• 40(current)
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)
I have been reading some negative reviews about the USB version of the Infinitv 4 versus the internal card version. Have any of you had issues with the USB version? Or are all of you using the card?
(2012-04-10, 01:52)mcheng89 Wrote: What if you lower the video quality? Does that help the jerky video?

I did some quality testing on my ipad on my local wireless-n wifi network (which has a server with quad core Q6600 CPU).

HD station:
1080p, Low (1400kbps): server CPU=90-98%, unable to playback (I get the play button after loading but it always says unable to play back)
720p, Low (1200kbps): server CPU=70-80%, Playback on ipad is a little jumpy at times but doable

SD station:
720p, Low (1200kbps): server CPU=40-50%, Playback on ipad is definitely jerkier than HD above despite using less CPU and not a good experience

Is there anything that can be done to reduce the CPU usage in VLC (e.g. do they support multi-threading, etc) to try to lower the CPU burden? And is there anything that can be done to improve the playback on the ipad? e.g. is there a way to stream it in a format/container that the ipad can natively hardware accelerate (if it's not already, etc...)

So you're aware, I was doing some testing of local 1080 content on the latest version of Plex for example that now supports the retina display and 1080p direct streaming and the CPU for the PlexTranscoder.exe is around 80-85% but with silky smooth playback on my local wifi (using their new 20mbps/1080p setting).
My particulars in case it helps:
Windows 7 32bit
Core2Duo E6600
2 GB RAM
GT430 1 GB Video
Ceton InfiniTV-4 internal
VLC is ver 2.0
XBMC is ver 11.00 (hd audio patched)
Skin is AeonNox 2.0

I have CetonTV as a favorite and linked from main screen. The VLC plugin occasionally seems to not work on my machine. RemoteCeton will show five attempts and there is an error number (Sorry I don't recall the number off hand, will check when I'm home). I doubt that this is a problem with your script. The problem is that XBMC will stay stuck at a black screen when this happens. I can pull up the XBMC menu, but none of the selections will do anything. I have to completely close XBMC and restart it. Usually once I restart XBMC CetonTV will run fine (this is without doing anything with the RemoteCeton, it stays running the whole time). So my question would be is there anyway to detect when VLC doesn't successfully run and return to XBMC with an error message or just back to main screen?

When everything does run I seem to get a lot of buffering. I think the buffering may be intermittent, but it's enough that my wife has commented on it before. She watches Live TV more than I do. Is this something lacking in my system?

Overall I absolutely love CetonTV. Before we were constantly switching back and forth between 7MC and XBMC. My wife loves not having to switch around because she really doesn't get how to go from one program to the other and if my kids and I aren't around she would just stick with whatever was on or turn it off completely.
(2012-04-10, 15:34)mcheng89 Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 05:35)mikeniccy Wrote: Ok I tried updating VLC 2.0.2. That didn't work still can't get this to work. any help is much appreciated.

In Remoteceton I'm seeing:
tuner[4]: rtsp://192.168.200.1:8554cetonmpeg3
tuner[4]: starting video stream
vlc[4]: starting vlc instance with remotevlc plugin
vlc[4]: streaming to http://localhost:8559
vlc[4]: setting stream program id using remotevlc
vlc[4]: attempt 5 of 5 failed...
vlc[4]: could not set program in 10 seconds
vlc[4]: closing vlc instance
tuner[4]: stopping video stream

I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I've disabled my firewall and antivirus. Still no go. I am able to get a channel listing, and change the channel on the tuner just doesn't stream.
Again TIA Mike....

Is this a typo or does it really show this line:
rtsp://192.168.200.1:8554cetonmpeg3

it should be:
rtsp://192.168.200.1:8554/cetonmpeg3

Yes it was a typo. Any suggestions or solutions. Thanks again.
Sorry this maybe be a really dumb post but...how well does this work? Any major limitations?

I really want to try out XBMC but the lack of TV support has kept me away.

thanks
Didnt have my laptop for a few days, so I havent had a chance to take a look

@LehighBri: I'm not too sure about the cpu usage

(2012-04-10, 23:19)Plirus Wrote: I have CetonTV as a favorite and linked from main screen. The VLC plugin occasionally seems to not work on my machine. RemoteCeton will show five attempts and there is an error number (Sorry I don't recall the number off hand, will check when I'm home). I doubt that this is a problem with your script. The problem is that XBMC will stay stuck at a black screen when this happens. I can pull up the XBMC menu, but none of the selections will do anything. I have to completely close XBMC and restart it. Usually once I restart XBMC CetonTV will run fine (this is without doing anything with the RemoteCeton, it stays running the whole time). So my question would be is there anyway to detect when VLC doesn't successfully run and return to XBMC with an error message or just back to main screen?

I'll try to fix this later today Smile
Great, the error showing on RemoteCeton is "Error: connect() returned error 10061". Not sure what causes it, but like I said normally after I force close XBMC and reopen it works.
I am having a terrible time getting the port forwards correct on my router. Currently, I have two port forwards for this operation. I have one that is pointing incoming 8555 forwarded to localhost 8555 and a second one with incoming port 8559 - 8559. When I go to my site externally, I get the guide information but when I try to play the video I get "Video not found or access denied: http://xxxx:8559/video.flv"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**EDIT, fixed my issue. Windows Firewall was the culprit**
uploading new xbmc plugin Smile. xbmc shouldnt crash anymore
http://www.mediafire.com/?2bycs9y95he7eh2

sorry i didnt finish the update sooner
just updated my processor and did a reformat
then i wasted half a day to figure out why my ceton wasnt working
(turns out a simple reset from the diagnostic tool fixed it)

@LehighBri: I'll investigate the cpu usage soon.... maybe its the transcoding options that I use?

@uspino: hmm that does sound like a reasonable explanation. i wonder if theres a fix for that
Quick question about upgrading from a previous version. What can we salvage or do we need to reinstall everything such as channel mapper, etc.
(2012-04-17, 14:56)jfoley Wrote: Quick question about upgrading from a previous version. What can we salvage or do we need to reinstall everything such as channel mapper, etc.

just replace the files.
i'll let you know when theres something you have to delete
So what file do I replace or what would be the best method to replace the file? Should I just copy the all the new files/folders into the old directory and choose "replace"?
Sorry to be a pain. I haven't yet tried to update it yet but I have another issue that start a while back that I haven't tried to fix yet. For some reason, I am not getting guide information from any channel over 199. On the guide, channels over 199 say "No Program Info". I can select and play the channel just fine, but will not give me updated guide information. All channels below 199 update just fine. I have tried to manually run the "EPGUpdater.bat" file with no luck.
(2012-04-17, 15:12)jfoley Wrote: So what file do I replace or what would be the best method to replace the file? Should I just copy the all the new files/folders into the old directory and choose "replace"?

yep just overwrite them

(2012-04-17, 19:00)jfoley Wrote: Sorry to be a pain. I haven't yet tried to update it yet but I have another issue that start a while back that I haven't tried to fix yet. For some reason, I am not getting guide information from any channel over 199. On the guide, channels over 199 say "No Program Info". I can select and play the channel just fine, but will not give me updated guide information. All channels below 199 update just fine. I have tried to manually run the "EPGUpdater.bat" file with no luck.

Can you send me your channelmap.csv file in a pm? Also send me the info you used to setup mc2xml (zip code and epg you selected) so I can try building the guide data on my computer to see whats causing the issue.

(2012-04-17, 04:19)mcheng89 Wrote: @LehighBri: I'll investigate the cpu usage soon.... maybe its the transcoding options that i use?

Great. Looking forward to hearing what you find and what optimizations you think there might be
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX)10