• 7(current)
iOS 5.1 & XBMC
i got one of the earlier ones should i update to the take3 version even tho i am not experiencing issues?
Hello again.

Happy to report I am not experiencing any display related problems any more! Well Done. I appreciate all of the help.
I have however one question. Is there any reason that you can think of that random video files will crash after about 20 seconds. They are h264 720p files. I also played a h264 1080p file and that played fine obviously reduced to 720 but played fine. I experienced this problem with about half of my videos. This may be the wrong place to post this, I tried searching for info but didn't find anything conclusive. If this is the place I will post a log. If not I would be so appreciative if you could point me in the right direction. This is killing me... Must be missing something, but it is very late here. Thanks again.
So how's it feel on 5.1? Besides the tethered aspact is this now the "preferred" iOS version?
(2012-04-02, 09:02)Warmapple Wrote: i got one of the earlier ones should i update to the take3 version even tho i am not experiencing issues?

You don't need to - but you could. When nobody complains about any Screen positioning errors the approach from take3 will go into mainline.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-02, 09:21)happyendin21 Wrote: Hello again.

Happy to report I am not experiencing any display related problems any more! Well Done. I appreciate all of the help.
I have however one question. Is there any reason that you can think of that random video files will crash after about 20 seconds. They are h264 720p files. I also played a h264 1080p file and that played fine obviously reduced to 720 but played fine. I experienced this problem with about half of my videos. This may be the wrong place to post this, I tried searching for info but didn't find anything conclusive. If this is the place I will post a log. If not I would be so appreciative if you could point me in the right direction. This is killing me... Must be missing something, but it is very late here. Thanks again.

I think its unrelated to this ios5.1 thing i fixed here (ios5.1 compatibility is more about how XBMC appears on the screen - 90degree rotated or not Big Grin).

Feel free to open a new thread with all needed info (xbmc.log, syslog, crashreporter log and mediainfo - first link in my signature will tell you how to get those).

I guess you started with XBMC on iOS5.1 directly did you? So its not that you've tested these movies with older iOS versions and only the iOS5.1 version crashes right?

Beside that - did you undo these changes to the guisettings.xml you did? Thats important i think to be sure that take3 fixed it and not your changes to the guisettings.xml Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Code:
AppleTV:~ root# dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb(Reading database ... 3242 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 11.0-3 (using org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
  Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on com.nito.updatebegone; however:
  Package com.nito.updatebegone is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock; however:
  Package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock is not installed.
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

What does it means ?
I've checked out this page http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369 what do you do with this ATV2-Eden-iOS5.1 compatible take3?

the ssh into my apple tv 2 to get xbmc is no problem..I have Nito tv and ATVS Flash black on my apple tv 2 and I am on 5.1 just don't know what to do with the deb file or where to put it...
Do what i've written in that post you linked in that little white code window?
(2012-04-02, 10:00)NewFolk Wrote: What does it means ?

follow the install instructions from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369
(2012-04-02, 11:21)Memphiz Wrote: Do what i've written in that post you linked in that little white code window?

forgive me for being thick! but just ssh this

Code:
apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
mkdir -p /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb

(2012-04-02, 10:00)NewFolk Wrote:
Code:
AppleTV:~ root# dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb(Reading database ... 3242 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 11.0-3 (using org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on org.awkwardtv.whitelist; however:
  Package org.awkwardtv.whitelist is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 depends on com.nito.updatebegone; however:
  Package com.nito.updatebegone is not installed.
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

What does it means ?
same trouble
100%[=======================================>] 48,950,908 1.17M/s in 51s

2012-04-02 03:17:29 (946 KB/s) - `org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb' saved [48950908/48950908]

Apple-TV:~ root# dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.
(Reading database ... 2751 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb^[[B^[[B^[[B^[[Bdpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
(2012-04-02, 11:23)Memphiz Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 10:00)NewFolk Wrote: What does it means ?

follow the install instructions from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369

Following the instructions i have written ssh root@apple TV IP and then the code in the white box. Right? Seems like I missed something
Working like a sharm.....
(2012-04-02, 12:40)misa Wrote: Working like a sharm.....

Does it work well for youHuh?? YOu SSH:d the XBMCin the new jailbreak 5.1 and it works fineHuh
Just updating/jailbreaking ios 5.1 with the latest seas0npass, will update once I've tried to install the Eden
does xbmc work atv2 5.0 jailbroken, if it does, can anyone help with a link or instruction please, i would really appreciate
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 5.1 & XBMC2