Kodi Community Forum
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) (/showthread.php?tid=98210)

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-01-17

Yes, Smart Playlist are the best way to separate your media. I did the same process for TVshow/Anime/Netflix TV.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - pcgirl - 2014-01-17

OK, I did rerun the config.xml file and I checked in XBMC but I still can't see a prefix of Netflix on the strm files that it sees. I also tried to setup a smart playlist with the rule of the tag is netflix. Still nothing. Is there maybe a cache that I should clear to start fresh?

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-01-17

(2014-01-17, 21:24)pcgirl Wrote: OK, I did rerun the config.xml file and I checked in XBMC but I still can't see a prefix of Netflix on the strm files that it sees. I also tried to setup a smart playlist with the rule of the tag is netflix. Still nothing. Is there maybe a cache that I should clear to start fresh?

Erase all the strm files, Do a clean library in XBMC (Settings - Videos)(This is the reason you dont see the suffix. XBMC doesnt re-update the library if the info exist). Make sure you clean after you delete the strm files because the clean checks if the file exist to determine if it should delete the info from the XBMC DB. Make sure all your settings are how you like in the config.xml and then run the program. If you already have strm files, it wont update them unless the config.xml file conditions are met for dealing with deletion.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - pcgirl - 2014-01-18

OK I deleted all the strm files from the streams directory and did a Clean Library under Settings, Video. Then I reran the config.xml and still no prefix. I took a couple of pictures to show you but I don't know how to post them. Also, nothing shows up in the splaylist when I try to pull it using tags is Netflix. It is very strange. I have everything set right. This is the code:

Code:
<!--For this to work, you must have a source named "Neflix" added to XBMC, which maps to Playon's Netflix subdirectory -->
    <Netflix prefix="[Netflix] " custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
            <!-- Get all TV and Movies from your instant queue. Movies will be put in a movie set.
                    TV Episodes will have a prefix added to their title
            <subfolder name="Documentaries" movie_set=" Netflix Instant Queue" /> -->

<!-- Get new movies from Netflix and add them to a movie set
            <subfolder name="Documentaries" type="movies" movie_set=" Netflix Documentaries" />-->

<!--Get up to 50 episodes from the Sitcoms genre  -->          
            <!--<subfolder name="Documentaries" max_videos="25" suffix=" [Netflix]" />-->
        <subfolder name="Documentaries" recursive="true" max_videos="25" movie_tags="Netflix" force_series="Netflix"/>

<!--Get up to 50 episodes of new TV Episodes
            <subfolder name="New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" type="episodes" max_videos="50"/> -->            
    </Netflix>
I have remmed out some of the lines that I don't want to use.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 00:34)pcgirl Wrote: OK I deleted all the strm files from the streams directory and did a Clean Library under Settings, Video. Then I reran the config.xml and still no prefix. I took a couple of pictures to show you but I don't know how to post them. Also, nothing shows up in the splaylist when I try to pull it using tags is Netflix. It is very strange. I have everything set right. This is the code:

Code:
<!--For this to work, you must have a source named "Neflix" added to XBMC, which maps to Playon's Netflix subdirectory -->
            <!-- Get all TV and Movies from your instant queue. Movies will be put in a movie set.

<subfolder name="Documentaries" type="movies" movie_set=" Netflix Documentaries" />-->

<subfolder name="Documentaries" recursive="true" max_videos="25" movie_tags="Netflix" force_series="Netflix"/>

<subfolder name="New Arrivals/New TV to watch instantly" type="episodes" max_videos="50"/> -->            
    </Netflix>
I have remmed out some of the lines that I don't want to use.

its probably because you are forcing the series to be "Netflix"

you can just upload your screenshots to a hosting site like imgur and paste the links here.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - pcgirl - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 00:55)spanktastic2120 Wrote: its probably because you are forcing the series to be "Netflix"

Not sure I understand what you mean. How should I do it? Here are the pictures of the playlist setup and the strm files in XBMC.

http://i.imgur.com/kvnAnzk.png
http://i.imgur.com/BIy2jvP.jpg

Re: RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 16:21)pcgirl Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 00:55)spanktastic2120 Wrote: its probably because you are forcing the series to be "Netflix"

Not sure I understand what you mean. How should I do it? Here are the pictures of the playlist setup and the strm files in XBMC.

http://i.imgur.com/kvnAnzk.png
http://i.imgur.com/BIy2jvP.jpg

Based on your first screenshot, your view is in file mode and not library mode. Did you add the folder as a source and set a scraper to it? Do the same clean process I said in my earlier reply. Then before you run the script again, add your movie folder as a source and set scraper. Run the script... Then your playlists should work because playlists are not for file mode.

