Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- tebicenter - 2011-07-22

Thanks, I'll give it a try...

- mr.sparkle - 2011-07-23

Would it be possible to have playlist views for the movie collection?

- othrayte - 2011-07-23

mr.sparkle Wrote:Would it be possible to have playlist views for the movie collection?

I'm not entirely sure I understand what your asking for, could you please elaborate.

- tebicenter - 2011-07-23

othrayte Wrote:Then refresh the info for the show, it should be something like, select the show, context menu, show info, refresh.

If this doesn't work could you please provide the rest of your log file.

Ultimately I think this is probably a problem with the info scrapped into your XBMC's db.
Worked fine, seems that thetvdb changed titled to "Life" instead of "BBC Life". Refreshed info and now utilites have no errors

Thanks!

- mr.sparkle - 2011-07-23

othrayte Wrote:I'm not entirely sure I understand what your asking for, could you please elaborate.
It'd be nice if one could upload the contents of their movie smart playlists and have some functionality to view those sub collections of their library on the personal trakt web page. Or maybe I just missed it?

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-23

This is not working on my atv2 10.0.9 version. It does not start?

- newphreak - 2011-07-23

Edit: wrong thread. Sorry.

- othrayte - 2011-07-23

mr.sparkle Wrote:It'd be nice if one could upload the contents of their movie smart playlists and have some functionality to view those sub collections of their library on the personal trakt web page. Or maybe I just missed it?

This sounds like you actually want to add a feature to trakt, as opposed to Trakt Utilities. I suggest you put your suggestion to the trakt devs at http://getsatisfaction.com/trakt/. Currently there is no support within trakt for playlists and as such this is not something we can add to TU, if in the future this is idea is included in trakt then we would look into this kind of syncing.

- othrayte - 2011-07-23

rflores2323 Wrote:just wanted to update you guys that trakt utilities works on atv2 on the latest 10.0.9 version.

rflores2323 Wrote:This is not working on my atv2 10.0.9 version. It does not start?

So from this, please excuse my inexperience with atv devices, your saying that with new version of 10.0.9 the plugin fails to start? All I can suggest is that you provide the information described in the link "Getting Support" in my signature and we'll progress from there.

- othrayte - 2011-07-23

newphreak Wrote:Hi there. Great addon for the lazy couchguy. However, i have discovered a "bug".
I am currently using dev builds and betatesting OpenELEC for sraue. This is basicly dharma with a few patches (some for external python, and some to add support for service addons.) But i noticed my box was hanging on shutdown, so i removed my .xbmc dir to get a clean start, and shutdown worked as expected again. Then i added trakt add-on, and shutdown started randomly hanging, all from 10 seconds to 60 seconds before shutting down. This is xbmc waiting for trakt to stop, which it does not do hehe.
xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/h9cbcw2h
Can you have a look at what could be done about this? Smile

What I noticed from your log is that your are using the trakt add-on for xbmc as opposed to Trakt Utilities, the add-on for which this thread exists. Please post this in the relevant thread here.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-24

othrayte Wrote:So from this, please excuse my inexperience with atv devices, your saying that with new version of 10.0.9 the plugin fails to start? All I can suggest is that you provide the information described in the link "Getting Support" in my signature and we'll progress from there.

It works if I start it manually. If I reset or go to another profile amd come back it doesnt work. I will get a debug log and post it up.

- kjuu - 2011-07-25

othrayte Wrote:Its been working fine for myself and we aren't getting huge numbers of bug reports so it seems reasonably stable. I haven't seen any report about umlat or colons, but we are investigating a case that was at least initially thought to be caused by single quotes, now I'm not so sure. My suggestion is either to 'suck it and see' how it goes for you, or wait until v0.6.1 which should fix the initial bugs with scrobbling.

When using the official addon, I had to change the "sleep" value from 3(?) minutes to 1. If I didn't I had problems to scrobble 10 minute shows like Robot Chicken.

But if I understand it correctly, trakt utilities is a little bit smarter and don't have any timers and uses newer "hooks" to detect when it reaches the threshold?

- othrayte - 2011-07-25

kjuu Wrote:When using the official addon, I had to change the "sleep" value from 3(?) minutes to 1. If I didn't I had problems to scrobble 10 minute shows like Robot Chicken.

But if I understand it correctly, trakt utilities is a little bit smarter and don't have any timers and uses newer "hooks" to detect when it reaches the threshold?

That is effectively correct, instead of using a timer and polling XBMC for the status TU will wait for messages from XBMC and use these. Where TU does use a timer is in v0.6.0 and above in the code that handles the 'watching' notifications to trakt, ie it keeps telling trakt "I'm still watching this". But the code that handles all of the starting, pausing and ending of scrobbling etc is all initialed by messages received from XBMC. I wouldn't go quite as far as to call them hooks, but they're close. This message stuff is the main reason that we can back port TU to v10 of XBMC.

So in short, TU doesn't suffer from such polling delays.

- kjuu - 2011-07-25

othrayte Wrote:That is effectively correct, instead of using a timer and polling XBMC for the status TU will wait for messages from XBMC and use these. Where TU does use a timer is in v0.6.0 and above in the code that handles the 'watching' notifications to trakt, ie it keeps telling trakt "I'm still watching this". But the code that handles all of the starting, pausing and ending of scrobbling etc is all initialed by messages received from XBMC. I wouldn't go quite as far as to call them hooks, but they're close. This message stuff is the main reason that we can back port TU to v10 of XBMC.

So in short, TU doesn't suffer from such polling delays.

Tried to get scrobbling to work but its not going so well. Is the official plugin still mandatory as its stated in the first post?

- othrayte - 2011-07-26

kjuu Wrote:Tried to get scrobbling to work but its not going so well. Is the official plugin still mandatory as its stated in the first post?

v0.6.0 has scrobbling built in but we're still testing it, so for the moment you have to enable scrobbling in the settings. Once enabled you should not need the official add-on.