Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Subsonic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Subsonic (/showthread.php?tid=99513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-19

Peevb Wrote:Nice,

appreciate your quick response.

Seems like that was the deal. I work for a ISP in the Netherlands I'm allowed to setup my server over there so I'll have 200Mb. up and down. So it is not a problem to stream video contents to multiple users. Is this already possible in the xbox version of subsonic (v0.3.0) ?

With regards,

yes, video works. at the moment the plugin is stupid and doesn't know the difference between audio and video, but it does work. i plan to add nicer support later.

200Mb?! i can't even get 2Mb here. i need a job at an ISP Wink

thanks,

t0mm0.

- Peevb - 2011-05-19

Thank you,
Could you get me started at that? I mean tiny explanation. Do I need to configure some xml's. Just a guide would be nice.

I work in fiber to the home projects. Multimode glasfiber reaches 123.3 TB these day’s Wink. Sorry for the topic distraction just nice to mention.

With regards,

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-19

Peevb Wrote:Thank you,
Could you get me started at that? I mean tiny explanation. Do I need to configure some xml's. Just a guide would be nice.

not sure what you mean? you can set the server details in the addon settings. you don't need to do anything special for video to work. does that answer your question?

Peevb Wrote:I work in fiber to the home projects. Multimode glasfiber reaches 123.3 TB these day’s Wink. Sorry for the topic distraction just nice to mention.

now you're just trying to make me jealous :p

thanks,

t0mm0.

- Peevb - 2011-05-19

Well yeah that answers it. Just need to know how I setup the video source from subsonic. But I guess I'll be able to do it with the provided info. Thanks again and I'll try it out within a few hours.

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-19

Peevb Wrote:Well yeah that answers it. Just need to know how I setup the video source from subsonic. But I guess I'll be able to do it with the provided info. Thanks again and I'll try it out within a few hours.

subsonic doesn't treat video and audio sources differently so all you need to do is point it at a directory that contains video. you can do all sorts of fiddling around with the transcoding settings, but i guess with the bandwidth you have you'll just turn transcoding off in my plugin and stream the original files.

good luck!

t0mm0

- Peevb - 2011-05-20

Ok,

Didn't have time yesterday but I guess the weekend will be good for it to try this out. Will be fine I'll keep in touch.

btw I noticed that somehow xbmc refuses to play the next song automatically even when I request it in the settings. Is it me or just something not supported because we're dealing with streams per song who have there own stream url ?

So in short terms. I play the first song of a album and after that song it doesn't play song 2 without being selected to do so.

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-20

Peevb Wrote:So in short terms. I play the first song of a album and after that song it doesn't play song 2 without being selected to do so.

hmmm, i'm sure this used to work. for me it works ok on linux but not xbox. i'll have think....

- Peevb - 2011-05-21

Thanks for looking into that. if I can do any testing please give me the honor.

- flammenwurfer - 2011-05-22

Thank you so much for creating this!

Is there a way to shuffle an existing playlist?

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-22

flammenwurfer Wrote:Thank you so much for creating this!

Is there a way to shuffle an existing playlist?

just tried and you can press the shuffle button in the osd as normal.

t0mm0.

- flammenwurfer - 2011-05-22

Great, thanks!

One other question. Every song just shows up as "download.view" instead of the song that is playing. It's that normal?

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-22

flammenwurfer Wrote:Great, thanks!

One other question. Every song just shows up as "download.view" instead of the song that is playing. It's that normal?

no that isn't normal! i assume the names show correctly in the directory list but just not while playing?

can you tell me what version/platform of xbmc you're running, what version of subsonic you're running and a debug log might be handy too (do a search and replace on your password before posting!)

t0mm0

- flammenwurfer - 2011-05-23

t0mm0 Wrote:no that isn't normal! i assume the names show correctly in the directory list but just not while playing?

can you tell me what version/platform of xbmc you're running, what version of subsonic you're running and a debug log might be handy too (do a search and replace on your password before posting!)

t0mm0

That is correct. I'm running Openelec 0.99.5 on an ION nettop. Subsonic is on a different server running lubuntu and is version 4.4.

I'm not at home now but when I am I will work on getting a debug log.

- Peevb - 2011-05-24

Hey,

Video contents are working. Still have some questions or suggestions if it is (or will be) possible to have the next functions working:

- have the next song playing auto
- give video's (like a episode) a V mark when already played
- the "would you like to start from xx:xx min" question if you didn't finish a
episode or stopped somewhere in the middle

I know these are xbmc functions and can imagine it will be really hard to enable on streams. but it worked so well with a local smb-share from a nas.
I think it should be able to work because I don't use transcoding.

Thanks for your work looking forward to you're answer.

- t0mm0 - 2011-05-24

hi!

Peevb Wrote:- have the next song playing auto
i hope so. i am trying to work out why it doest work now. i'm sure it used to and it does work on linux so i think it is an xbox specific problem...

Peevb Wrote:- give video's (like a episode) a V mark when already played
possibly. i need to do some experimenting when i get a chance...
Peevb Wrote:- the "would you like to start from xx:xx min" question if you didn't finish a episode or stopped somewhere in the middle
i would guess probably not. there i no way that i know of to get xbmc to seek in a file that is grabbed via http (even if there was i don't know if subsonic supports it), and there is nothing in the subsonic api to start playing from a point in the file either.

thanks,

t0mm0.