Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

Re: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - thatguy188 - 2013-03-18

Nobody able to tell me how to get HD to stream by default for netflix? Sad

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rossdret - 2013-03-18

(2013-03-18, 01:19)spyder Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 23:54)aptalca Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 21:14)rossdret Wrote: Trying to create some global excludes but it makes me have an invalid xml file. So I have to be doing something wrong. Basically I want to scrape every HD TV show but don't want the Anime. I might be doing this the hard way. I went through and listed all the shows I don't want under the global excludes.

Here is my pastebin: http://pastebin.com/q21cLi3J

Can anyone point out what I did wrong or give me a better idea how to get rid of the Anime?

Second question, sometimes tv shows will scrape but the add on normally gives script errors. (often for history channel on free cable) is there a way to duplicate feeds and preface them with a "h" for hulu, and 'f" for free cable and an "a" for amazon? That way if a link is dead you get a couple more chances.

I reposted it here with xml syntax highlighting: http://pastebin.com/yR9CLvaf

It looks like the "&" in "Maya & Miguel" might be throwing it off

Try it without that line and see if it works

I am not an expert in xml, but you might also want to try "Maya & Miguel", which might work
@aptalca: You are correct, xml needs the & for the '&' symbol.

Here is the IE error when trying to open the xml:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/test.xml'. Line 193,...

<contains>Maya & Miguel</contains>
------------------^

@rossdret: I think this the only way to prevent anime from being scraped, unless the plugin only has those links in an 'Anime' folder then you could just exclude anime, but I don't think that's the case here. Also, with the duplicate feeds, I don't know if this is possible. I know when you do a generic scrape you can edit what the filename will be, but if you do that on TV shows they won't be recognized. The 'prefix' is supposed to do something like this, but I don't see where subsets of tv shows are separated.

@aptaica & Spyder

Thank you! Maya & Miguel was the culprit.

On a different question...I am running into some script errors from free cable (mainly history channel shows) If I set my xml script to run Amazon then Hulu and finally free cable; will it pull amazon shows first then hulu etc etc? Basically the Hulu & Amazon feeds are more reliable.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - thatguy188 - 2013-03-20

Im not sure if this is a problem with MyLibrary or PlayOn or what, but everytime since yesterday morning I can't simply go to Movies and pick one (like I used to) fetched from Netflix. However if I go to "Files -- Netflix" and go through the menu on netflix like that, it plays.

Here is the XBMC log file. It starts by me playing a movie by going through Files--Netflix and it working. I then (at the bottom) Jut clicked "Movies" and I selected the same movie I just played the other way: http://pastebin.com/XG7V7Udf

Here is my MyLibrary config: http://pastebin.com/PHSbsjZu

Any ideas? My Hulu streams work fine!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - darkcutuan - 2013-03-20

I've set this up and it works wonderfully but I'm not entirely sure how to make it do what I want.

I've got Netflix and Hulu via Playon and FreeCable. I'm wanting to index every single TV Show & Movie (without duplicates preferably!). Does anyone have a Config script that would do this?

Thanks.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - thatguy188 - 2013-03-20

(2013-03-20, 03:04)Gillela2nd Wrote: Set up the source in XBMC, then run the program again.ImageImage

I do have the source set up in XBMC (even deleted it and added it again) and it is named Netflix. If I click on it I can go through shows and play them fine. Just after running MyLibrary and then simply going to Movies and selecting one it won't play ..... and I can't figure out why.

Re: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - thatguy188 - 2013-03-20

Herr is a video of the problem I'm talking about. I tend to suck at explaining things lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsqaP-xF0M

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - darkcutuan - 2013-03-21

(2013-03-20, 04:17)darkcutuan Wrote: I've set this up and it works wonderfully but I'm not entirely sure how to make it do what I want.

I've got Netflix and Hulu via Playon and FreeCable. I'm wanting to index every single TV Show & Movie (without duplicates preferably!). Does anyone have a Config script that would do this?

Thanks.

I've got it working and wow is my library getting big (scraping takes years! For those that are wanting to index ALL Netflix movies and TV Shows then go for:

Code:
        <Netflix prefix="" custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
        <!--Get all Netflix Movies-->            
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Action &amp; Adventure" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Adult Animation" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Action" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Comedies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Dramas" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Fantasy" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Features" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Horror" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Sci–Fi" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 0–2" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 2–4" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 5–7" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 8–10" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 11–12" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Animal Tales" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Based on Children&apos;s Books" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Disney" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Education &amp; Guidance" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Family Features" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Classics" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Comedies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cult Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Documentaries" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Drama" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Faith and Spirituality" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Foreign" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Gay &amp; Lesbian" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Horror" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Independent" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Musicals" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Romance" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Sci–Fi &amp; Fantasy" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Special Interest" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Sports Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Thrillers" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cerebral" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy Comedies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Family–friendly" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Feel–good" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Feel–good Children &amp; Family Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent Thrillers" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent Action &amp; Adventure" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Critically–acclaimed Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful Action &amp; Adventure" type="movies"/>
        <!--Get All Netflix TV Shows-->
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Series" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Kids&apos; TV" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Nickelodeon" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/TV Cartoons" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cerebral TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Documentaries" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Dramas" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Family–friendly TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful TV Dramas" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy TV Comedies" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Comedies" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Sci–Fi &amp; Fantasy" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Feel–good TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Action &amp; Adventure" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Reality TV" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cerebral TV Documentaries" type="episodes"/>
        </Netflix>

Make sure to convert the "&", "-" and '.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Marx1 - 2013-03-21

Hello
Plugin description on first page needs updating:
- filter examples doesn't exists in guide
- guide suggest setting path to XBMC database while it is unneeded now
I would also add notice, that this program is not plugin, doesn't have a GUI and it acts like a service.