I did set it up as a source under Videos/Files Add Videos. I set it to content to Movies. I am not sure how to set scraper though.

Re: RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 18:50)pcgirl Wrote: I did set it up as a source under Videos/Files Add Videos. I set it to content to Movies. I am not sure how to set scraper though.

Settings it as movies is setting the scraper. If you go into the default movie menu, does the Netflix movies appear and are you sure they are categorized as movies and not TV shows since they are documentaries?

Yes I can see the Netflix documentary strms when I go to the Movie menu in XBMC. I am sure that they are categorized as Movies because I removed the source and redid it. Here is a picture.

http://i.imgur.com/HLDfpYE.png

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-01-18

ok, so all your missing is the netflix suffix. did you try to remove the force_series since that is for tv shows and not movies

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - pcgirl - 2014-01-19

Code:

<subfolder name="Documentaries" recursive="true" max_videos="25" movie_tags="Netflix" suffix=" [Netflix]" >

</subfolder>

</Netflix>

<ABC prefix="[ABC] " custom_parser="PlayOn"  recursive="true">
<!--Get up to 25 episodes of new TV Episodes -->

<subfolder name="ABC News/All/ABC 2020/Seasons/Season 36"
                max_videos="25" type="episodes" >

<exclude>                
                <contains>previous page</contains>                    
                <contains>next page</contains>            
                <contains>/Recommended</contains>                    
                <contains>/Clips</contains>                        
            </exclude>
            </subfolder>
</ABC>

<!--This is a sample using the BlueCop Hulu plugin-->
        <Hulu path="plugin://plugin.video.hulu" recursive="true" regex_name="true" prefix="(H) " >            

<!--Top 10 Popular movies from Hulu -->
            <subfolder name="Movies/Popular Movies \([0-9]+\)/Popular feature films \([0-9]+\)"
                max_videos="10" type="movies" movie_set=" Hulu (BlueCop)" />                                                    

<!--Full Episodes fron the top 10 popular shows in Hulu
            <subfolder name="TV/Popular TV \([0-9]+\)/Popular Shows \([0-9]+\)"
                max_series="10" type="episodes" >
                <filter>
                    <regexp>/Episode[s]? \([0-9]+\)/</regexp>                
                </filter>
                <exclude>                    
                    <regexp>/season[s]? \([0-9]+\)</regexp>                
                </exclude>
            </subfolder>-->                            

<exclude>                
                <contains>previous page</contains>                    
                <contains>next page</contains>            
                <contains>/Recommended</contains>                    
                <contains>/Clips</contains>                        
            </exclude>                    
        </Hulu>

I did take the force_series out but still no go. I have also ran the Bluecop Hulu script to see what it does and it didn't add a prefix or set it into a Movie Set on XBMC. On a good note though, I did manage to scrape the 20/20 episodes from the ABC channel from Playon. Big Grin

I did manage to setup the splaylist for the Netflix Documentaries by directing it to the actual directory. But this won't work if there are other movies in that directory.

I am slowly learning this by going through the DEBUG log and I really appreciate your help! Hopefully, we can figure out what is going on with the suffix, prefix and movie sets stuff.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - pcgirl - 2014-01-19

I also can't seem to get the TV Shows to integrate into the TV Shows that I have downloaded. I added D:\Streams\TV Shows as another source to my TV Shows in XBMC but they still don't show up in the list of TV Shows. Just the ones that I have downloaded.

RE: XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins) - saitoh183 - 2014-01-19

i dont see your path for playon in your code snippet.Also i would suggest using SMB path instead of Local paths like the script recommends.(even if your content is local)

I already added the source for Playon for Netlix in XBMC.