• 15(current)
[MAC] New Thunderbolt Mac Mini!
I just bought a Logitec Mini keyboard and use that as a remote solves the wake up issues and 1000 times more useful than the Apple Remote. It's nice and small too.
i assume that has something to do with the software? or does it use their unifying adapter?
--
prophetizer Wrote:i assume that has something to do with the software? or does it use their unifying adapter?

To the computer it's seen as a standard keyboard and mouse, so it's the same as pressing a key on a keyboard to wake the computer.
I have been doing some experimenting with this.

Am on a trial with remote buddy and using the Atv2 remote. Have not modified any settings in remote buddy nor anywhere else that I can think of relating to this. Regardless of whether the mac goes to sleep as per the energy settings or if I force it to sleep, pressing menu on the atv2 remote wakes it. Have tried this for a few days now.

I have also air server running so as to use the mini as an airplay receiver. The issue I have found is that it seems to go to sleep as per the energy settings inspite of an ongoing airplay stream.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thewolf Wrote:I just bought a Logitec Mini keyboard and use that as a remote solves the wake up issues and 1000 times more useful than the Apple Remote. It's nice and small too.

Are you referring to the Logitech dinovo keyboard?
That does seem like a good alternative (albeit an expensive one)
Though have u seen any Bluetooth connectivity issues or any other issues?
atandon Wrote:Are you referring to the Logitech dinovo keyboard?
That does seem like a good alternative (albeit an expensive one)
Though have u seen any Bluetooth connectivity issues or any other issues?

Dinovo is bluetooth, Logitech mini keyboard is the same unit $10 cheaper using their standard mini RF converter plugged into a USB port. Computer recognizes it as a USB keyboard and mouse, none of the bluetooth interference issues some have complained about on the dinovo.

For some unexplicable reason Logitech promotes the RF version only as an extra remote for GoogleTV, go figure.
Acer Revo 3610 w/ Ubuntu 10.10, Giada Cube Win 7, 2 ATV 1's one w Crystal HD card, UnRaid server w/ SAB/SickBeard/Couch Potato/Transmission, MacBook Pro, Hackintosh Dell Mini 10v
Are there still performance issues with the mini?
Do these issues appear when you install xbmc under windows with the mini?
schwarzmuller Wrote:Are there still performance issues with the mini?
Do these issues appear when you install xbmc under windows with the mini?

what issues are you talking about? i don't have any issues

edit: btw, i do run the audio engine branch under windows bootcamp as well for HD audio
--
Thewolf Wrote:I just bought a Logitec Mini keyboard and use that as a remote solves the wake up issues and 1000 times more useful than the Apple Remote. It's nice and small too.

I do have a (cheaper) solution to this:Black Screen when resuming
prophetizer Wrote:what issues are you talking about? i don't have any issues

edit: btw, i do run the audio engine branch under windows bootcamp as well for HD audio

These issues:

Open6l Wrote:Tested yet another clip on both the macmini 2010 with nvidia and the macmini 2011 with intel. The clip was a bluray remux of U2's Rose Bowl concert. On the macmini 2010 it ran at 49% CPU / 30fps (with 0 dropped frames) and on the macmini 2011 it was 111% CPU / 15fps and constant dropped frames.

Again these are my own tests and observations but something must be off between the new models and xbmc.

Dimh Wrote:The only reason you'd want the AMD model is that the Intel HD Graphics still suffer from the same 24p bug that plagued the previous iterations. This bug causes 24P material (recorded at 23.976Hz) to be played back at 24.00 Hz, causing a small stutter every 40 seconds or so, while it should be played back at exactly 23.976Hz.

Which model do you have?
schwarzmuller Wrote:These issues:

Which model do you have?

i have the 2011 AMD i7
--
I have eden beta2 running on my mini (with amd GPU).
Overall I am happy with the performance. Eden2 also looks to be pretty stable.

The CPU utilization is pretty low for h.264 videos.
But with vc-1 encoded ones (or 1080i AVCHD .m2ts videos off my camcorder) the CPU utilization jumps up. Don't see the same if I run xbmc in boot camped windows on the same machine.
Looks to me like OS X may be the culprit here. It may not be h/w accelerating the vc-1 decode. I could be wrong of course.
But I guess I can live with this. Not too many videos in my setup that are vc-1 encoded
Is the cpu jump an issue ? In other words, is it intefering with other apps. I have the macmini 2011 server and am running it with hardware acceleration off so that it is compatible with the high end codecs. It doesn't interfere whilst simulitaneously severing a stream to another client and performing other server functions.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I searched through the thread, but I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer.

Will one of these 2011 Mac Minis bitstream HD audio in BootCamped Windows 7 if they have the base Intel HD 3000 Graphics instead of the upgraded AMD card?
yes, thats something i am interested too.
if yes thats the point for me buying a mac mini with i7 and amd graphics.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] New Thunderbolt Mac Mini!0