Trailers Issue
In my library most of my videos have trailers stored locally, these trailers play fine when the trailer is clicked from the movie "info" screen.

now when trying to view a trailer for a movie that is in the recently added widget on the home screen, it says press up to view trailer. So I press up, then select, but nothing happens.

This is the same when inside my video library (which is using view mode showcase) it says press up to view trailer, so I press up then select but nothing happens.

If i enable youtube for trailers it seems to correct this but I'd prefer to use my locally stored trailers.

Am I doing something wrong or what?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I'm also having the same problem. I updated my skin to today's (10/03) SVN version and still having the same issue. Using Windows 7 x64 on Eden RC1
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
This is expected behaviour. Only in movieinfo will a locally stored trailer be played automatically. For the trailers in the movie library you have to scrape the local trailer first so it gets updated in your library.
Nothing i can do in the skin to change that.
Oh i should mention, my trailers are internet based. linked in the nfo but I get the same behaviour as lrusak
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
Probably wrong url format. Check the debug log. Not skin related btw.
I setup xbmc with aeon nox a few days ago... Added all my video folders and told it to link YouTube streaming trailers and it all worked great! But I wanted better artwork so I used metabrowser to scrape but it duplicated all my movies in xbmc... Weird... So I "clean library" from xbmc and that fixed the duplication but now I don't have press up for trailers!

What do I need to change to get that back?
crimsonfury Wrote:I setup xbmc with aeon nox a few days ago... Added all my video folders and told it to link YouTube streaming trailers and it all worked great! But I wanted better artwork so I used metabrowser to scrape but it duplicated all my movies in xbmc... Weird... So I "clean library" from xbmc and that fixed the duplication but now I don't have press up for trailers!

What do I need to change to get that back?

rescan your library
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What about TV posters not showing but the season ones load just fine? I have poster.jpg in every show folder too but xbmc in poster view won't show them... They're blank.
crimsonfury Wrote:What about TV posters not showing but the season ones load just fine? I have poster.jpg in every show folder too but xbmc in poster view won't show them... They're blank.

Enable 'use poster.jpg for poster-type views' in the skin settings, else I think it looks for folder.jpg instead.
@Martijn I tried that, didn't change... Is there something that metabrowser changed in the .nfo that stopped xbmc from getting the trailers for everything now?

@shinner Thanks! that worked. I actually only had folder.jpg's so I changed it to uncheck the poster.jpg in xbmc and now they show up!
Big_Noid Wrote:Probably wrong url format. Check the debug log. Not skin related btw.

You were right. Some of the new movies added don't work but the older ones do. Apologies for the confusion
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
(2012-03-10, 16:35)Big_Noid Wrote: This is expected behaviour. Only in movieinfo will a locally stored trailer be played automatically. For the trailers in the movie library you have to scrape the local trailer first so it gets updated in your library.
Nothing i can do in the skin to change that.

So I have two options it seems.

either make sure the trailer.ext is in the folder before I update my movie library,

or

refresh the info for the movie after I add the trailer in.

Correct?
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
What about the streaming youtube trailers not showing up anymore?

I had, when first set up, all of my movies linked to youtube trailers when I push up on each movie.... No trailers were stored internally.

But now I see no more option for them! I rescanned library and that didn't help....

What else should I try?
(2012-03-12, 21:39)crimsonfury Wrote: What about the streaming youtube trailers not showing up anymore?

I had, when first set up, all of my movies linked to youtube trailers when I push up on each movie.... No trailers were stored internally.

But now I see no more option for them! I rescanned library and that didn't help....

What else should I try?

I know this may be obvious, but is youtube add-on enabled?

next I would check is in system -> skin -> add-on settings, and put youtube as the trailer add-on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers Issue0