new version incorporate your patches for PlayOn from a few weeks ago?

This tool spurred some interest in coding and I'm currently in the process of learning JS, so hopefully, I will be able to contribute to tweaking this tool even more. Thanks again bradvido and angry camel!
Thanks for reminding me! I did not have that fix in (but it is now). If you recently downloaded, please re-place with the new file.

Nice work, thanks for applying the patches and for the bug fixes.

IDEA
I want a way to get non-tv content to be supported so that I can really just create the directory full of stream files. I am using this to assist in merging streamed content with local content in PseudoTV. With that goal I also want to pull in TED streams but since they are not true tv shows, it skips them.

I'm considering adding a new type of misc that would skip the tvdb lookup and simply create the stream files, name them according to what the plugin showed on the response, then save them in a configurable directory. By doing this I should be able to setup my TED channel in PTV as a directory channel to point at that configurable directory the stream files were written to.

Would anyone else get any benefit from this kind of a feature?

(2012-08-15, 18:39)angrycamel Wrote: Would anyone else get any benefit from this kind of a feature?

I would definately be interested in this. I have a few internet segments I watch daily, it would be nice to have them in the library and have a channel for PTV for them.

I had another thought for this, would there be a way to scrape favorites, and/or Naxi-X favorites? I took a look at the Navi-X favorites file which is a plx file, would this file type work?