Kodi Community Forum
Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC (unofficial iOS remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC (unofficial iOS remote) (/showthread.php?tid=98251)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC (unofficial iOS remote) - gertjanzwartjes - 2011-04-01

Another (unofficial) iOS remote control app for XBMC; works on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. I know there's already a couple available, however, I already started working on my app before most of the other apps came out, and I was having such great fun developing it that I just had to continue. And I will continue developing and maintaining it.

It has a dedicated page at http://codemu.se/remote-control-for-kodi-and-xbmc which has some screenshots and a description of its main features.

Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC is available in the iTunes App Store. It supports remote control, music library browsing, as well as TV shows and movie library browsing. I've optimized everything for all iPad and all iPhone models and also for large music and video libraries.

I am always looking for beta testers: please drop me a line at [email protected].

XBMC Remote Control for iPad 1.1.0 - gertjanzwartjes - 2011-04-28

I'm happy to announce that a new update is available, that adds requested support for username/password settings to connect with XBMC.

It also fixes some minor issues: sending return key code from iPad keyboard when XBMC virtual keyboard is active and improved keyboard handling for windows with edit controls.

For more information and to download XBMC Remote Control for iPad visit it on the App Store.

I'm currently working on music and video library browsing, which I have planned as the first major update to come.

XBMC Remote Control for iPad 1.2.0 - gertjanzwartjes - 2011-07-15

Another update is available, that adds music library browsing! It took me a while, but it's finally done, and I'm happy with the result.

Check out the new screenshots in the updated first post in this thread. Also I added a link to a little video demoing the new music library interface.

Interested? Check out or download XBMC Remote Control for iPad on the App Store.

XBMC Remote Control for iPad 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 - gertjanzwartjes - 2011-09-18

As of version 1.4.0 XBMC Remote Control for iPad now supports TV show library browsing!

I re-used the concept for browsing an artist's albums for browsing a TV show's seasons and episodes and I think the result works very well. Check out the screenshots in the first post in this thread, which I updated with shots from the latest and greatest version.

I already added support for nightly builds since 1.3.0, but as of 1.4.0 the nightly builds with the JSON-RPC changes from September 5 are supported now. Older nightly builds are *not* supported, so make sure to update to a nightly build from September 6 or later. I'll do my best to keep up with the JSON-RPC developments, but I cannot guarantee anything until RC cycles start.

Want to give it a try? Check out or download XBMC Remote Control for iPad on the App Store.

- Rocky5 - 2011-09-18

Very nice, I will purchase it as soon as its supports, Videos, TV Shows & music , as its the sleekest remote I have seen.

so the faster you get Videos Support in the faster you will get my cash Big Grin

Keep up the good work.

Edit OK just bought it, its only $1.99, look forward to Video support & could you add Dharma Collection support please, as I'm currently still on Dharma, as the Nightly builds break all my plugins :\

- gertjanzwartjes - 2011-09-18

Rocky5 Wrote:Very nice, I will purchase it as soon as its supports, Videos, TV Shows & music , as its the sleekest remote I have seen.

so the faster you get Videos Support in the faster you will get my cash Big Grin

Keep up the good work.

Edit OK just bought it, its only $1.99, look forward to Video support & could you add Dharma Collection support please, as I'm currently still on Dharma, as the Nightly builds break all my plugins :\

Thanks for your support! When support for movies is ready you'll be able to upgrade for free, so no cash is lost ;-).

I'll certainly look into collection support for Dharma; I'm only preliminary supporting nightly builds. My own box connected to my TV is running Dharma still as well.

- Rocky5 - 2011-09-19

the TV Shows tab doesn't work Sad it crashes the app.

Jailbroken iPad 1Gen, iOS 4.3.3, even putting the iPad into safe mode, it still crashes Sad

- gertjanzwartjes - 2011-09-19

Rocky5 Wrote:the TV Shows tab doesn't work Sad it crashes the app.

Jailbroken iPad 1Gen, iOS 4.3.3, even putting the iPad into safe mode, it still crashes Sad

Do you have a TV show with a "Specials" season?

I was adding a special episode for BBC's Horizon yesterday and that's when I hit a crash, which is probably the same thing as you have. Unfortunately I didn't test with "specials", I didn't even know about the existence. The problem is that with the JSON-RPC API special episodes do not "belong" to a season, which is why the app crashes. Apologies for that.

I will try to fix this tonight, and submit a new version to the App Store asap.

