• 62(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
(2012-02-05, 08:44)charlievoviii Wrote: man it works like i charm. I watch two movies today in my dedicated hometheater, from my HTPC HDMI to my Onkyo AVR. With Bluray guide to bitstream i gets random audio skips, but with this patch stuffs no issues so far, im very please. Thank you so much. I would like to donate some money, who do i sent it to ?

http://xbmc.org/ just click on donate Smile. I also have finally donated after this patch came out. Would donate even more if somehow they implemented madVR into XBMC Smile
Anyone using this on Win 8 Consumer preview and can report success?
(2012-03-13, 12:52)nikc0069 Wrote: Anyone using this on Win 8 Consumer preview and can report success?

Sort of ... running it at startup (not as a shell, but via runkeys/startup folder/scheduled task) results in a non responsive xbmc. The metroui screws up xbmc, if the 'old' desktop is visible it works. Start it as shell and it works fine. Audio wise ... no problems.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Thanks for the outstanding development work!! This works great on my system. Finally seeing those HD audio lights on my AVR. Now I just wish for this to be incorporated into an Eden +pvr version Smile! Thanks again for all the hard work
(2012-03-13, 12:52)nikc0069 Wrote: Anyone using this on Win 8 Consumer preview and can report success?
I do. It's been fine in the developer preview as well (as stated in my post #1)
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
Thanks all Smile

Considering using the consumer preview before I need to shift a lot of my library onto the actual HTPC itself. I run it using EventGhost so I may hang fire for now as it is all working so smoothly.
(2012-03-12, 22:41)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 04:32)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-11, 11:50)DanielaE Wrote: I made DirectSound capable of bitstream pass-through as well. May be this helps people with WASAPI problems.
I saw that, but if anything else plays (system sound, etc) it would break passthrough I think. WASAPI's definitely best as long as the sound drivers are good.
Hi Daniela - just confirming DirectSound will not allow passthrough as expected - it'll reject passthrough formats as it controls the output format Sad Any call to initialize DirectSound needs to use it's sample rate/data format or be rejected.
Well, I re-ran my complete test suite (all HD formats, up to 7.1, up to 24bit, up to 174.4kHz) with DirectSound selected instead of WASAPI - just to make sure my latest changes didn't break anything in this regard. DS was configured with default settings (16bit, 48kHz).

Everything went fine without any stutter or failure.

ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
(2012-03-13, 20:46)DanielaE Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 22:41)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 04:32)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-11, 11:50)DanielaE Wrote: I made DirectSound capable of bitstream pass-through as well. May be this helps people with WASAPI problems.
I saw that, but if anything else plays (system sound, etc) it would break passthrough I think. WASAPI's definitely best as long as the sound drivers are good.
Hi Daniela - just confirming DirectSound will not allow passthrough as expected - it'll reject passthrough formats as it controls the output format Sad Any call to initialize DirectSound needs to use it's sample rate/data format or be rejected.
Well, I re-ran my complete test suite (all HD formats, up to 7.1, up to 24bit, up to 174.4kHz) with DirectSound selected instead of WASAPI - just to make sure my latest changes didn't break anything in this regard. DS was configured with default settings (16bit, 48kHz).

Can you check if you disabled WASAPI in Windows audio control panel? Unchecking "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"?

On Win7 disabling WASAPI breaks passthrough as expected. Wondering if Win8 does things differently.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-13, 07:49)Dj Freddy D Wrote: Finally had the time to play around with this. I just remembered when I went from Dharma to this version of XBMC I just updated instead of removing old version and doing a clean install. I uninstalled XBMC and re-installed. I now get that infamous "D" for digital nowSmile

Thanks DDaminan and Bluray for your help!
I'm glad that you got it to work. It's time to enjoy HD audio then....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

this sounds kool, i'm going to try with my xonar HDAV 1.3, I'm stuck with it because of it's driver, WASAPI exclusive does bypass the Windows mixer, but the Xonar driver resamples and switches the channel to whatever you set the Xonar control panel to and breaks the HD Audio passthrough. well where i can find the installer that does the bitstream in directSound mode?

keep your good work guys n girls Laugh

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality !
(2012-03-13, 20:55)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 20:46)DanielaE Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 22:41)DDDamian Wrote: Hi Daniela - just confirming DirectSound will not allow passthrough as expected - it'll reject passthrough formats as it controls the output format Sad Any call to initialize DirectSound needs to use it's sample rate/data format or be rejected.

Can you check if you disabled WASAPI in Windows audio control panel? Unchecking "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"?
On Win7 disabling WASAPI breaks passthrough as expected. Wondering if Win8 does things differently.
Win8 does the same as Win7. As I said, all audio settings are defaults. This means both checkboxes in the audio panel affecting exclusive mode are checked.

In fact, I have reinstalled everything without changes to the installation defaults: Win8 CP with AMD Catalyst, AMD HDMI, and XBMC. Passthrough is fine with every output device option available: primary sound device, AMD DirectSound, AMD WASAPI. I.e. passthrough is supposed work out-of-the-box.

(2012-03-15, 03:30)Senthil Wrote: where i can find the installer that does the bitstream in directSound mode?
Every build advertised in this thread has that capability.
ciao, Dani

(2012-03-15, 10:10)DanielaE Wrote: This means both checkboxes in the audio panel affecting exclusive mode are checked.

Hi Dani, if you disable "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" what happens in Win8?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Well - the expected: no more passthrough.Wink

ciao, Dani

(2012-03-15, 20:04)DanielaE Wrote: Well - the expected: no more passthrough.Wink

Yeah, that switch basically changes things from WASAPI Exclusive to WASAPI Shared/DirectSound or vice-versa. Okay, just wondered if it became a viable workaround in Win8, as Win7 w/DirectSound & bitstreaming = no go. Currently the code expects WASAPI Exclusive to function. Still, that should work for everyone providing their sound device drivers support it. Unfortunately for Senthil the Xonar drivers just don't support bistreaming outside of using the Arcsoft drivers specific to TMT Sad

Holy cow.... am getting the RC2 version as I type.
Great news, then I only need to pass my 3D rips to tmt 5.
Finally I can stay in XBMC for DVD, MKV and BDMV and enjoy bitstreaming.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17