• 5(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script
(2012-04-04, 14:53)Mauz Wrote: Sad now what? are these write permissions on the other hdd (where the serie is located) or firewall issues?

thanks for your fast reply btw!

it simply means that you cant get http://api.bierdopje.com/369C2ED4261DE9C...ur+of+Duty , not sure why that is. there is no errors in the log, it just says that it couldn't connect.
Anyone got XBMC Subtitles working on iPad's XBMC?
I have final Eden version on and XBMC Subtitles 3.0.1 and subtitles are found but not working. It s possible that trey cannot be saved on disk?
How to get a debug log from ipad?
Hi,

Did I do something wrong when I wrote my question? I posted the question in it´s own thread and the after 2 days I posted it in this thread without any comments at all. I just wonder why, so I know. I also tried to delete the post in its own thread but I got permission error and was not allowed to do that. Just explaining that I was not trying to double post.

/Mats
(2012-04-05, 01:04)alessio2 Wrote: How to get a debug log from ipad?

Here you can see how you get the debug log
In short what it says on that page (I myself found that it was a lot of information so here is the short version):
  1. In Settings > System > Debugging there is a setting Enable debug logging
  2. Do what causes the problem (try to get a subtitle)
  3. Close XBMC.
  4. Get the file (for iOS it is in) /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log with (for instance) CyberDuck
  5. Use a pastesite like pastebin.com to save your XBMC.log.
  6. Post your message here with the link to your pasted log that you got above.

(2012-04-05, 08:49)MatsF Wrote: Hi,

Did I do something wrong when I wrote my question? I posted the question in it´s own thread and the after 2 days I posted it in this thread without any comments at all. I just wonder why, so I know. I also tried to delete the post in its own thread but I got permission error and was not allowed to do that. Just explaining that I was not trying to double post.

/Mats

well, its very uncommon, also there is no error in it that I can see.

I dont have a setup like that and I cant recreate the same issues you have. we have said that centralizing the addon_data is not a good idea and that it might fail, and you still want to do it, you are on your own I am afraid ... Smile
Any idea what's wrong with my subtitle addon?

http://pastebin.com/wQ7vqLtx

When I try to download subitlte from podnapisi it gives me no subtitles found. Opensubtitles shows me subtitles but won't load them giving no errors, just jams to the downloading subtitles section.

Thanks for your help!
(2012-04-05, 09:41)Saimo Wrote: Any idea what's wrong with my subtitle addon?

When I try to download subitlte from podnapisi it gives me no subtitles found. Opensubtitles shows me subtitles but won't load them giving no errors, just jams to the downloading subtitles section.

Thanks for your help!

maybe XBMC has proxy server enabled and not configured?? full Debug Log would have the answers, do not clip it as its missing important bits of information
(2012-04-05, 09:16)amet Wrote: we have said that centralizing the addon_data is not a good idea and that it might fail, and you still want to do it, you are on your own I am afraid ... Smile

I don't understand. Who are "we"? I thought that XBMC supported centralizing addon_data, is that not correct?

And then I saw an error (a bug?) in your (extremely nice) addon. And the bug is probably very easy to fix because you already read and write settings.xml to the centralized directory so why cant you read/write the subtitles also. And that is not even the problem. It is the settings.xml that needs to be centralized, and for your addon it already is. Where the add-on puts the temp-files doesn't matter if the program just saves and then opens the zip from the same place(!)

This is from row 1154- in the OSX debug log.
If I am not mistaken the add-on saves the zip locally (row 1) and then in row 2 uses the substituted (centralized) directory when it tries to open the newly saved zip-file :
GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fUsers%2fMacMini%2fLibrary%2fApplication%20Support%2fXBMC%2fuserdata%2faddon%5fdata%2fscript%2exbmc%2esubtitles%2fsub%5ftmp%2fzipsubs%2ezip/
CFileSMB::Open - opened /Video/XBMC/Userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/zipsubs.zip, fd=10000
CFileSMB::Close closing fd 10000

Probably that is an easy thing to fix, dont you think? It looks like one of the rows are hardcoded and the other row uses the substitution from advancedsettings.xml (or maybe I have misunderstood the debug log, it is not always easy to read new logs that you are not used to).

And I think more and more do want to use the substitution of addon_data because it helps so much when you dont need to set everything up on every client for every add-on.

