• 144(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2012-03-18, 23:09)malte Wrote: Can you show me the log after you tried to launch a game?

Thats the Log after I start a game:
PHP Code:
23:35:26 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOBegin showGameInfo
:35:26 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOEnd showGameInfo
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOBegin launchEmu
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOlaunching game with id298
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOBegin launcher.launchEmu
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOfiles for current game: [(u'D:\\Emulator\\Snes\\ROMS\\Akumajou Dracula (J) [!].smc',)]
23:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOlauncher.buildCmd
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOemuCommandLineD:\Emulator\Snes\zsnesw151\zsnesw.exe
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOemuParams"%ROM%"
23:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOromD:\Emulator\Snes\ROMS\Akumajou Dracula (J) [!].smc
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOBegin saveViewState
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOBegin saveViewMode
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOEnd saveViewMode
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOBegin helper.saveViewState
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOEnd helper.saveViewState
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOEnd saveViewState
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOcmdcall "C:\Users\Darkcloud\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\applaunch.bat" "D\:\\Emulator\\Snes\\zsnesw151\\zsnesw\.exe" "D\:\\Emulator\\Snes\\ROMS\\Akumajou\ Dracula\ \(J\)\ \[\!\]\.smc"
23:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOlaunchEmu on non-xbox
:35:28 T:9124  NOTICERCB_INFOlaunch emu 
Can you check if Addon setting escape emulator cmd is enabled? This may cause the problem.
Has anyone been able to successfully launch roms on RCB for Mac? I have a pc and a mac and the pc version works great for all emulators but on my mac It seems to open the emulators but does not launch any rom. I have tried multiple emulators. If anyone has made it work, can someone point me to a tutorial or help me out I'm not sure what is going wrong? I know this is a generic quesiton but im stuck. Also when I try to select the executable (.app) it doesn't let met select the .app but I am selecting the content/mac os/"sne9x" for example. I dunno.
Hi, wondered if someone could help?

I've recently moved from Advanced Launcher to Rom Collection Browser and much preferring it - mainly as I can see games from all platforms at the same time.

However, whenever I start XBMC, after a couple of seconds of being on the XBMC main menu screen I'm automatically taken to the Rom browser screen.

Any idea how I can stop this?

Many thanks
@fixxxer76: Sorry, atm I have no solution for you. Several Mac users asked this question in the past but nobody seemd to find a solution. Last time was some pages back. I know it worked for some users in the past, so it is not impossible. But maybe only with previous OS X versions or they found some special trick that I don't know about.

@Buff: This is related to RCBs solo-mode. It looks like you used solo mode (which will close XBMC before launching a game and starts RCB on next XBMC launch) and RCB had problems to set the correct flag after it was first launched. On Dharma: Check your userdata folder for a file autoexec.py and delete it. On Eden: Check RCBs userdata folder and delete the file settings.xml.

If you already made changes to one of these files that you don't want to loose, let me know and I can give more detailed explanation on how to get rid of RCBs restart mechanism.
(2012-03-22, 13:32)malte Wrote: Maybe it finds the rom it should load but requires other roms that it can't find. Did you try adding the inipath in your emulator params?

Should look like this:
Code:
"%ROM%" -effect aperture1x3rb -skip_gameinfo -inipath "C:\Temptroep\HTPC-zooi\EMULATIE\MAME\mame.ini"

Maybe you can also try to set the "%ROM%" at the end of the params like this:
Code:
-effect aperture1x3rb -skip_gameinfo -inipath "C:\Temptroep\HTPC-zooi\EMULATIE\MAME\mame.ini" "%ROM%"

The difference between launching MAME from cmd/explorer and XBMC is that in cmd/explorer you usually start the emulator from its own home directory. So all relative pathes will be resolved correctly. When you launch it from XBMC it is launched from XBMCs home directory. So you need to use absolute pathes where ever possible and additionally tell MAME where to find the ini file.

