• 53(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
Thumbs Up 
Ovvovy Wrote:Hi

Working for me except that i can't connect to spotify.
I think it's because i have a facebook spotify account anyone can help me with that ?

I had this problem, and the solution was to get a device username and password. If you have a premium account, you can do that here:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/devi...t-devices/
Hi i just want to to share that i took the plunge to install XBMCbuntu "Eden beta3" today.

After following the instructions found here i got XBMC Eden 11.0 beta3 working with spotyxbmc2 Smile

A quick howto what i have done, all found in the link above. All credits to akezeke.

I used xbmc-Eden_beta3-xbmcbuntu.iso

After the installation of the above, start by login with an ssh client like putty to your new installed XBMCbuntu box.

1:
Code:
wget http://developer.spotify.com/download/libspotify/libspotify-10.1.16-Linux-i686-release.tar.gz

2:
Code:
tar xzf libspotify-10.1.16-Linux-i686-release.tar.gz

3:
Code:
cd libspotify-10.1.16-Linux-i686-release

4:
Code:
sudo make install prefix=/usr/local

5:
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core

6:
Code:
cd ..

7:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2.git

8:
Code:
cd spotyxbmc2

9: Goto this link Login with you Spotify "Premium Account" And create your app-key. Click on the c-code and copy the contents to appkey.h. Place the file in the /home/xbmc/spotyxbmc2 directory.

10:
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core make g++ gcc gawk pmount libtool nasm yasm automake cmake gperf zip unzip bison libltdl-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libfribidi-dev liblzo2-dev libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libasound2-dev python-sqlite libglew-dev libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmad0-dev libogg-dev libvorbisenc2 libsmbclient-dev libmysqlclient-dev libpcre3-dev libdbus-1-dev libhal-dev libhal-storage-dev libjasper-dev libfontconfig-dev libbz2-dev libboost-dev libenca-dev libxt-dev libxmu-dev libpng-dev libjpeg-dev libpulse-dev mesa-utils libcdio-dev libsamplerate-dev libmpeg3-dev libflac-dev libiso9660-dev libass-dev libssl-dev fp-compiler gdc libmpeg2-4-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libssh-dev gettext cvs python-dev libyajl-dev libboost-thread-dev libplist-dev libusb-dev libudev-dev autopoint

11:
Code:
./bootstrap
"Grabb a coffe"

12:
Code:
./configure
"Take a refil"

13:
Code:
make

14:
Code:
sudo make install

15:
Code:
sudo reboot now

16: goto music --> files. add an music source. when done chose to "scan to library"

17: goto music --> addons. check spotyXBMC. enable plugin and enter username and password.

18: reboot system

Now enjoy XBMCbuntu Eden 11.0 Beta3 with spotyxbmc2
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Hi guys!

Have been using XBMC for a year and have so far managed to buy three new computers and set it up a bit everywhere.

I use the margro pvr built so I can see live tv. The question is - can I somehow add the spotify functionality without removing the pvr build?

Tried all sorts of things, any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Win 7 64 bits.
Margro Eden Pvr build.
You can use this git repo.It's a merge between pvr & spotyxbxmc2

edit: forgot the link: https://github.com/dtony/xbmc-pvr-spotify
Got this running on Openelec. Fantastic work Akezeke!
Will this be added as a plugin in any time soon`? Most say I love it, but for me, a non "geek", it's a bit hard to get it working on the latest version of XBMC. Tested the Beta1 with Spotify slipped in. Nice stuff.
antagon Wrote:Got this running on Openelec. Fantastic work Akezeke!

Hi - what process did you use to get theis working on OpenElec - would really like to get this working but of course, can't 'build' on OE

Jon
nojstevens Wrote:Hi - what process did you use to get theis working on OpenElec - would really like to get this working but of course, can't 'build' on OE

Jon
http://openelec.tv/forum/13-general-disc...tify#15766
hotlobster Wrote:You can use this git repo.It's a merge between pvr & spotyxbxmc2

Which git repo? Wink
fairtekservices Wrote:I will be working on verions for Mac, iOS, and ATV as well. Hopefully I can get the ATV version out for the user above to test out.

Thank you so much Akezeke for developing this! Great job.

I will post the downloads as soon as they are available.

Fairtekservices, Has there been an update for the Mac version? I'd be willing to test for you if necessary Smile
Any update to beta an ATV version yet, keep up the great work
I've edited my post. Here is the repo: https://github.com/dtony/xbmc-pvr-spotify
fairtekservices Wrote:I have taken the liberty of downloading and compiling the source code and making an executable file. Download my pre-compiled build and follow these instructions:

1. Install
  2. Start up XBMC
  3. Go to Music > Add-Ons > spotyXBMC
  4. Configure the spotyXBMC Add-On (Spotify Username and Password)
  5. Restart XBMC
  6. Enjoy! Smile

Norton says it contains this "Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP"
False positive?
Any one else?
dallasnights Wrote:Any update to beta an ATV version yet, keep up the great work

+1
Hi,

I have a strange problem.

I am running Eden beta 3 on my Asrock ION 330.

Before installing this Spotify implementation, everything works perfectly.

I manage to install Spotify fine, everything works as advertised and my playlists all work etc etc, however all video playback is now very very choppy.
It is like it halfed my machine's power, and sometimes it feels like watching something in 2-3 frames per second.

I tried reinstalling XBMC, and things are fine again, but as soon as I install this Spotify solution on top of it, the choppiness comes back.

Any ideas how I can fix this?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10