I would be happy to help you to test these bugs Smile

br /Mats
(2012-04-05, 10:15)MatsF Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 09:16)amet Wrote: we have said that centralizing the addon_data is not a good idea and that it might fail, and you still want to do it, you are on your own I am afraid ... Smile

I don't understand. Who are "we"? I thought that XBMC supported centralizing addon_data, is that not correct?

never heard of anyone trying to centralize addon data, nor did I hear any team members advising that it would be a good idea. correct me if I am wrong.

there is more than one issue with multiple instances of XBMC opening the same files that are in there, my opinion is that it shouldn't be done.

besides, this has nothing to do with this addon, if the pathsubstitution is not handeled correctly then its a XBMC core issue but I think what you are seeing is just the incosistent logging... we save and open from a same location "sub_temp" in "__profile__ = xbmc.translatePath( __addon__.getAddonInfo('profile') ).decode("utf-8")"
(2012-04-05, 09:54)amet Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 09:41)Saimo Wrote: Any idea what's wrong with my subtitle addon?

Thanks for your help!

maybe XBMC has proxy server enabled and not configured?? full debug log would have the answers, do not clip it as its missing important bits of information

That solved my problems. Thank you!
(2012-04-05, 10:26)amet Wrote: never heard of anyone trying to centralize addon data, nor did I hear any team members advising that it would be a good idea. correct me if I am wrong.
Well it is there, and if you just read the Wiki about it then it is nobody trying to say that you are not suppose to use the feature.....

(2012-04-05, 10:26)amet Wrote: there is more than one issue with multiple instances of XBMC opening the same files that are in there, my opinion is that it shouldn't be done.
Yes I can see that too. But what I think everybody wants is a centralized reading/writing of settings.xml, at least as I see it now but I havent been able to test it that much Smile
And that shouldn't be that much of a problem.

(2012-04-05, 10:26)amet Wrote: besides, this has nothing to do with this addon, if the pathsubstitution is not handeled correctly then its a XBMC core issue but I think what you are seeing is just the incosistent logging... we save and open from a same location "sub_temp" in "__profile__ = xbmc.translatePath( __addon__.getAddonInfo('profile') ).decode("utf-8")"
There I think you are wrong, in the part of inconsistent logging at least. The first part I really couldn't say. But if you look at the log it saves the subtitile locally (it was an episode of Alcatraz) and then it opens the same file name (zipsubs.zip) from the centralized place, and that is an old episode of Burn Notice in that zipsubs.zip . (Row 1154-1158 and/or 1173-1176) in my OSX Log.

Now when I look at it a little bit more I see that it can really be a core XBMC issue. If I read the log correctly the substitution works as long as it is not files inside a zip-file. It is then it wont use the substitution?!.
Could you just do me the favor and look too see if that is correct please. Then I can take this problem to the right place Smile
(2012-04-05, 15:26)MatsF Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 10:26)amet Wrote: never heard of anyone trying to centralize addon data, nor did I hear any team members advising that it would be a good idea. correct me if I am wrong.
Well it is there, and if you just read the Wiki about it then it is nobody trying to say that you are not suppose to use the feature.....

well, anyone can put it in there..I dont agree with it

(2012-04-05, 10:26)amet Wrote: there is more than one issue with multiple instances of XBMC opening the same files that are in there, my opinion is that it shouldn't be done.
Yes I can see that too. But what I think everybody wants is a centralized reading/writing of settings.xml, at least as I see it now but I havent been able to test it that much Smile
And that shouldn't be that much of a problem.

you want it, I dont , and I have 5 xbmc instances in the house.... its personal taste

(2012-04-05, 10:26)amet Wrote: besides, this has nothing to do with this addon, if the pathsubstitution is not handeled correctly then its a XBMC core issue but I think what you are seeing is just the incosistent logging... we save and open from a same location "sub_temp" in "__profile__ = xbmc.translatePath( __addon__.getAddonInfo('profile') ).decode("utf-8")"
There I think you are wrong, in the part of inconsistent logging at least. The first part I really couldn't say. But if you look at the log it saves the subtitile locally (it was an episode of Alcatraz) and then it opens the same file name (zipsubs.zip) from the centralized place, and that is an old episode of Burn Notice in that zipsubs.zip . (Row 1154-1158 and/or 1173-1176) in my OSX Log.

