• 13(current)
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only
I had an AMD 6770 laying around so I installed this card. All my problems are gone now. switching streams no problem, no video artifacts. So from that perspective it is great.

I have one very strange problem left that I did not had on the intel. I use TMT5 to play my 3D blurays. This does not work any more, TMT5 starts fine but it is like it is paused, while my receiver says no signal (Anthem MRX700).
I can fastforward but that's about it. Without XBMC TMT5 plays my #D movies fine.....

Any idea
@Big_Ben - good thing you had that card handy - it will be great for Intel graphics users when they finally fix their drivers.

For the TMT problem I'm gonna refer you to this thread and this one - lot's of folks there doing exactly what you're trying to do (and I don't use TMT so my advice won't help you with that).

Make sure you're using the latest Catalyst drivers (12.1 or 12.2).

Thx for the good feedback!
Damian,

TMT5 always worked flawlesly with the intel GPU. Now it is like xbmc is occupying my sound card.
Can that have something to do with AE ?
Yep - if you need TMT5 go to settings>audio options and disable Exclusive Mode. That does have repercussions for passthrough formats in XBMC though.

As it's name implies, in Exclusive Mode only one application can have the audio device at any given time. Because you are running two sound apps at the same time the first program to open the sound device excludes all others.

That said, normally XBMC takes exclusive control even in it's stock builds, but try that first.
Not happy with the HD audio patched version, I also tried the 20120405 build.

Turns out you have to do a clean install and what is it with the weather add-on complaining about a corrupted script ?
If you just install this build on top of an existing one, there's no audio.

I had problems switching from analog out to HDMI. XBMC crashes if you "hit" SPDIF. I have an AMD3650 + A75 chipset and
some HD audio codec from VIA. Maybe the VIA driver is screwing up things. If you first select the output device to the AMD HDMI
device and then go from analog to HDMI it works fine.

I have an Onkyo NR-TX609 receiver with 5.1 speakers.

Looks like DTS, DTS-ES, AC3, DTS-HD MA all work ok. Didn't check DD TrueHD yet. Also tried some AVI and MP4 with MP3 and AAC.
All ok.

The HD audio version from DanielaE has an issue with DTS-ES, which causes repeatedly switching between modes on my
receiver.

Looking forward to a more final build !

(2012-04-14, 14:35)loekf Wrote: Not happy with the HD audio patched version, I also tried the 20120405 build.

Turns out you have to do a clean install and what is it with the weather add-on complaining about a corrupted script ?

By HD audio patch version I assume you mean Daniela's patch? Not sure what issues you had with it, it's been quite good at what it does.

I would strongly recommend clean installs for any AE builds, it's a much different animal. You can run it in portable mode as well though. The weather script is constantly being updated - seeing that is not unusual if it's being fixed/re-worked and there have been many changes to it lately.

(2012-04-14, 14:35)loekf Wrote: I had problems switching from analog out to HDMI. XBMC crashes if you "hit" SPDIF. I have an AMD3650 + A75 chipset and
some HD audio codec from VIA. Maybe the VIA driver is screwing up things. If you first select the output device to the AMD HDMI
device and then go from analog to HDMI it works fine.

We're aware of the spdif crash and it's fixed now - will appear in next build.

(2012-04-14, 14:35)loekf Wrote: I have an Onkyo NR-TX609 receiver with 5.1 speakers.

Looks like DTS, DTS-ES, AC3, DTS-HD MA all work ok. Didn't check DD TrueHD yet. Also tried some AVI and MP4 with MP3 and AAC.
All ok.

The HD audio version from DanielaE has an issue with DTS-ES, which causes repeatedly switching between modes on my
receiver.

Looking forward to a more final build !

Glad all those are working nicely for you - thx for letting me know. TrueHD should be fine - it's DTS-MA on certain receivers I'm struggling with right now. Several people are seeing the switching issue on AE with DTS-MA. Your case is interesting - AE plays DTS-MA well for you as well as DTS-ES, and Daniela's switches on DTS-ES! Would be so freaking handy if the folks at DTS just released the framing codes lol - life would be much easier!

All in all a great report - thx. On a seperate note there's been a ton of progress all-round on AE over the last few days - it's getting very close indeed. There's a total of three of us very active on it now: Gnif on Linux and core, Memphiz on OSx/IOS and me on Windows. Add in the fact that several more Team members are testing and poking the code and progress has really picked up Smile

System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-14, 15:42)DDDamian Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 14:35)loekf Wrote: Not happy with the HD audio patched version, I also tried the 20120405 build.

By HD audio patch version I assume you mean Daniela's patch? Not sure what issues you had with it, it's been quite good at what it does.

My main issue was the impossible bitstreaming to my receiver with MKVs with DTS-ES (LOTR movies, Star Wars).

With AE they play fine.
(2012-04-14, 17:58)loekf Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 15:42)DDDamian Wrote:

My main issue was the impossible bitstreaming to my receiver with MKVs with DTS-ES (LOTR movies, Star Wars).

With AE they play fine.

Glad to hear it. We're very near submission of what's probably the biggest single code merge to XBMC, so if we can nail down the last issues it's great news for everyone.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
One nice new feature: on Linux and Windows we've written code that basically checks out every audio device on your system and probes for every audio format, channel layout, sample rate and connection type it can support!

The idea is two-fold: one is to simplifyy setup, and eventually have two saved setups for quick switching between, say, night time TV audio or audio through an AVR, or different settings choices, and the other is to allow a single button upmix of everything to the best format your device can handle Smile
Sounds brilliant nice work guys Smile
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

can't wait till i can give it a test run.
sounds all so good
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
as soon as we find anything promising on the DTS-MA switching bug we'll post right away
(2012-04-14, 20:07)DDDamian Wrote: as soon as we find anything promising on the DTS-MA switching bug we'll post right away

Found some older MKVs with DTS, which either stutter (receiver is showing it can't identify the bitstream) or have no audio at all.

I would say DTS is DTS (they play fine under VLC or XBMC with analog as output). Maybe it's MKVmerge. Trying out now with
the most recent version.

UPDATE: no, remuxing with MKVmerge 5.5 doesn't help. Just reinstalled DanielaE's HD audio patch and those files work ok. So guess it has to do with how DTS packets are streamed to the receiver. Funny is though that some more recent MKVs with DTS play fine, older files do not (with AE that is).
DDDamian, if you want a log let me know,
@loekf - if you could make a <100mb clip and upload somewhere that would be great! Then I can check out the DTS pre-ambles on them and see how we analyze which type of DTS they are (there's actually many, including 14 & 16-bit).
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] AudioEngine testers - Windows platform only3