Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage) (/showthread.php?tid=98582)

- TeKo - 2012-02-04

After watching an Episode how can I rate the whole Show?
There is the button but I dont know how to "reach" it.

Oh and maybe change the colors of the popup a bit its kinda hard to see whats highlighted.

Everything else is working really nice for me (sync seen shows off).

- yd82 - 2012-02-04

Lunatixz Wrote:It does crash xbmc in windows... I'm not going to argue this fact!

Agreed. It does crash. I let it sync overnight, and still crash in the morning.

- othrayte - 2012-02-05

Sorry it has taken so long to respond to everyone. Other things have been demanding my attention lately.

TeKo Wrote:Is there a way to use trakt with tv show streams (not in library)?
Manromen Wrote:only library mode is supported yet.
what kind of stream is it ?
is the tvdb id, season number, episode number and the title available anyhow ?
TeKo Wrote:Any stream.
icefilms for example shows "Show Title SxEXX Episode Title" when I use the Android remote.

I could add add the streams to the library but thats a bit too much work if I only want to watch it once.
There is some minor support for streams etc, but it relies heavily on the method that the stream was added and the info that was passed on to xbmc. @TeKo, if you provide a debug log I can check what is happing for you.

kri kri Wrote:This addon is really buggy for me and freezes my pre-eden build of openelec quite a bit. Is there a better build I should be using? I am on 0.6.4
Reginald Wrote:That is odd, I am using an Eden Nightly build from openELEC as of 5 days ago and TU has been working great for me.
It is possible the issues are related to the info in your db. Please provide a debug log and we will look into it further.

frieten Wrote:still seems to be working on and off as far as scrobbling goes for me Sad
Debug log please.

upD8R Wrote:Hi there,

I do like the trakt concept and just dig into topic but I need to admit I haven't read the whole thread. So I have a few questions:

Is it supposed to work with Eden Beta 2 on Win7?
As I can't see any interface beside the config screen: Is the magic happening just in the background? Using Neon skin, if this is important.
Can I scrobble shows/movies which I watched before enabling this addon?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions.
Some people have reported issues with eden beta 2, but I haven't yet reproduced any of these.
Mostly it happens in the background but you should be seeing notifications.
Items that you have previously watched will get mached 'watched' on trakt with the associated date (where possible) but not scrobbled as that is not how trakt operates.

tzortst Wrote:Is there any update on how to stop the notifications?
Still waiting to be implemented.

jdbrookes Wrote:I've been using the pre-eden nightly builds of Openelec too and I'm getting quite regular lockups whenever I enable trakt utilities. I've tried a number of different versions from this thread. I'm using a Revo 3600.
I get a lockup 100% of the time when I sync TV Shows; TU successfully sends watched status from XBMC library to trakt.tv, but will freeze immediately upon applying Watched status to to the xbmc library.
The rest of the time, I get random lockups during media playback, sometimes at the start of the video and other times near the end or after pausing. Video freezes, audio continues, and only killing XBMC via SSH will get me going again.
Since disabling TU I have not experienced any of these issues, so I'm assuming TU (or how it works with openelec builds) is the guilty party here Confused
Debug log please.

Lunatixz Wrote:This is a known issue, going back over four months... doesn't matter if you are in linux, windows, etc if your running eden and this plugin... syncing will crash xbmc...
That depends heaviliy on your specific library.

yd82 Wrote:Any solution to fix the crash when syncing the seen watches of movies/TVseries between trakt.tv and xbmc "Eden" version ? I love this plugin and the syncing function. However, right now, I have to disable all syncing function in order to make XBMC working in the mean time.
Debug log please.

Martijn Wrote:It does not crash XBMC. It just takes very very very very long........
Just do manual sync and leave it. It could take several hours and we have no idea why.

Scrobble will still work.
yd82 Wrote:Agreed. It does crash. I let it sync overnight, and still crash in the morning.
To all those that still have not provided debug logs when TU/xbmc either crash/freeze or take forever, especialy those that have had to disable syncing, please, please, please take the time to make debug logs. This/these are issue(s) that really need to get fixed, but I currently have insufficieant info to work with.

