• 5(current)
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon
Very nice. Thanks for looking into it. I'll try it out in a bit.
ruuk Wrote:...So I was able to bring the maps to full 720p...
Worked perfectly! Great job.
just a little note. i would have called this "Picasaweb Addon". Picasa is a program for local storage as well Smile
clutch Wrote:just a little note. i would have called this "Picasaweb Addon". Picasa is a program for local storage as well Smile

Well sure, that makes sense and all, but who wants to make sense?

Also when I first made this, as I recall, there was already a picasaweb script, and I probably didn't want it to be confused with that one. Yeah... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Hi, I'm new here. I just installed a plugin and it works great!
But I want to see my pictures stored on my external hard disk same as I can see them in Picasa Viewer: fixed colours, dimensions, cuted or rotated...
Is it possible?
satman Wrote:Hi, I'm new here. I just installed a plugin and it works great!
But I want to see my pictures stored on my external hard disk same as I can see them in Picasa Viewer: fixed colours, dimensions, cuted or rotated...
Is it possible?

All of that is outside the scope of this addon, which I wrote to access Picasa web albums. You can of course view photos on an external HD natively with XBMC.

This addon is not likely to get any new features as I don't really use Picasa or Picasa Web. I just thought other people might like to access their Picasa web content from XBMC.
Absolutley the best addon ever - the reason to sign up at xbmc Smile

Only one problem, I can't se pics that are larger then 2048pix (I have a paid Picasa account so it support fullsize 6000px jpgs).

Is there any easy way to change the settings in the addon/files to fix this?
(2012-03-16, 22:18)bjornsundberg Wrote: Absolutley the best addon ever - the reason to sign up at xbmc Smile

Only one problem, I can't se pics that are larger then 2048pix (I have a paid Picasa account so it support fullsize 6000px jpgs).

You can't see the pictures at all or you can't see them at the higher resolution?
I don't have a paid account so I can't test this myself. I actually don't use Picasa Web Albums, I use flickr Smile

(2012-03-16, 22:53)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 22:18)bjornsundberg Wrote: Absolutley the best addon ever - the reason to sign up at xbmc Smile

You can't see the pictures at all or you can't see them at the higher resolution?
I don't have a paid account so I can't test this myself. I actually don't use Picasa Web Albums, I use flickr Smile

I can see the thumbnails but no picture shows up if the image is larger then 2049 pixels. Smaller pictures works great.
BTW - maybe you can use bigger pics on Picasa, if you have a gmail account you always have at least 1GB for lager Pics. I tryed Flickr but think they have way to slow upload speed.

Any hints on where I can see if there is any max supported pixelsize in the addon?
(2012-03-17, 19:21)bjornsundberg Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 22:53)ruuk Wrote:

I can see the thumbnails but no picture shows up if the image is larger then 2049 pixels. Smaller pictures works great.
BTW - maybe you can use bigger pics on Picasa, if you have a gmail account you always have at least 1GB for lager Pics. I tryed Flickr but think they have way to slow upload speed.

Any hints on where I can see if there is any max supported pixelsize in the addon?

The addon doesn't have any maximum supported size, but the picasaweb api may limit the size.
The api was returning pictures at a fairly low resolution, so I recently devised a kind of url hack to get higher res photos for viewing. Most likely that is what is causing the high res pictures not to display. I'll see if I can upload some high res photos and test it. It may be that I'll have to use the old fairly low res versions for the higher res photos if I can't get them to work using the current method.
(2012-03-17, 19:52)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 19:21)bjornsundberg Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 22:53)ruuk Wrote: You can't see the pictures at all or you can't see them at the higher resolution?

The addon doesn't have any maximum supported size, but the picasaweb api may limit the size.
The api was returning pictures at a fairly low resolution, so I recently devised a kind of url hack to get higher res photos for viewing. Most likely that is what is causing the high res pictures not to display. I'll see if I can upload some high res photos and test it. It may be that I'll have to use the old fairly low res versions for the higher res photos if I can't get them to work using the current method.

Ok, sounds like an idea. The photos works well on other apps that i think should use the same api. Did i mention I use this addon on IOS? I'm gonna test it on Max OSX later today.
Hi, first of all thank you for your good work Smile

I have XBMC Live, and when browsing plugins I can only see the 0.8.5 version, is this normal? How can I install the latest and greatest version please?

Thank you!
(2012-03-21, 21:49)astronaute Wrote: Hi, first of all thank you for your good work Smile

I have XBMC Live, and when browsing plugins I can only see the 0.8.5 version, is this normal? How can I install the latest and greatest version please?

Thank you!

The live version you are using appears to be using Dharma, and so that is the highest version there. The highest version on Eden is 0.8.8

The link to the absolute newest version is below.

http://picasaphotos-xbmc.googlecode.com/...-0.8.9.zip
(2012-03-18, 01:48)bjornsundberg Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 19:52)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 19:21)bjornsundberg Wrote: I can see the thumbnails but no picture shows up if the image is larger then 2049 pixels. Smaller pictures works great.

Ok, sounds like an idea. The photos works well on other apps that i think should use the same api. Did i mention I use this addon on IOS? I'm gonna test it on Max OSX later today.

I've got the same issue, all thumbnails are showing but no pictures. It's actually a huge problem for me that high resolution pictures are not showing, because I've got all picasa albums in original photo quality on a paid picasa account.

I've got xbmc installed on aptv2 with nitotv.

I'm looking for a solution to this problem, wich are out of my capabilities to solve. The Picasa plugin for xbmc is really great...so I thank you for the efforts your are putting into solving this problem and sharing it with the community Smile
Version 0.9.0

Changes:
- Fix for photos with width greater than 2048

On my REPO.

This worked for me. I uploaded some photos with width 5184. They didn't display. XBMC logs: Texture manager unable to load file: http://url.....pic.jpg
I copied the url to my browser, image loads fine. So nothing wrong the url the addon is gettting.
I tried a trick I've used before, which is to add a random variable to the end of the url (as in http:://url...pic.jpg&t=1336140705.81) and it worked. Actually I meant to put "?t=" but put the "&" instead on accident. The "&" worked but the "?" doesn't, which is puzzling. I have no idea why this fixes it and no idea why I ever tried it in the first place Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon4