• 47(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
I see a lot of people wanting to get ember downloading trailers and getting all bells & whistles AND wishing to be open source & free ...if Life was so simple that everything worked for everyone ALL the time .. sadly it ain't so..
Why not let couchpotato do the initial work including downloading trailers and then run ember as a post processing script
occasionally there are glitches ( c'est la vie)
for me EMM + sickbeard + couchpotato has been Most Excellent
thanks your nice work.
i want to translate ember in chinese,will you tell me that which documents needs translate?if i want to add a chinese xml movie scraper,how ?
my english is poor.
thanks
For translating check the "Langs" folder just translate the english xml that should do for the program when you are doen you can check for modules and help.
Until youtube trailers work again: Does anyone know another free tool that can download trailers for single movies (no totally automated batch over all movies) in a similar way?
Looking for trailers manually on youtube, downloading them and then renaming them is too much effort...
(2012-03-28, 18:00)TeKo Wrote: life time for 50 bucks...
I understand that the developers put a lot of time in their projects.
But I cant be sure that he keeps working on the software or that it still does what I want a year from now.

And the scraper from MCM is really crappy, not worth the 50 bucks.

why the hell would you get lifetime? just get it for a month like i did, it took about 12hrs to do my entire library of 500+ movies and then i dont need it anymore. easy.
MCM instead of reading my nfo files it was re downloading everything again. I didn't like that I stopped it and uninstall. Ember loads a list of movies, TV shows then I can download nfo etc.

$50 is not wroth it for MCM. Also for people upset about trailers a lot of movies I have notice includes Amazon links for trailers.
(2012-03-29, 10:01)pigeldi Wrote: Until youtube trailers work again: Does anyone know another free tool that can download trailers for single movies (no totally automated batch over all movies) in a similar way?
Looking for trailers manually on youtube, downloading them and then renaming them is too much effort...

Jdownloader...

-Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
(2012-03-27, 21:48)elecga Wrote: Can anybody help out with adding a regex?
Basically, I have one show that uses the naming convention Show.Title.S01.D01.avi
I guess ember can't recognize it by default? I'm sure its a easy fix by adding a regex but i'm lost when I look at the syntax
Can somebody smarter than me type out a regex I can use? tia

Anybody?
(2012-03-29, 09:36)TeKo Wrote: For translating check the "Langs" folder just translate the english xml that should do for the program when you are doen you can check for modules and help.

thanks for your help!
(2012-03-29, 19:19)burritoboy9984 Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 10:01)pigeldi Wrote: Until youtube trailers work again: Does anyone know another free tool that can download trailers for single movies (no totally automated batch over all movies) in a similar way?

Jdownloader...

-Erik

In an "automated" way? I know that you can download trailers from youtube (or apple) with jdownloader, but that is still the same manual effort I described where I first have to search for a trailer manually, then download it (no matter if with jdownloader or any other website/tool), copy it to the movie folder and rename it...

pigeldi.. have you tried couchpotato ? that provides a very good automated way of getting trailers with the correct naming as for xbmc to pick them up as well as nfo, extrafanart, TBN's etc -- just the nfo is quite basic and I personally then let ember run as a post processing script which does the trick
Try media companion imo the gui and everything else is a complete disaster but their page says that imdb trailer support is working.

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/
I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with ember. I am attempting to run ember through parallels on my mac, but every time I open the program and the "loading modules" screen comes up, I get a pop up that says "system.security.permissions.securityPermission" and have the option to press OK. When I do so, I get an error from Ember saying "an error has occurred. request fail." The "loading modules" screen then gets stuck and I have to close the program. I have tried the newest version and the experimental version
Teko,

A long, long time ago I tried media companion when Ember looked dead. I liked the look and feel of the program but it showed double of all my movies and TV shows, No idea why.
(2012-03-30, 09:38)pigeldi Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 19:19)burritoboy9984 Wrote:

Jdownloader...

-Erik

In an "automated" way? I know that you can download trailers from youtube (or apple) with jdownloader, but that is still the same manual effort I described where I first have to search for a trailer manually, then download it (no matter if with jdownloader or any other website/tool), copy it to the movie folder and rename it...

I guess I misunderstood your question.

-Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26