Tried both, but still no luck... Sad I even thought that maybe the path I used would be too long to be properly opened, so I copied everything to C:\MAME, but that didn't help either. Cmd/escape in addon settings also did nothing... Does anybody else have their MAME working with RCB??

TIA, WeirdH
(2012-03-23, 07:59)malte Wrote: Can you check if Addon setting escape emulator cmd is enabled? This may cause the problem.

This did it! Thanks!
Hi,

Is there a way to have RCB download the pub and dev logo from thegamesdb.net?

cheers,
Grave
(2012-03-24, 19:53)st graveyard Wrote: Hi,

cheers,
Grave

Not yet I don't think. But you can download a game studio pack from the Aeon MQ3 website.
WeirdH Wrote:Tried both, but still no luck... Sad I even thought that maybe the path I used would be too long to be properly opened, so I copied everything to C:\MAME, but that didn't help either. Cmd/escape in addon settings also did nothing... Does anybody else have their MAME working with RCB??
Yes, a lot of people have it working. MAME is a quite common system. Did you try to remove the extra arguments that you are using (-effect aperture1x3rb -skip_gameinfo). Maybe this causes problems or there needs to be a special order of these arguments.

And, did you try other games? I also have some games here that don't work while others do.
(2012-03-25, 15:46)Tomkun Wrote:

cheers,
Grave

Not yet I don't think. But you can download a game studio pack from the Aeon MQ3 website.

Can you point me in the right direction. I can't seem to find this pack in the downoad section of the site...
(2012-03-26, 09:56)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 15:46)Tomkun Wrote:

cheers,
Grave

Can you point me in the right direction. I can't seem to find this pack in the downoad section of the site...

I couldn't see it there either anymore, but a quick google revealed:

http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/downlo...ip&can=2&q=
(2012-03-27, 03:54)Tomkun Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 09:56)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 15:46)Tomkun Wrote: Not yet I don't think. But you can download a game studio pack from the Aeon MQ3 website.

I couldn't see it there either anymore, but a quick google revealed:

http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/downlo...ip&can=2&q=
There is also a great game studio pack done by KiSUAN:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99554

Thanks a lot Tumkin & Malte, this looks amazing. I will try and figure out how this will work in MQ3, if I'm unable to find it, I will get back to you guys :-)

I see there are also movie studio flags ...
What a great project!

Cheers
(2012-03-01, 19:02)malte Wrote:
thebearnecessit Wrote:I have another question though about the covers that I have downloaded.

I have replaced the genesis jpg files that were automatically downloaded by RCB with the new megadrive jpg files that I found through google. I made sure all the names were identical, and rebooted the PC. But its still the old covers showing in xbmc.

I have used these options but its still not sowing me my new covers..
1) import games on xbmc startup
2) always rescan imported games

So then, what have i done wrong chaps?
I guess it is a caching thing. XBMC caches all thumbnails that it once displayed in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails". The paths to these thumbnails is stored in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database\TexturesX.db".

I am not sure if you can delete the whole thing (db and/or files). I once did it and had no problems. But you may do a backup and a forum search before you try.

Can anyone help me? You can see details above but basically I want to replace the game front covers that appear in Rom Collection Browser (RCB). (i want to use uk mega-drive jpg's as opposed to the default us genesis covers).

What I have tried already is simply replacing the jpg files in the RCB folder with my own jpg file (and obviously making sure the name was identical. That didn't work, so I followed the advice above about deleting the xbmc cache. Unfortunately almost every screen in xbmc had a black background so I have reinstalled xbmc from scratch. (i didnt follow the advice about backing up so I had to reinstall, but i dont mind that, i took the oppourtunity to format my pc so ts running better now anyway).

Question is....

How to i get RCB to show my new jpg's instead of the ones it has cached? When xbmc uses cached files, surely it has to check back with the original files now and again? If I just wait a couple days then maybe xbmc.rcb will pick up my new jpg's?
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20