Now when I look at it a little bit more I see that it can really be a core XBMC issue. If I read the log correctly the substitution works as long as it is not files inside a zip-file. It is then it wont use the substitution?!.
Could you just do me the favor and look too see if that is correct please. Then I can take this problem to the right place Smile

it looks to me that it looks for the file in the right place,
Code:
07:51:11 T:2689590592   DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened /Video/XBMC/Userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/zipsubs.zip, fd=10000

it does say its "local" but in fact it is opening the SMB file(CFileSMB::Open), hence me saying that its logging issue rather than not substituting. looks like it fails extracting the file to the temp_location as it says that the zip file is correctly opened.
Code:
07:51:20 T:2689590592 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://XBMC:xbmc@ASUSP5BVISTA/Video/XBMC/Userdata/addon%5fdata/script%2exbmc%2esubtitles/sub%5ftmp/720p%2eDIM/Burn%2eNotice%2e311%2e720p%2eDIM%2eVO%2eNOTAG%2esrt

I think addon does everything correctly, it uses the same path for both, if its failing its core that is not handling it correctly.
I'm the guilty one who put "addon_data" as one of the possible sharable files/folders. I do know that not all add-ons in all situations will respect pathsubs due to how XBMC works, but in theory nothing bad should happen when sharing that folder (as opposed to guisettings.xml or any of the db's, where we know there will be issues). Or at the very least, I've never experienced any issues, and I have never heard of any issues other than some add-ons not sharing all data. Will try to note this on the wiki.
(2012-04-05, 15:47)amet Wrote: you want it, I dont , and I have 5 xbmc instances in the house.... its personal taste
I also have 5 instances and I dont understand how anyone wants to configure every addon in 5 places when it is possible to do it in one place and then it works on the other four places in the exact same way. And especially with XBMC Subtiles addon I cant see any reason to configure it in different ways on different clients.

(2012-04-05, 15:47)amet Wrote: it looks to me that it looks for the file in the right place,
Code:
07:51:11 T:2689590592   DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened /Video/XBMC/Userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp/zipsubs.zip, fd=10000

it does say its "local" but in fact it is opening the SMB file(CFileSMB::Open), hence me saying that its logging issue rather than not substituting. looks like it fails extracting the file to the temp_location as it says that the zip file is correctly opened.
Code:
07:51:20 T:2689590592 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://XBMC:xbmc@ASUSP5BVISTA/Video/XBMC/Userdata/addon%5fdata/script%2exbmc%2esubtitles/sub%5ftmp/720p%2eDIM/Burn%2eNotice%2e311%2e720p%2eDIM%2eVO%2eNOTAG%2esrt

I think addon does everything correctly, it uses the same path for both, if its failing its core that is not handling it correctly.
Well, it is exactly that I want to know. To me it also seems like it is the core (as I said). But I dont understand your example, I think you took the wrong rows in the log.
In row 1154 it saves the zip-file and that is local as you can see in the code below And when I look at the two zipsubs.zip the local one has the new srt-file and the one in the substituted directory has an old srt-file inside it, (Burn Notice). And when it tries to copy it to the movies-folder it looks in the central one again, and not finding it of course because it is not there.
Code:
07:51:11 T:2689590592   DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fUsers%2fMacMini%2fLibrary%2fApplication%20Support%2fXBMC%2fuserdata%2faddon%5fdata%2fscript%2exbmc%2esubtitles%2fsub%5ftmp%2fzipsubs%2ezip/

Is this the core doing this?

I also want to thank you for answering all my annoying questions about this.
/Mats
(2012-04-06, 01:42)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm the guilty one who put "addon_data" as one of the possible sharable files/folders. I do know that not all add-ons in all situations will respect pathsubs due to how XBMC works, but in theory nothing bad should happen when sharing that folder (as opposed to guisettings.xml or any of the db's, where we know there will be issues). Or at the very least, I've never experienced any issues, and I have never heard of any issues other than some add-ons not sharing all data. Will try to note this on the wiki.

I think that was a really good idea to do that. Maybe we shouldn't continue this discussion in this thread but can you see if it is the XBMC core doing this wroing (looking at amets two rows of my log and my row in the end of my post above)?
The examples of this log is from my OSX client and I just want to tell you that it handles it differently on the Windows 7 client.

/Mats
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script6