After starting configuration I executed it on linux and seems to run ok (but I have no correct SearchFilter yet).

Because reading 81 pages isn't easy, I would like to ask if somebody have searches for polish plugin like Ipla, TVP and so on.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-03-23

I'm pretty sure I am just missing a setting... But this doesn't seem to be removing the movie folders that are no longer being found in the scan.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - rossdret - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-21, 04:43)darkcutuan Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 04:17)darkcutuan Wrote: I've set this up and it works wonderfully but I'm not entirely sure how to make it do what I want.

Thanks.

I've got it working and wow is my library getting big (scraping takes years! For those that are wanting to index ALL Netflix movies and TV Shows then go for:

Code:
        <Netflix prefix="" custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
        <!--Get all Netflix Movies-->            
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Action &amp; Adventure" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Adult Animation" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Action" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Comedies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Dramas" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Fantasy" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Features" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Horror" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Sci–Fi" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 0–2" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 2–4" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 5–7" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 8–10" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Ages 11–12" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Animal Tales" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Based on Children&apos;s Books" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Disney" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Education &amp; Guidance" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Family Features" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Classics" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Comedies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cult Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Documentaries" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Drama" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Faith and Spirituality" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Foreign" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Gay &amp; Lesbian" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Horror" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Independent" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Musicals" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Romance" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Sci–Fi &amp; Fantasy" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Special Interest" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Sports Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Thrillers" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cerebral" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy Comedies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Family–friendly" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Feel–good" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Feel–good Children &amp; Family Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent Thrillers" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent Action &amp; Adventure" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Critically–acclaimed Movies" type="movies"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful Action &amp; Adventure" type="movies"/>
        <!--Get All Netflix TV Shows-->
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Anime/Anime Series" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Kids&apos; TV" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/Nickelodeon" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Children &amp; Family/TV Cartoons" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cerebral TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Documentaries" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Dramas" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Family–friendly TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful TV Dramas" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Goofy TV Comedies" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Comedies" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Sci–Fi &amp; Fantasy" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Feel–good TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/TV Action &amp; Adventure" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Suspenseful TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Reality TV" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Violent TV Shows" type="episodes"/>
            <subfolder name="Browse Genres/Cerebral TV Documentaries" type="episodes"/>
        </Netflix>

Make sure to convert the "&", "-" and '.

I tried numerous ways to get netflix working in XBMC but no dice. XBMCflix didn't work for me.

Is Playon the only true way to get this to work?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - hellohello - 2013-03-26

Is movie_tags working for anyone?

Here's my entry for Netflix. I should note: in my config, the serach filter is simply "Playon" and 'Netflix' is a subfolder. I scrape fine but when I create a playlist and add a rule for movies containing the tags from the config.xml, there arent any.

<Playon suffix="[Netflix]" custom_parser="PlayOn" recursive="true" >
<!-- From Instant Queue -->
<subfolder name="Netflix/Instant Queue" recursive="true" movie_tags="KidTV" />
<!-- From Stand Up -->
<subfolder name="Netflix/Browse Genres/Comedies/Stand-up Comedy/" type="movies" recursive="true" movie_tags="Standup" />
</Playon>

Are movie_tags working for anyone else?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - youngt2 - 2013-03-27

Hello all,
I feel like i have done a good amount of research on this plugin and I'm having mild success. I have a few questions though and wasn't able to find very clear answers on this forum, mostly because I'm not sure the search to look for.

First, when adding a show, is there anyway to avoid lots of sub-folders when the show consists of many arbitrarily named folders? For example, in the FreeCable add-on the show directory is: "HGTV/House Hunters International" but inside that are about 6 'sub-folders' that aren't important to me. My current xml file has this line:
Code:
<subfolder name="HGTV" type="episodes" prefix="(F) " recursive="false">
        <subfolder name="House Hunters" recursive="true">
            <filter>
            <!-- runtime GT 15 minutes, 900 seconds -->
            <runtime>GT|900</runtime>
            </filter>
        </subfolder>
But this will create six 'shows' of the sub-folders when I'd really just like one House Hunters show in my TV directory. Should I place something different in my XML file to help with this?

My next question is regarding a few shows that aren't showing up in my library. One good example is Conan on TBS. My current search again for FreeCable add-on is:
Code:
<subfolder name="TBS/Full Episodes/Conan" type="episodes" prefix="(F)" recursive="false"> </subfolder>
This search successfully finds the shows, adds them to my database and dropbox, but I will consistently get this error:
Code:
SKIPPING meta-data update: SKIP: The video is not yet in XBMC's library: C:\Media\Dropbox\TV Shows\Conan\Season.3\S03E90 - Episode 3390.strm
I don't think this is a XBMC error as other shows work, and I've noticed sometimes Conan will show up but it will have no episodes even though there are 6 or 7 strm files in the dropbox directory, and it looks like the script is naming them correctly (S03E90 etc). The Conan fanart is also that of the warrior hero guy show, not the late night talk show guy. Is there something I need to do to force (or help) this script or XBMC add the files correctly? Does XBMC need an .nfo file or something to guide it?

Thanks for your help, sorry for the long drawn out questions!

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2013-03-28

Question: I have a plugin that contains no subfolders just opens to a list of media...
I haven't been able to setup a configuration that reads the root of the plugin... does anyone know how?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - locoguano - 2013-03-28

Which plugin?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Lunatixz - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 06:29)locoguano Wrote: Which plugin?

the giddy up network
"tgun"