I'm still looking for beta-testers to prevent such problems in the future. If you're interested, drop me an email at [email protected]. You can help testing fixes and you'll be the first to get access to new features.

- Archigos - 2011-09-19

gertjanzwartjes Wrote:I'm still looking for beta-testers to prevent such problems in the future. If you're interested, drop me an email at [email protected]. You can help testing fixes and you'll be the first to get access to new features.

Beta request sent. Smile

- gertjanzwartjes - 2011-09-20

Rocky5 Wrote:the TV Shows tab doesn't work Sad it crashes the app.

Submitted a new version (1.4.1) to Apple for review yesterday, fixing this issue.

EDIT: Btw, this is a Dharma only issue, works just fine on Eden nightly builds.

- Archigos - 2011-09-20

gertjanzwartjes Wrote:Submitted a new version (1.4.1) to Apple for review yesterday, fixing this issue.

EDIT: Btw, this is a Dharma only issue, works just fine on Eden nightly builds.

I tested the version you sent me last night and the music appears to work fine, but when I go to TV Shows, it lists all the names of the shows, but says for example "1 season, 0 episodes" and I didn't take a close enough look at it, but it appears the total seasons is correct (minus "Season 00") yet every single show has "0 episodes" and when I touch a show it just takes me to essentially a blank interface (it has the same iTunes look, just nothing appears). I know you mentioned in the PM that your support for Nightlies is for Sept. forward due to the change in JSON and I'm using the Aug. 29 (for compatibility of other apps) so that's most likely the problem. I can create screenshots later if requested.

Last part, not sure if it's because of the issues I seem to have or I missed something, but while viewing albums, shows, etc. does it pull any art from XBMC like covers? I only see text for everything and not a single image.

- gertjanzwartjes - 2011-09-20

Archigos Wrote:I tested the version you sent me last night and the music appears to work fine, but when I go to TV Shows, it lists all the names of the shows, but says for example "1 season, 0 episodes" and I didn't take a close enough look at it, but it appears the total seasons is correct (minus "Season 00") yet every single show has "0 episodes" and when I touch a show it just takes me to essentially a blank interface (it has the same iTunes look, just nothing appears). I know you mentioned in the PM that your support for Nightlies is for Sept. forward due to the change in JSON and I'm using the Aug. 29 (for compatibility of other apps) so that's most likely the problem. I can create screenshots later if requested.

Last part, not sure if it's because of the issues I seem to have or I missed something, but while viewing albums, shows, etc. does it pull any art from XBMC like covers? I only see text for everything and not a single image.

First of all, thanks for testing!

I currently support only nightly builds as of Sept 6, but before the last changes made on Sept 18. It's just impossible to support each and every nightly build; it's about making choices. My choice is to support the latest and greatest, however, it's still hard to keep up with the changes. I'm currently working on supporting the latest stuff from Sept 18.

With supported versions (i.e. Dharma or 9/5 < nightly < 9/18), you should see album artwork and TV show season artwork.

- Archigos - 2011-09-20

gertjanzwartjes Wrote:First of all, thanks for testing!

I currently support only nightly builds as of Sept 6, but before the last changes made on Sept 18. It's just impossible to support each and every nightly build; it's about making choices. My choice is to support the latest and greatest, however, it's still hard to keep up with the changes. I'm currently working on supporting the latest stuff from Sept 18.

With supported versions (i.e. Dharma or 9/5 < nightly < 9/18), you should see album artwork and TV show season artwork.

Once I get the latest beta of another app I'm testing, they are supposed to support the newer Nightlies and I'll update to Sept. 15+ which should solve most of it. Thanks

XBMC Remote Control for iPad 1.4.1 - gertjanzwartjes - 2011-10-03

Apple has approved version 1.4.1, which fixes some issues with the TV shows library browser crashing when you have "specials" episodes for a TV show.

Next I'll be working on supporting the latest and greatest JSON-RPC changes, since the XBMC team is freezing the code base for the upcoming Eden release it looks like the support for nightly builds might now slowly stabilize.

Want to give it a try? Check out or download XBMC Remote Control for iPad on the App Store.

XBMC Remote Control for iPad 1.4.2 - gertjanzwartjes - 2012-01-06

A minor update of XBMC Remote Control for iPad is now available on the App Store, which adds support for the upcoming XBMC 11.0 (Eden). If you are still using nightly builds, please make sure it is from October 19 or later.

In the meantime I'm continuing my work on movie library browsing support.