• 42(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Does this support multi part video files?

Files are named like such:

Movie Title(Year) Part1.avi
Movie Title(Year) Part2.avi

Only the first file gets recognized and labeled.

Lastly, I was experimenting with your bulk renamer.

I have certain directors that now have ~q3ad names. Instead of the movie title (year).

In OSX, they are labeled correctly as Movie Title (2011), but XBMC doesn't see it this way.

What can I do to rectify the problem?

Feature Request:
Download posters as folder.jpg
Works better in the Files view.
When working with multi-part video's, XBMC only needs a "Movie Title(year) Part1.nfo" file for the first video file, since they're both essentially the same movie.

What exactly are "~q3ad" names? maybe there are strange characters in the directory name like double dotted characters (ü/é/ß) ?

ViMM already supports the "folder.jpg" format, just go into ViMM's preferences, select "Movie" and change the "Poster File Name:" option to "folder.jpg", and it should name downloaded images to "folder.jpg" from then on, existing images will not be renamed.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
How's the new version coming along Marius?

EDIT:
This is my first forum post since it changed...my reputation is -7
You'd think I had been robbing old ladies or something!!
Not as fast as i'd like it to come along since i'm currently still busy looking for a new job.
Once I get this show on the road again, since i started from scratch, I plan to atleast complete Movies and TV shows before releasing an alpha again.

Currently the movies section should be almost done, currently working on a pretty implementation for 'sets' support. Wink
(2012-03-10, 22:17)jmadonald Wrote: does this support tv show episodes?

nevermind. i see in roadmap it is for v1.

any good media managers that will let you manage by episode level?

Try using SickBeard. It's meant for NZB people, but I find it excellent for setting up all the meta data like ViMediaManager does for Movies. Here's a guide for setting it up on Mac OS X 10.6, other versions should be similar.
(2012-03-13, 23:25)MariusTh86 Wrote: When working with multi-part video's, XBMC only needs a "Movie Title(year) Part1.nfo" file for the first video file, since they're both essentially the same movie.

What exactly are "~q3ad" names? maybe there are strange characters in the directory name like double dotted characters (ü/é/ß) ?

ViMM already supports the "folder.jpg" format, just go into ViMM's preferences, select "Movie" and change the "Poster File Name:" option to "folder.jpg", and it should name downloaded images to "folder.jpg" from then on, existing images will not be renamed.

I'm not sure they are random folder names that consist of random strings like ~q3ad, 47fryh, etc.

From my movie 50/50.

Thanks for sharing that tip about folders.jpg and multipart.

However, I get multiple entries for the movie. Bad Santa is listed 3 times. It has 3 parts, I'll just edit it manually.
Unless the name is also weird inside the NFO file, i'm thinking it might be reading your folder names from a FAT formatted drive, a computer connection or format that doesnt' accept long file names.
First let me say that I say delete but really it just hides files from view.

The movie in this case is Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
Original file name: Crazy Stupid Love [1080].mkv

The movie was placed in /Volumes/MyBook-NTFS/Movies/

Used ViMediaManager Tools, Sort Movie Files Into Folders
It placed the movie in folder called Cra (Just the first letters of the movie name)
Then I fetched Metadata it found the movie and art
Next I did a Bulk Movies Renamer and this renamed the folder to "Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)"

Now clicking this newly renamed folder in the finder revealed the folder empty. Maybe something went wrong with the commas in the folder name?
I attempted to delete this folder and got a finder error instead (sorry I don't remember the error)
I tried to rename this folder and found I couldn't rename it
I used Terminal to see the contents of the folder and found everything was there
So I moved the movie from that folder to its parent Movies folder
After I did that the problematic folder showed the rest of its contents and could be renamed/deleted

I'm guessing this might be a Paragon NTFS problem. I use it because I need this particular external hard drive to be in NTFS format. This allows me to use the drive with my Sony Blu-Ray player which supports all types of different media formats but the drive needs to be NTFS. I'm guessing this is true for Popcorn Hour users as well.

I really like your program so I thought I would give you a heads up.
Thanks, I guess i should go and see what went wrong with the 'sort movie files into folders' option that made the folder name only 3 characters long.
Amazing Work! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Now I can finally replace my old pc with a mini. can't wait until tv episodes are supported! Thank You!
Wink 
(2012-03-19, 21:02)Sweet_Tides Wrote: Amazing Work! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Now I can finally replace my old pc with a mini. can't wait until tv episodes are supported! Thank You!

Thank you! Big Grin
Why doesnt ViMediaManager name the NFO file same as the movie?
I thought if i choose <movie>.NFO under settings it would do that?
It should, but there are a few conditions.

1. It won't rename existing .nfo files.
2. When re-fetching information, it'll replace existing movie.nfo instead of renaming it to <movie>.nfo (I'll look into changing that)

So you'll either have to rename all existing .nfo files, or delete them and re-fetch all.
First of all, thank you for putting this together.
I am having a problem seeing MPAA flags in xbmc when using ViMM to scrape. I can see the rating just fine under the info page in xbmc but never the media flag. I think the problem comes from ViMM putting <mpaa>R</mpaa> instead of <mpaa>Rated R</mpaa> in the nfo.

Also, related to ratings, is it possible to expand on the rating like ember does from IMDB (ie Rated R for Violence, Language, etc)?

Thanks
I see what you mean, it does show the contents of the MPAA tag in the detailed info, but changing it to "rated R" made the flag show on the general view, i'll set that right as soon as possible.

The external scraper I use to get IMDB info unfortunately doesn't get the Violence/Language part of the rating, so until I go about manually scraping the internet pages, i won't have access to it.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19