• 52(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
xekon Wrote:I could not find it in the repository either. I had to download it as a zip file: https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks click the zip button to download as zip file.

Then in XBMC goto settings addons, install addon from zip file. and browse to where you downloaded the file.
Thanks dude.. did the same thing.. now to configure the harmony to work with it for atleast basic controls
the check marks that show which episodes you watched are not saving between restarts, so it only remembers which netflix episodes i've seen until i turn the computer off or reboot it, then nothing is checked.

could this be a file permissions problem or something? what should i check first?
What's the hoop I have to jump through to get the remote to work during Netflix playback?

Thanks
iorifly Wrote:I would like to know is possible: Use the plugin in BRAZIL?? ie the netflix OF BRAZIL??

Dude, i'm trying really hard to get this working with Netflix Brazil, but no sucess so far...Sad
Hi could someone share their event ghost xml file? Please...
I'm having a bit of an issues when playing a video through the xbmcflicks add-on. Instead of playing the video it just goes to the main Netflix page. I am running eden beta 3, so i realize that it's not 100% supported but i thought someone might know how to fix it.

I'm running eden beta 3 on windows 7 64bit.

I can post a log if needs be.

Any help would be awesome!
Just got started with XBMC and love it! I'm using Eden on Windows XP and has work wonderfully so far. I've also got XBMCFlicks and am having a couple of small issues (very small). I see in the screenshots of XBMCFlicks that it's possible to display the title information from Netflix (descrption, rating, ertc.) but can't seem to figure out how that's done. I've checked the settings for the plugin and can't find anything there.
jtemple Wrote:Just got started with XBMC and love it! I'm using Eden on Windows XP and has work wonderfully so far. I've also got XBMCFlicks and am having a couple of small issues (very small). I see in the screenshots of XBMCFlicks that it's possible to display the title information from Netflix (descrption, rating, ertc.) but can't seem to figure out how that's done. I've checked the settings for the plugin and can't find anything there.

Never mind, I figured it out. I'm using Confluence as my skin and I made the menu on the left side of the screen visible, tried the different list view options and chose the one that shows the image of the show and the description. Just took a while to figure it out.
I was having trouble with internet explorer playing the movies. They would load to 20% and then the player would exit and go to a network error page. I never use IE as Opera is my browser of choice. Here is what I did.

XBMC - v10.1
XBMC Flicks - v1.0.18
Opera - v11.6

C:\Users\~\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Opera" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>c:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe</filename>
<args></args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="Opera" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I also modified the playercorefactory.xml under C:\Users\~\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources, but i don't know if that was necessary.

Then I went to http://movies.netflix.com/WiHome
Right click and go to "Edit Site Preferences..."
"Network" Tab
Set "Browser Identification" To "Mask as Firefox"
"Ok"

Then to http://www2.netflix.com/Error
Right click and go to "Edit Site Preferences..."
"Network" Tab
Set "Browser Identification" To "Mask as Firefox"
"Ok"

The only problem remaining is that I have to use the mouse to goto full screen and to switch back to XBMC when the movie is done playing, and I cant control the volume with my android.
xekon Wrote:I could not find it in the repository either. I had to download it as a zip file: https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks click the zip button to download as zip file.
I can't find it in the XBMC repository either under video add-ons either.

And that zip file from the link above doesn't work. It says the zip file doesn't have the "correct structure" when I try to install from the zip file.

I'm running the latest Eden beta3 on ATV2.

Am I missing something?
fekker Wrote:i'm still sorting out some changes that are needed for eden (one left to commit)
if you don't want to wait, you can download it from github and put it into the addons directory (portable data) .. i.e. %appdata% --> xbmc -- > addons
https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master
I tried this by downloading that zip, unzipping it, renaming the folder to plugin.video.xbmcflicks
and putting it in
mobile > Library > Preferences > XBMC > addons
in ATV2 but nothing shows up in XBMC.
Is this add-on not compatible with ATV2?
xbmcsnapper Wrote:The ATV2 has Netflix already so to add XBMC Flicks on an ATV2 would be redundant.
It's too bad that it's not supported on ATV2 as I would prefer to stay in XBMC instead of having to quit out of XBMC everytime in order to use Netflix.
Really hope one day we get a UK plugin for netflix Smile
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it seems like support for this plugin has died?

I have been working on the MediaPortal team for a while now (developed the My Netflix , eMail, and a few other plugins), and I installed XBMC last weekend to preview the PVR progress. I am currently running the Beta 3 that Margro built with ForTheRecord and I am VERY happy with the way things are running.

With that said, I am looking to try out Python (Im a c# developer by trade) and develop/continue support of a Netflix plugin for XBMC. This is what I have in mind...

I built a website last year (http://www.myreeltalk.com) for US users, to be able to manage their Netflix accounts and also share information with friends/family on Facebook, Twitter, etc. My thoughts are, since Netflix has no immediate plans for API support outside the US, to allow people to enter a country code and it can determine where to point the browser based on location. Granted, you will NOT be able to manage your Netflix Queue, but the web site allows you to add movies/TV Series to Favorites & Watch Lists, so you could add/remove movies to and from the Lists for viewing in XBMC. You would just have to make sure that the movie is available in your country for Instant view before adding it. I know that is a pain in the butt, but it is a possible work around.

Let me know your thoughts. I welcome any input...

Again, I apologize if I offend anyone by posting this.

Thanks,
Wile E.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16