• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
I'm happy to announce the first public release of a music addon for Spotify that I've been working on for a while. The addon itself is written in pure python, and makes use of the official libspotify API.

You can grab the latest release from my website as an installable zip file:
http://azkotoki.org/downloads/category/s.../releases/

Please note that this work is still in alpha stage, so don't expect something ready for prime time. It was tested on Linux, Windows and Mac (not so extensively there). If you have problems getting it to work please visit the FAQ:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/wiki/FAQ

If you think you found a bug, please file a bug report on the issue tracker:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues

Edit #1: I forgot to mention that this addon requires XBMC Eden to run. Older XBMC versions are not supported.

Edit #2 Here are some screenshots (click to enlarge):

New music view

Playlist view

Search view

Now playing view

Enjoy!
This looks interesting. Will give it a try Smile

Cheers
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Where is the log in for the plug in? I can't find it in settings anywhere? Do you have to add it manually somewhere?
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Really nice! love the clean UI, good good job! Fast and smooth aswell. Wasn´t expecting much reading from your release post, man was i surpriced..this is a winner!

jabba_29 Wrote:Where is the log in for the plug in? I can't find it in settings anywhere? Do you have to add it manually somewhere?
I got a login window when i entered the first time, on windows 7.
jabba_29 Wrote:Where is the log in for the plug in? I can't find it in settings anywhere? Do you have to add it manually somewhere?

As jolid said, a login window will appear when you run the addon. Another thing to note is that it's not compatible with ATV2 (yet).

jolid Wrote:Really nice! love the clean UI, good good job! Fast and smooth aswell. Wasn´t expecting much reading from your release post, man was i surpriced..this is a winner!

I got a login window when i entered the first time, on windows 7.

Thanks! But there are some issues that need to be resolved before it reaches to stable. Anyway, i'm glad you liked the first release!
Amazing ! Good job !!

Tested and working on Openelec ion/pvrbuild Smile
Thumbs Up 
Wow this is incredible!

Windows 7 here and working really nicely. Very well thought out layout and functionality.

Big thanks

EDIT: If you want this adding to a repository so users can easily update just let me know and I'll put it on mine.
I agree with everyone else this is an amazing script. Also have anyone tried with the skin refocus. It don't seem to work with it. Its my primary skin and would to get this working on it!!
Request/suggestion

Option to controll with contexmeny ("c"):
1,que/unque song
2,star/unstar
3,add to playlist
mostly works good on ios with eden rc3 , i think playlists might not be working (or slow) on ipad 1 it crashes which might be down to the libspotify requirement not working for arm or something

Man, in my opinion, the only thing that was missing in XBMC was a good spotify plugin so that I wouldn't have to go back to Windows.
You accomplished a terrific job here. This plugin is almost perfect for me. Works like a charm, is simple enough to use and looks really great.

The only thing though, it looks like it has skin issues. I'm testing it with Xeebo for exemple and the left menu is buggy (browse by artist/album), that means if I use my mouse or touchscreen I can't get it all the times or it show/disappears so fast that I can't use it.

Another thing is the compatibilty with the skin itself. The left part of the window is usually dedicated to the global XBMC menus and it becomes unreachable now.

Ayway, congratlutations for the best Spotify plug-in I've seen so far. Directly going from my test computer to my HTPC.

Thank you so much, I hope you'll have the opportunity/resources to make it even better.
(2012-03-11, 01:38)mortstar Wrote: EDIT: If you want this adding to a repository so users can easily update just let me know and I'll put it on mine.

I would be very pleased if you could add it to your repository, thank you! The version identifier of alpha3 was wrong. I fixed it and uploaded a new alpha4.

(2012-03-11, 03:16)zuditechguy Wrote: Also have anyone tried with the skin refocus. It don't seem to work with it.

It fails to load due to some XML comments on the ReFocus skin that elementree (the XML parser that Spotimc uses) is unable to read. I'll have a workaround for this soon.

(2012-03-11, 09:01)Jönke Wrote: Request/suggestion
Option to controll with contexmeny ("c"):
1,que/unque song
2,star/unstar
3,add to playlist

The addon already has a context menu that it's activated by pressing the left arrow. Queue and Add to playlist are already on my to-do list. Thank you!

(2012-03-11, 10:07)johnnyvibrant Wrote: mostly works good on ios with eden rc3 , i think playlists might not be working (or slow) on ipad 1 it crashes which might be down to the libspotify requirement not working for arm or something

Well, I wasn't even expecting it to work on IOS! Libspotify does have libs for arm too, but aren't handled yet by the addon's library loader code.

By the way, could you please reproduce the playlist bug and send me the log output? I think it could be related to some timeout event that it's not handled correctly.

(2012-03-12, 13:43)Airchtit Wrote: The only thing though, it looks like it has skin issues. I'm testing it with Xeebo for exemple and the left menu is buggy (browse by artist/album), that means if I use my mouse or touchscreen I can't get it all the times or it show/disappears so fast that I can't use it.

I'll try to make it more touchscreen and mouse friendly. Thanks!
(2012-03-11, 10:07)johnnyvibrant Wrote: mostly works good on ios with eden rc3 , i think playlists might not be working (or slow) on ipad 1 it crashes which might be down to the libspotify requirement not working for arm or something

Did you do something special to make it work? I'm getting
Quote:Error Contents: No module named _ctypes
on my appletv2. And then the plug-in crashes.
sorry i meant to write that it works good on imac (typo) i couldnt get it working at all on the ipad. Ill get a log over tomorrow for the playlist error
Everytime i exit Spotimc i have to reboot pc before i can login to spotimc again , it ask´s for user /pass and dosent remeber it again before i reboot
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon32