• 7(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
@Beer - Whui, so glad to hear that it all worked out great, congrats Smile
Really like that it's so quiet and cool, sweeeeet build Tongue
How was the noise-level, with case fan plugged in?

Now I'm even more excited to recieve my setup Wink
CoreELEC 19.3
LG OLED CX 65 - Yamaha RX-V775 . Dali Opticon 6.
(2012-04-14, 15:50)wsume99 Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 23:16)jack0w Wrote: Thanks for the reassurance, your temperatures seem to be within a few degrees of mine. Smile

Quote:Also I hooked up the Kill-a-watt and I was drawing 34 watts...I believe that was idle with XBMC and win7 running or maybe it was playing music or something.

Really? How have you managed that? My system draws nearly double the amount of power yours is using! Huh

My build:

A6-3500
ASRock A75M-ITX
4GB DDR
64GB OCZ SSD
1x Noctua NF-R8 80mm Fan
What are you using for a PSU? If you are using an ATX-sized PSU then that is your problem.

I'm just using the standard PSU that came with my Antec ISK300-150, so no not an ATX PSU.

Are you using same case and PSU as me?
(2012-04-14, 20:10)morfeus Wrote: @Beer - Whui, so glad to hear that it all worked out great, congrats Smile
Really like that it's so quiet and cool, sweeeeet build Tongue
How was the noise-level, with case fan plugged in?

Now I'm even more excited to recieve my setup Wink

I never hooked up the case fan.... I took out the whole cage..... I just tested the sound of that fan for you. It's quiet at the first level.... the third sounds like a plane.....
(2012-04-14, 20:34)Beer40oz Wrote: I took out the whole cage.....

FTW!!

(2012-04-14, 20:34)Beer40oz Wrote: I never hooked up the case fan.... I took out the whole cage..... I just tested the sound of that fan for you. It's quiet at the first level.... the third sounds like a plane.....
If the temperature rise and you need to use the case fan, you can set CPU to "Cool ‘n’ Quiet" in AsRock Bios Advance tab and set the CPU operating temperature to 50 degrees in Bios Hardware/Health Monitor tab....and you can set both CPU and case fans to level 5.......

With the configurations above, it is very silent with the included stock CPU cooler, stock PSU and case fan.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
ALL SSD Optimization done! and still 15 SEC boot.... thanx Leo
(2012-04-14, 20:34)Beer40oz Wrote: I never hooked up the case fan.... I took out the whole cage..... I just tested the sound of that fan for you. It's quiet at the first level.... the third sounds like a plane.....

Thanks for the testing, Beer. With your setup and tests, I think I made the right choise, waiting on ordering the Noctura case cooler.

By the way, I downloaded an app for Android a couple of months ago, "Sound Meter". Don't know how excact it is, but if you got an Android, and the time, would you do some db testing? Maybe 0,5 m - 1,5 m and 2 m away? Big Grin
CoreELEC 19.3
(2012-04-14, 21:14)Beer40oz Wrote: ALL SSD Optimization done! and still 15 SEC boot.... thanx Leo

This makes me happy as I just made my wife pick up the same SSD! Whew!

Beer, one question about the possibility of putting a slim blu-ray drive in there with the BIG Shuriken 2. How much room is there for a drive? I happen to have one from a friends busted laptop I was thinking of putting in there. If it will interfere with the Shuriken 2 I'm not sure if I want blu-ray bad enough to go with a different heatsink/fan.

If you have time and are working in your case anyways could you see how much room for the drive with the Shuriken there is?? The drive measures pretty much an even 5" deep... although that's not taking into consideration the extra room for the power/SATA cables. Not a big deal if you don't have you system opened up on it anymore, I'll end up finding out for myself next week when my case gets here. Nod
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

I believe there is room for your dvd drive..... take your time on cutting the bracket correctly. This Shuriken is the best for this.... it just fits with the bracket..... just cut the sides a little. Look at my pic of the bracket.

You will love this setup... let us know hot the dvd drive works out...!!!
I am no playing with my new qwerty small keyboad.
In bios you can enable stuff so the PC turns of from cold.
Supposedly my MCE remote suppose to work but it does not.

Now this new qwerty keyboard does work! any button even the mouse pad works and turns on the computer. Smile

To make it work you have to enable it in bios.... and thats it!

Now when I am lazy I don't have to get up..... Tongue

(2012-04-14, 21:14)Beer40oz Wrote: ALL SSD Optimization done! and still 15 SEC boot.... thanx Leo
SSD optimization doesn't improve anything for me either. I have better luck with BIOS........

(2012-04-14, 23:42)Beer40oz Wrote: Now when I am lazy I don't have to get up..... Tongue
As long as you hit the gym 4 days a week, you don't need to get up during movie......Rofl

(2012-04-14, 23:42)Beer40oz Wrote: I am no playing with my new qwerty small keyboad.
In bios you can enable stuff so the PC turns of from cold.
Supposedly my MCE remote suppose to work but it does not.

Now this new qwerty keyboard does work! any button even the mouse pad works and turns on the computer. Smile

To make it work you have to enable it in bios.... and thats it!

Now when I am lazy I don't have to get up.....

How are you liking that keyboard btw? Been trying to find it in Canada, unsuccessfully!

Man what is going on.... I am back to almost 50sec boot time....
It was also working fine with -d 2 in the startup folder.... so xbmc will start when i turn on the PC....

Now its 50sec and when xbmc pops up right away after boot it freezes.... it was working fine a few minutes ago.

Now i'm lost....

I love the little keyboard btw!
Heh! Mr. Lazy Gadget Beer Big Grin
Wouldn't use it myself, but it makes me laugh, in a good way, that you make this setup so 101% Smile
Hmm...maybe i should consider, I never use keyboard with XBMC, but my girlfriend and friends, usually complains about my old programmable NAD HTR2. It a heavy mo-fo, but stable, eats 4 AAA batteries every 14 days Big Grin (it's the on in the middle)

CoreELEC 19.3
(2012-04-15, 01:22)Beer40oz Wrote: Man what is going on.... I am back to almost 50sec boot time....
It was also working fine with -d 2 in the startup folder.... so xbmc will start when i turn on the PC....

Now its 50sec and when xbmc pops up right away after boot it freezes.... it was working fine a few minutes ago.

Now i'm lost....

I love the little keyboard btw!
As I mentioned, you can try AsRock Instand boot "A75M-ITX". You can watch these guys- ASRock Instant Boot

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10