• 53(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-04-11, 15:45)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 09:03)DanCooper Wrote: With mysql you can't directly update the database.

It turns out that you can directly update mySQL dbs! I thought the XBMC Controller module was broken altogether because I couldn't even get it to work on a local SQLite db. After you said it does wok on those, I uninstalled EMM and did a fresh install. It then worked on a local SQLite db, but even better it now also works on my central mySQL db! I turned on notifications and and changed the plot of one of my existing movies to "TEST". When I saved it in EMM, I got a notification on XBMC and when I went into the movie info for that movie the plot read "TEST". I did the same to put the correct plot back and again it worked. I know it used to not work on mySQL dbs, but maybe recent XBMC changes somehow fixed that.

This is a huge finding for me as I sorely missed this feature.

So you mean I can update all the trailer links directly in the mysql database without an export/import cycle? Amazing

Also when I tried the trailer link update with youtube/tmdb, the links were http links from youtube, not the plugin links. Is that a problem?

If it is, how do I fix it? Btw I am using 1.3.0.4 from the project site

Thanks
(2012-04-11, 19:35)aptalca Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 15:45)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 09:03)DanCooper Wrote: With mysql you can't directly update the database.

It turns out that you can directly update mySQL dbs! I thought the XBMC Controller module was broken altogether because I couldn't even get it to work on a local SQLite db. After you said it does wok on those, I uninstalled EMM and did a fresh install. It then worked on a local SQLite db, but even better it now also works on my central mySQL db! I turned on notifications and and changed the plot of one of my existing movies to "TEST". When I saved it in EMM, I got a notification on XBMC and when I went into the movie info for that movie the plot read "TEST". I did the same to put the correct plot back and again it worked. I know it used to not work on mySQL dbs, but maybe recent XBMC changes somehow fixed that.

This is a huge finding for me as I sorely missed this feature.

So you mean I can update all the trailer links directly in the mysql database without an export/import cycle? Amazing

Also when I tried the trailer link update with youtube/tmdb, the links were http links from youtube, not the plugin links. Is that a problem?

If it is, how do I fix it? Btw I am using 1.3.0.4 from the project site

Thanks

I've just uploaded a new version 1.3.0.5 that has an extra option for formatting the youtube links on the scraper settings. This option allows you to specify whether the link is to be formatted for XBMC or just the regular URL.

I've just released a new version that improves on the default scraping for IMDB to utilize the new trailer scraping, so no longer will you get the horrible RTMP as the default trailer link for scrapes. I've also improved the youtube scraping so that you can choose how to format the url for youtube trailers, whether to use the XBMC plugin format or just a regular URL.

I've also added the ability to download extra formats via youtube, it seems that they now have webm/vp8 formats available and so I've made it possible to download these formats if you desire.

The new file can be found at my project site which is now in my signature.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
Thx Big Grin
Great!!! Thanks Bodrick, can't wait to get home from work to give it a try!!!
LivingRoom:ASUS EeeBox EB1021|Harmony900 Remote|Samsung 55" 3D LCD|AMD Dual-Core 1.6GHz RAM 2GB |Windows7|XBMC Frodo|ÆON MQ3
Bedroom:Pivos XIOS|Harmony650 Remote|Sony 42" Bravia|Linux port|XBMC Frodo
KidsPlayroom:Pivos XIOS| XIOS Remote |Toshiba 42"(w/ a nice big WII remote crack)|Linux port|XBMC Frodo
MediaStorage:DNS-325 NAS|3TB
what is the best way to update whilst keeping the settings from previous release?
Anyone else have issues with IMDB scraping movies that contain two titles, the movie title and the original title?

Ember currently is setting the following movie's name to the original title and not scraping the movie title:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/
(2012-04-12, 00:17)krish_2k4 Wrote: what is the best way to update whilst keeping the settings from previous release?

I just unzipped it over the old one. It seemed to have worked. I guess the settings files are created post install and are not included in the zip, so they don't get overwritten.
top update yesterday....
adds support to scrpae urls exactly for trailers in xbmc,,,#
saves downlaoding all the trailers....

well impressed with people keeping this software improving..
It looks like updating an nfo files wipes the lastplayed tag. Using 1.3.0.5.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
deleted
Question 
Hi everyone,

New to the forum here but it's great to see all of these updates. I have been using Ember for a while now but hadn't found all of these updates so I have been making do even though the program seemed to be slowly falling apart. So I plan to get everything up to date and hopefully start to get a bit more out of the program.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or if anyone will be able to answer this but does anyone know the ffmpeg command that Ember uses to create the video file with scrolling text when you use the Offline Media Manager option. Basically I have a collection of offline movies and TV episodes and I use the Offline Media Manager to get the meta data and then create a video which says where the DVD is located. This works fine for Movies but not for TV, I can create a 15 second avi from a jpg so I can use the backdrop.jpg file to create the video but I can't get the scrolling text overlay part. I have a few other ideas to do this either with subtitle files or by manually adding the DVD location to the picture but ideally I would like it to look the same as the offline movie files so if I had the ffmpeg command that Ember uses I could manually do it for the TV stuff and it will all look the same and be easier.

The command I have at the moment for ffmpeg which creates a 15 second avi from the jpg is:

ffmpeg -loop_input -i "F:\TV\The Big Bang Theory\Season 01\1x01 - Pilot.jpg" -s 1920x1080 -r 1 -t 15 -qscale 2 -b 1 -an "F:\TV\The Big Bang Theory\Season 01\1x01 - Pilot.avi"

I guess all Ember does is something similar but with a switch to overlay some text. I have spent a will looking into various ffmpeg library commands but I haven't really got anywhere. If I could just find out what command Ember sends to ffmpeg I could work the rest out myself.

Cheers for any help Smile
Using 1.3.0.5 with the new plugin link trailer support, noticed a couple of movies not scraping the plugin url on automatic scrape, instead I'm getting links going to http://www.totaleclips.com/ . An example movie would be Contraband.
Hi,

I have the following problem with EMM. For some reason the fanart stored in the extrathumbs folder is only downloaded in the smallest available resolution. When I scrape the movie (native scraper) I select all the fanart and tick the highest possible resolution. But still the fanart downloaded is only low resolution.

Any idea what that's about?
Hi, im having troubles in EMM, it scrapes a different movie then the one i have, i use "change movie" and select the correct one, and it still comes out the same? using 1.2 revo 2411
(2012-04-15, 00:18)Diazz Wrote: Hi, im having troubles in EMM, it scrapes a different movie then the one i have, i use "change movie" and select the correct one, and it still comes out the same? using 1.2 revo 2411

You use Ember 1.2?
If yes update...
Try to use the imdb id.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26