Kodi Community Forum
[Req] TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: [Req] TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=98561)

Pages: 1 2

[Req] TV Guide - jives00 - 2011-04-05

Any chance something like this can be coded in? It's from the Neon theme and I think it's awesome. (But Night as is a better overall theme, just doesn't have this feature).

Thanks!

- fonzie - 2011-04-05

+1

That would definitely be nice.

Mcborzu, are you bored of Black Ops yet? Blush

- Raiden247 - 2011-04-08

+1

but there must be a easy way to add the tv guide script, may be custom script

- igotdvds - 2011-04-08

jives00 Wrote:Any chance something like this can be coded in? It's from the Neon theme and I think it's awesome. (But Night as is a better overall theme, just doesn't have this feature).

Thanks!

Its actually from Simplicity, grab the code from my GIT.

- m3g4tr0n - 2011-04-10

i tried...

don't know what to do with the clock...maybe left align the guide.

- rabbitredoux - 2011-04-11

igotdvds Wrote:Its actually from Simplicity, grab the code from my GIT.
Lemme guess..... static files only.

Since I'm not a coder, would someone explain to me why it's apparently damn-near impossible to base one of these TV front ends on something like Titan TV (or AOL or "TV Guide") - simply a TV guide, where channels a user has available in his/her area (TV card, HDhomerun... christ, even the evil empire (CATV)) would be displayed on that guide and those channels populated with live streams? Maybe with small preview screens? An EPG. And all LIVE?

I don't even understand why any XBMC user would use static TV show files! Jesus! how yesterday. Why, when there's Hulu, Icefilms, Netflix... pick your poison. Why litter my terabytes with redundant, brain-matter sapping and god-awful sitcoms I am sure to watch just once? (yeah, 30 rock, you're cool but not that cool). Aren't my "bites" better off reserved for my HD movies, photos and music?

And yeah, a PVR would be cool, but I know it's coming so I can wait. But please, can we stop this devotion with static TV show files. No one can convince me of its valid point when competitive services to it exist, ad nauseum.

- jives00 - 2011-04-16

Revised suggestion: I saw on "The Carmichael" it only shows "airing tonight" instead of the next run (which could be months in the future). Would it be possible to combine the two into something like 'episodes airing the next week' in a display similar to the one above?

- rabbitredoux - 2011-04-19

rabbitredoux Wrote:Lemme guess..... static files only.

Since I'm not a coder, would someone explain to me why it's apparently damn-near impossible to base one of these TV front ends on something like Titan TV (or AOL or "TV Guide") - simply a TV guide, where channels a user has available in his/her area (TV card, HDhomerun... christ, even the evil empire (CATV)) would be displayed on that guide and those channels populated with live streams? Maybe with small preview screens? An EPG. And all LIVE?

I don't even understand why any XBMC user would use static TV show files! Jesus! how yesterday. Why, when there's Hulu, Icefilms, Netflix... pick your poison. Why litter my terabytes with redundant, brain-matter sapping and god-awful sitcoms I am sure to watch just once? (yeah, 30 rock, you're cool but not that cool). Aren't my "bites" better off reserved for my HD movies, photos and music?

And yeah, a PVR would be cool, but I know it's coming so I can wait. But please, can we stop this devotion with static TV show files. No one can convince me of its valid point when competitive services to it exist, ad nauseum.
I would honestly like to know Nod

Since Hulu ads are like, nothing; actually, a nice station break to go grab a quick whatever. And Ice Films has no ads, nor do many others, what's the point for downloading historical TV episodes, and spending all our precious time actually making that all work?

I know that's popular around here but I really don't get it. If TV ain't live, it's jive, as far as I'm concerned. Either you made the real-time event, be it news, weather or sports, or you didn't. Downloading it hours later doesn't count.

- xmurrx - 2011-04-19

I for one hope XBMC does not stop supporting local TV shows. I have full seasons of over 60 TV shows which totals up to be about 2 terabytes. I would rather choose what I have and know a have it ready to go whenever I want as opposed to relying on a service to stream it to me. I like having complete control over my content. Services like hulu and netflix don't provide this.

I look forward to having this TV guide feature. Im sure it will be great

- rabbitredoux - 2011-04-20

I agree, they should certainly continue support of static TV show files, as I'm sure they will because there's obviously strong interest for them. Hell, if terabytes were free, I'd probably do the same as you have.... Nahhhh. Probably not. I lied.

It just seems counter-productive to being a complete Media Center how there is full support for reruns and no support for live TV if using the most dominant OS on the market (Windows). That's seems crazy to me.

- xmurrx - 2011-04-20

well if you want live TV, look into the PVR version of xbmc. If you use windows and you want live TV you can use something like advanced launcher to open windows media center and then link that launcher to your home screen and call it "Live TV" or something like that. This creates an almost seamless experience.

- rabbitredoux - 2011-04-20

Dharma w/PVR is still experimental. If I had the time or knew a support issue would be answered if a problem, I'd be all over it, but I don't and it most likely wouldn't. It is what I'm eagerly waiting for though.

I gave Mediaportal a quick look but again, I don't have the time to set that all up. I also had issues with the resources it would consume if maintained on my HTPC, which it would pretty much have to be.

It's just my opinion; an MC without native support for live TV is not really an MC. What XBMC is, is a real snazzy way to present static image or video files, but it is exceptionally cool with that.

- stoli - 2011-04-20

It may be 'experimental' but there are quiet a few people using it and skins supporting it. Help is a forum question away...

- rabbitredoux - 2011-04-21

Since this is a Night forum, may I assume it's been tested with this skin? And even if so, are there any issues I should be aware of before diving in?

- mcborzu - 2011-04-21

rabbitredoux Wrote:Since this is a Night forum, may I assume it's been tested with this skin? And even if so, are there any issues I should be aware of before diving in?

If you mean is Night PVR ready? No, I have the TV Tuner just havent taken the time to get it setup yet...