• 5(current)
XBMC Intro Movie
rudawgr Wrote:this is so confusing im traying to make this work but i have no luck!!! can some one explain in plaint english how to set this up pleasee...ok this is what i did i copy this line
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload> to xbmc/addon/skin.confluence/720
but have no luck getting it to work...also once i put that line do i have to go to program and change something under xbmc intro movie?...please someone write step by step on how to do this on the atv2 please
thanks

put your movie here:
xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/introMovie.mov

add this line to xbmc/addon/skin.confluence/720p/Startup.xml:
Code:
<window>
    <onload>PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:put your movie here:

Code:
<window>
    [b]<onload>PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload>[/b]

ok so you are telling me that i need to add or create a folder call introMovie.mov to what ever skin im trying to set up...once i add the folder i need to drop my movies intro in there..Second i need to add this line <onload>PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload> to the startup.xml

cool question where do i get the intro movies?
Thank you ronie but nothing is working maybe if someone could make a video on how to set this up it would be much better I'm not traying to be a paint in the @$) but I'm getting frustrated here and nothing is working for me I have a atv2 and also windows if some one could make a video I would be grate...thank you guys
Star 
eeps...

put your movie here:

Means to put your video into the folder 'skin.confluence' NOT a sub folder.....if you're unsure put it in more than one spot...

With the name 'introMovie.mov'

edit the Startup.xml using cut&paste techniques....
Thank patk and ronie I finally got it to work. One question said I have multiple intro video and I want to romdenly play a video everytime I open xbmc how I do that? I now there is a script for glass skin but there I code to make it work for other skins?
(2012-03-12, 20:48)rudawgr Wrote: Thank patk and ronie I finally got it to work. One question said I have multiple intro video and I want to romdenly play a video everytime I open xbmc how I do that? I now there is a script for glass skin but there I code to make it work for other skins?

That would take some coding in the XBMC source.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Not source but xbmc skin. There is an addon in the passion report that will let you play a random intro but only glass supports it.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-03-12, 22:04)htpc guy Wrote: Not source but xbmc skin. There is an addon in the passion report that will let you play a random intro but only glass supports it.

Yeah, the skin can do it, but I think there's some timing issues as the main code is launching and may display other things first. That's where you'd need to modify the main program, Things happen simulataneously.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
So who wants to make an XBMC Wiki page that lists all these kick ass intro movies and maybe a little how-to on making them work?
(2012-03-11, 06:00)ronie Wrote:
rudawgr Wrote:this is so confusing im traying to make this work but i have no luck!!! can some one explain in plaint english how to set this up pleasee...ok this is what i did i copy this line
<onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload> to xbmc/addon/skin.confluence/720
but have no luck getting it to work...also once i put that line do i have to go to program and change something under xbmc intro movie?...please someone write step by step on how to do this on the atv2 please
thanks

put your movie here:

Code:
<window>
    [b]<onload>PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mov)</onload>[/b]

does it matter where it goes in the startup.xml?

matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
(2012-03-14, 17:35)matt77303 Wrote:
(2012-03-11, 06:00)ronie Wrote: add this line to xbmc/addon/skin.confluence/720p/Startup.xml:
Code:
<window>

does it matter where it goes in the startup.xml?

matt

yes, put it on the second line, right below <window>,
so it's started before anything else.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks mate.

working ok now, could never get it to work before.

i can see the menu for about a second before it plays any way round that?

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
(2012-03-14, 19:40)matt77303 Wrote: Thanks mate.

working ok now, could never get it to work before.

i can see the menu for about a second before it plays any way round that?

Matt
here's a minimal Startup.xml for Confluence that will delay the loading of the home screen by 1 second.
you can adjust the value (it's in milliseconds) of the delay to your own liking.

Code:
<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">10</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <controls>
        <control type="button" id="10">
            <onfocus>ReplaceWindow(Home)</onfocus>
            <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
            <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
            <animation effect="fade" delay="1000" end="100">Focus</animation>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>
Excellent ronie - beats changes to source to avoid this issue Wink
(2012-03-04, 15:31)deanmv Wrote:
GeezerJT Wrote:Where can i get the file? that looks great

Clipconverter.cc

Sorry i dont understand what i am supposed to do with that?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Intro Movie2