Adding Airdisk (Airport Disk) as a share via AFP?
Is it possible to get my USB drive plugged into my Time Capsule (aka Airdisk/Airport Disk) to be added as a share in XBMC (Eden RC2) running on ATV2?

I browse for new share and select Zeroconf Browser and then see:

Time Capsule (AFP)

but clicking on it doesn't do anything.

When I go into Airport Utility under Disks tab, I can select the USB drive and can see that I have "Enable file sharing" checked. And next to "Secure Shared Disks", the options are:
With accounts
With a disk password
With device password
and none of the options seems to work, even after I restart the ATV2 after selecting each option.

Am I missing something? Is there a manual way to point to the disk as a share?
Well, I got a little further. I figured out how to manually type in the path and I'm pretty sure I figured out the right path by mounting the USB drive on my Mac and then going to Get Info to find the url path which looked like:
afp://[email protected].:123/drivename

so I typed in the path including the Movies folder like this:
afp://[email protected].:123/drivename/Movies/

and then I was able to set the password but when I tried to connect to the Movies folder, it just seems to show a blank directory ... and doesn't do anything.

Anyone?
When you are first adding a source you will not see the files. This is normal. (If this is what you mean) Once the source is added and shows up as an option on your file list, you'll be able to see all the files.
The syntax is afp://user:password@ipaddr/path
Then try posting a logfile
As Ned says, you won't see files until after you have created the source.
(2012-03-13, 13:28)g-off Wrote: The syntax is afp://user:password@ipaddr/path
Then try posting a logfile
As Ned says, you won't see files until after you have created the source.
Thanks! Finally got it to work. It was the syntax.

I used:
afp://username:diskpassword(i have it set to disk password in Airport Utilities now instead of device password or Account password, in order to have the airdisk automount as a login item)@IPaddressOfTheTimeCapsule/NameOfAirDiskVolume/Movies/

I don't know how important the slash at the end is but this worked for me right away.

Now I just gotta figure out why it's only listing some of all the movies in that directory. Granted, it's not organized very well at all...
Just wondering, in this afp://username:diskpassword@IPaddressOfTheTimeCapsule/NameOfAirDiskVolume/Movies/ what is the username?

Is it the username of the computer (ubuntu box) I'm using?

Cheers!
IIRC, it's the name of the AirPort Base Station
I used the name of my account on my computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Airdisk (Airport Disk) as a share via AFP?0