If you are very brave then I reiterate my request for alpha testers of v0.7.0, contact me for more info.

TeKo Wrote:After watching an Episode how can I rate the whole Show?
There is the button but I dont know how to "reach" it.
Oh and maybe change the colors of the popup a bit its kinda hard to see whats highlighted.
Everything else is working really nice for me (sync seen shows off).
Which skin are you using.
Most should show a 'rate show' button below the main rate dialog.

- TeKo - 2012-02-05

Aeon Nox.
Yea I can see the button but I cant press it.

default is unrated and i can only go down for bad then left for good and thats it.

- othrayte - 2012-02-05

TeKo Wrote:Aeon Nox.
Yea I can see the button but I cant press it.

default is unrated and i can only go down for bad then left for good and thats it.

Yeah, AeonNox is the only one with its own TU skin at the moment, I'll pass it on so that it gets fixed.

- kri kri - 2012-02-05

kri kri Wrote:How do you kick off a manual scan?

This got missed. Thanks for working on it, I will post debug logs since my install sometimes locks up.

- othrayte - 2012-02-05

kri kri Wrote:This got missed. Thanks for working on it, I will post debug logs since my install sometimes locks up.
Oh, sorry, you go to 'Videos'>'Video add-ons'>'Trakt Utilities'>'Update / Sync / Clean' and the options should be there.

- schumi2004 - 2012-02-07

I was wondering what is going wrong here.

I watched a certain episode, i stopped for some reason and 1 hour later i resumed this episode.

For some reason it got marked on Trakt.tv but it won't trigger my connections (twitter/facebook).

Does this have something to do with TU or is it a Trakt.tv bug?

This episode is marked as seen instead of scrobbled in above situation.

- kri kri - 2012-02-07

OK so I found that updating my TV shows watched status makes xbmc freeze. Maybe not "freeze" but it has been unresponsive for a couple hours now.

edit: I force closed xbmc and after opening the log it seems like it was still working so I guess I will just leave it, I have over 3k episodes that might be it.

- Jakob Rosenberg - 2012-02-08

I can sync my watched status from XBMC to Trakt, but not from Trakt to XBMC.

- tonyp - 2012-02-08

I can confirm that. It's hanging for 2 hours now - I'll wait what happens over night...

- kri kri - 2012-02-08

Jakob Rosenberg Wrote:I can sync my watched status from XBMC to Trakt, but not from Trakt to XBMC.

Yeah this is the issue I am having, it was locked up for probably 6 hours today.

- othrayte - 2012-02-08

schumi2004 Wrote:I was wondering what is going wrong here.

I watched a certain episode, i stopped for some reason and 1 hour later i resumed this episode.

For some reason it got marked on Trakt.tv but it won't trigger my connections (twitter/facebook).

Does this have something to do with TU or is it a Trakt.tv bug?

This episode is marked as seen instead of scrobbled in above situation.

That is probably, but not definitely, related to the way TU handles resumed watching. Currently it doesn't add up the time you had spent watching the item previously. As such when it gets to the end it didn't scrobble because it thinks you had watched only the last part, but xbmc knows better and marks it as watched, TU sees this and kicks its self in the arse and puts the watched status on Trakt.

This is a known issue and it is up for fixing.

- othrayte - 2012-02-08

Jakob Rosenberg Wrote:I can sync my watched status from XBMC to Trakt, but not from Trakt to XBMC.

Going to need some more details, and probably a log of when you think it should be syncing.

- Jakob Rosenberg - 2012-02-09

othrayte Wrote:Going to need some more details, and probably a log of when you think it should be syncing.

When I launch XBMC and when I go to Trakt Utilities and click Sync seen TV Shows and/or Sync seen Movies. In the configuration it is set to auto update and auto sync everything and not auto clean anything.

I get the following message after the sync.
"No new seen Episodes on Trakt to update"

Log from Sync seen TV Shows.
http://pastebin.com/Pj6ykb3k