• 47(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-04-09, 22:51)Amra Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 21:21)jingai Wrote: I just had a look at this and I don't see an immediately obvious way of determining within the skin that you're in the RecentlyAddedEpisodes sub-section.
The visible condition for Recently Added Episodes I recently discovered (thanks to Eddage) is:

Code:
[SubString(Container.FolderPath,videodb://5/)+!SubString(ListItem.Episode,S)+!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title) + Container.Content(episodes)]

I actually figured that out, but.. I really dislike hardcoding stuff if I can help it. I suppose it's ok if this path if there are no plans to change it, but I didn't know if those change often or not.

If the consensus is that this is an OK thing to do, I'd be more than happy to add it. Wouldn't take more than a few minutes Smile

I can add the same change to the other TVShow views that don't currently list the show name in the list item as well. Is this desirable?

Thanks Amra,
-j
Personally, I like the Files view for anything Recently Added as there is more room to display the title. In the Fanart List, any TV Show with even a medium length name runs off the edge. So, I would say just leave it as is. I just wasn't sure if you or stoli had seen Eddage's previous post here.
(2012-04-09, 23:44)Amra Wrote: Personally, I like the Files view for anything Recently Added as there is more room to display the title. In the Fanart List, any TV Show with even a medium length name runs off the edge. So, I would say just leave it as is. I just wasn't sure if you or stoli had seen Eddage's previous post here.

I'm going to just abandon this then and leave it up to Stoli. I agree that it's just not wide enough; plus, it creates some UI consistency issues.

However, I did notice that the Low List view has some issues determining which poster to display. Working on that now instead Smile

-j
(2012-04-09, 14:22)jingai Wrote: No, but I know what the problem is. If you care, the Icon view is an XBMC control type "wraplist". It appears it has trouble if you hide any of the items in the list. If I change it to "fixedlist" (which is the same view, but doesn't wrap) it works fine. So I'm inclined to call this one a bug in XBMC.

Yep, I definitely care Smile. I actually prefer fixedlist over wraplist. Is this an option in Metropolis or do I need to make this change elsewhere?

Thanks again...
Metropolis got a little love from Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/5900664/four-beaut...gallery/16
(2012-04-10, 18:59)Amra Wrote: Metropolis got a little love from Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/5900664/four-beaut...gallery/16

I missed your post - I also mentioned it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128459

Congrats!
-stoli-
knewknow,

For some reason I am unable to reply directly to your post (keeps asking me to login), but anyway.. if you want to make the change locally for yourself, it's in 720p/Includes_Home1.xml. Change the control type for ID 9000 from "wraplist" to "fixedlist".

As for making it an option in Metropolis (or simply changing it permanently to a fixedlist), I'll leave that up to Stoli. There is a patch available on the trac ticket for this issue so it may have been fixed. I haven't had a chance to apply it yet though.

-j
Few Queries: -

Below is a screenshot I got when I entered the "ENTER" button on the keyboard.
I am wondering :-
1) Why the progress bar is overlapping with the album info?
2) Why does that white "Now playing" bar appear on the screen?
Both of the above things mar the beauty of the skin.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
The GIT updated last night. Every time it gets updated, I lose any theme choices and have to add the other xbt files to the media folder! (ie, leather, glass, etc)
(2012-04-12, 15:03)thewarm Wrote: The GIT updated last night. Every time it gets updated, I lose any theme choices and have to add the other xbt files to the media folder! (ie, leather, glass, etc)
I just noticed this too and have asked stoli about it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1073782

Hopefully it can be figured out.
Another thing I noticed. I cannot get my FLAC library to show (or play) with this skin! I added my library in Confluence, and it plays perfectly. But when I change to Metropolis (repo or GIT) all I see is an empty library!
Any ideas please?
Thank you
For the textures.xbt issue see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1073899
(2012-04-12, 16:04)thewarm Wrote: Another thing I noticed. I cannot get my FLAC library to show (or play) with this skin! I added my library in Confluence, and it plays perfectly. But when I change to Metropolis (repo or GIT) all I see is an empty library!

I don't see anything immediately obvious. Few questions:

1) Does it still work in Confluence?
2) Are there any errors in your log?
3) Do the files show if you switch out of Library view?

-j
(2012-04-12, 08:42)bandelguy Wrote: Few Queries: -

Below is a screenshot I got when I entered the "ENTER" button on the keyboard.
I am wondering :-
1) Why the progress bar is overlapping with the album info?
2) Why does that white "Now playing" bar appear on the screen?
Both of the above things mar the beauty of the skin.

The music section in general needs some work. It's on my TODO list, but since I don't personally use XBMC for music, it's not the highest priority. Stoli might get to it before me, but if not, I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient.

-j
(2012-04-12, 17:10)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 16:04)thewarm Wrote: Another thing I noticed. I cannot get my FLAC library to show (or play) with this skin! I added my library in Confluence, and it plays perfectly. But when I change to Metropolis (repo or GIT) all I see is an empty library!

I don't see anything immediately obvious. Few questions:

1) Does it still work in Confluence?
2) Are there any errors in your log?
3) Do the files show if you switch out of Library view?

-j

Oops... I had to add them to the library (using Confluence). They play, but no song info is shown while playing... just the album cover.
Thanks

I also noticed that when I enable CD Art, the spinning disk is oblong!
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5