(2012-04-11 11:33)chippie Wrote:
(2012-04-09 22:27)colbert Wrote: I can't get fanart to work for the Movies/TV/Music of the main menu, I have the options checked in the Skin Settings and have built the database and all:
All three sections are just black backgrounds: http://i.imgur.com/G7qjP.png http://i.imgur.com/QG43Z.png http://i.imgur.com/iJNI7.png
Appreciate any help
I know this has been discussed after your post but just going to chip in here, I find that the using the the Library Fanarts for Movie Items and TV Shows apart from not refreshing correctly also causes bad stuttering when moving between Main Menu Items. What I would recommend is to manaully create folders somewhere, for Example \Fanart\Movies and \Fanart\TVShows and then copying your specific fanart to these folders. Then under Settings>Skin>Shortcuts/Backdrops assign this folder to the BackDrops Multiple Images option of each Main Menu or SubMenu option you want.
Doing it this way eliminates the stuttering and also gives you complete control of what fanart is displayed against the Menu Items. You could also write a quick batch file to copy the fanart to the specific folders if you wish. If you create the folder outside of the XBMC install folder you then just have to set the path for each build/install of XBMC you have. I actually keep my on mine on my NAS and only copy over good quality fanart.
Finally, if you are not doing so already then I would recommend using MediaCompanion or Ember to download and keep all your fanart and Posters locally with your collections, this, despite having to use another program to manage your movies and TV Shows really makes life easier.
Man, why didn't I think of that! Great tip, thanks
Also, you can still use Artwork Organizer with this:
- Turn OFF all of the "use library fanarts for.." options in Skin/Main Menu settings.
- Set a path in the Artwork Organizer addon options (and choose which items you want copied of course).
- Now go back to Skin/Main Menu settings and flick on one of the "use library fanarts for.." options. It should start copying all fanart to the specified folder (if not, do it manually by clicking on "fanart collection - use to update database").
- After it's done copying, turn OFF the "use library fanarts for.." option again.
- Now go to your "Skin/ShortcutsBackdrops" settings and select multiple image and choose the folders from the Artwork Organizer folders.
- After that, everytime you want to update the fanarts, you can simply flick on one of the "use library fanarts for.." options, wait for it to copy the files, and flick it off again.
This way there's no need for a batch-job. But you have to do the flick on/off manually when you want to update.
(PS. Of course, for this to work, you do need to have the actual artwork downloaded to your individual media folders with Artwork Downloader addon or a program like Ember, as Chippie suggested.)