• 42(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
Any contributions are welcome. I'll be rather busy until the first of the month... And you are correct, very little has been done with the picture section and isn't really high on my list. So, code away and I'll be happy to include your contributions.
-stoli-
(2012-03-25, 20:54)stoli Wrote: Any contributions are welcome. I'll be rather busy until the first of the month... And you are correct, very little has been done with the picture section and isn't really high on my list. So, code away and I'll be happy to include your contributions.

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't want to start working on it if you'd already had big plans for it Smile

I've already forked the repo and will make a branch for my changes. I've never worked on a skin before, but I should be able to manage. Obviously though, since I'm new to it, feel free to spot-check my changes.

One quick question: are you partial to the way the Grid view is now? I rather prefer the PicThumbs view from Confluence and am inclined to use that as inspiration if you have no objections.

-j
jingai,

The current grid view for images is just a placeholder, a copy from Alaska. I don't think Amra even started adapting it for Metropolis.
@jingai,

I'm not partial to anything in the pic views. I'd love to see something new and unique as pic views seem to always be overlooked in most skins.
-stoli-
(2012-03-25, 23:07)stoli Wrote: I'm not partial to anything in the pic views. I'd love to see something new and unique as pic views seem to always be overlooked in most skins.

Fantastic. I've had so many ideas for the pic views. I'll just go nuts then Smile

It'll probably take me a week or two to come up with something since I have never worked with skins before, but I'll ping ya again when I've something to pull.

I've already taken care of on my local branch:

* Allow user scrolling in TextViewer.
* Add Pictures to Addons submenu.
* Show Fanart for Pictures.
* Scale pictures to within the top part of the custom background.

The TextViewer really needs to be a complete window (with textures) though to be generic. The way it is now depends on each view ignoring it selectively, which is kind of a PITA. In the original skin it wasn't a big deal because it was only really used in one place, but addons can use it too which complicates it a bit.

I suck with graphics software, but I'll try my hand at it Tongue

-j
(2012-03-15, 16:47)teefer22 Wrote: I was still having the same small bug as post #554 (When the video is paused and the description is long, Genre and Director would be over top of the

Wow. This was the one substantial complaint I had about this skin, and now I'm going to remote into my HTPC box and get rid of it.

Thank you![/i]
Stoli,

I fixed everything I mentioned with the exception of fixing up the PictureGrid view. I'll get on that next.

Sending you a pull request in a moment.

-j
I am glad to see Metropolis move into Skin support forum. Stoli thanks for keeping it alive
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-03-27, 16:07)bandelguy Wrote: I am glad to see Metropolis move into Skin support forum. Stoli thanks for keeping it alive
Woohoo! Just noticed that myself. Ditto on the thanks.
Thanks for all the hard work guys I really love this skin.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I have noticed that some of my movie descriptions, not all only a few, contain syntax "keywords":[kidnapper","prince", ....."runtime:93,"budget":60000.....
any ideas why?
I know it pulls the info from themoviedb but not sure why some contain the extra info
thanks
Been using this skin for a couple of months now, it's at the top of my skins favorite list Smile
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
I just tried this today on Eden... wow!
Nice, very nice.
(2012-03-27, 03:06)jingai Wrote: Stoli,

I fixed everything I mentioned with the exception of fixing up the PictureGrid view. I'll get on that next.

-j

(2012-03-28, 00:47)homerjs Wrote: I have noticed that some of my movie descriptions, not all only a few, contain syntax "keywords":[kidnapper","prince", ....."runtime:93,"budget":60000.....
any ideas why?
I know it pulls the info from themoviedb but not sure why some contain the extra info
thanks

Does the same thing happen when using the Confluence skin?

Regards,
-stoli-
(2012-03-28, 17:01)stoli Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 03:06)jingai Wrote: Stoli,

-j

(2012-03-28, 00:47)homerjs Wrote: I have noticed that some of my movie descriptions, not all only a few, contain syntax "keywords":[kidnapper","prince", ....."runtime:93,"budget":60000.....
any ideas why?
thanks

Does the same thing happen when using the Confluence skin?

Regards,
No, this is only the case with Metropolis skin, plot info in other skins does not display this extra info

thanks
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5