• 14(current)
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon
No rush mate, have a rest, don't want you to burn out
(2012-04-16, 07:06)hasselhof Wrote: No rush mate, have a rest, don't want you to burn out

Just testing quoting
Really cool spinning icon you've created, it gives a very polihed feel to it, it lets the enduser know it's working away
Quoting with the dark skin is non usable on the Transparency skin unfortunately see screenshot
Quoting with the default skin however is fine
Also I've noticed that I can't quote from a full screen post, only able to quote from screen with the avater
Quoting from a full screen post gives a message "Posting a reply failed" "The specified thread does not exist"
I like the post numbers it's very usefull
I've also noticed that some of the forums for example boxee, is not showing full screen posts for some reason.
Thanks for the update, I've not made myself a member of any forumrunner forums yet, to try your other new imlementation
I will post screenshot and debbug log in a moment from my other m/c as I'm typing this on forum browser on my Tv in living room
Thanks
John
Here is the log

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/
Version 0.9.23

Changes:
- Fixed the skin for the image viewer window
- Carried loading image to threads and posts windows
- Fixed a few issues with the Dark skin
- Possibly fixed a scraping forum issue with encoding

On my REPO.

(2012-04-16, 23:03)hasselhof Wrote: Really cool spinning icon you've created, it gives a very polihed feel to it, it lets the enduser know it's working away
Quoting with the dark skin is non usable on the Transparency skin unfortunately see screenshot
Quoting with the default skin however is fine
Also I've noticed that I can't quote from a full screen post, only able to quote from screen with the avater
Quoting from a full screen post gives a message "Posting a reply failed" "The specified thread does not exist"
I like the post numbers it's very usefull
I've also noticed that some of the forums for example boxee, is not showing full screen posts for some reason.
Thanks for the update, I've not made myself a member of any forumrunner forums yet, to try your other new imlementation
I will post screenshot and debbug log in a moment from my other m/c as I'm typing this on forum browser on my Tv in living room
Thanks
John
Fixed the post editing view and other issues you would have seen eventually with the dark skin. I may have fixed the boxee issue, needs testing. I've extended the spinning to the other views. It needs some work on the dark skin, plus I know there are some issues with the 'Previous' arrow being underneath. I'll be getting to the rest of these issues and others you mentioned eventually Smile

Version 0.9.24

Changes:
- Fix for scraper forums failing to load definitions
- Hide postcount display when no data available
- Hide next/prev buttons while loading

On my REPO.
(2012-04-16, 23:13)hasselhof Wrote: Here is the log

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/

Quote test
(2012-04-13, 00:05)hasselhof Wrote: Thanks Im off to bed speak to you soon, as I say I can do more testing over the weekend

Quote from fullscreen message view test
If you're reading this then I've managed to post from Forum Browser Smile

(2012-04-17, 19:19)dj_gerbil Wrote: If you're reading this then I've managed to post from Forum Browser Smile

Good news Ruuk, you've sussed it Smile
I'm off to see if I can post in TVC's forums now Smile
Cheers, Chris.
hasselhof Wrote:I've also noticed that some of the forums for example boxee, is not showing full screen posts for some reason.
Is that still a problem on the latest version?
hasselhof Wrote:I like the bold new unread posts at thread level, but once I go into posts ( I found a couple of new threads) read all the posts came back out to thread level, the text was still bold, but all posts within were read. I then closed forum browser and back in and the thread was not bold anymore.
I'm assuming that if you went back to the forum list and then back to the threads that also would have worked (unless you tested that) because the problem is that the threads list is not refreshed when you return from the posts. I can make it manually take off the bold (which I think is preferable to making the user wait for a refresh)
hasselhof Wrote:The online database is getting a little busy, maybe you could categorise the database, like "sports", "health" etc
The database could use all kinds of work - for instance if a user puts a blank description it's there forever, or if the logo url changes it won't show up anymore and there's no way to change it (and I sure don't have enough space with my web hosting to save images)
I'm probably not going to do much with the database though until I do a bunch of other things and get this on the main repo.
hasselhof Wrote:"After viewing images via forum browser, if I want to how would I download the images?
I'll add something for that. It in fact already downloads the image when you view it. All I need to do is have it ask where you'd like it to be saved (copied).
hasselhof Wrote:I've noticed that some forums have images in the posts and they will display ok, then on some forums the images don't display, eg if you go to the "IGN" forum then go into mixed martial arts then find a post called "fan puts nick diaz gogoplata over his head" the entry by "Thenewcharlie985" won't show the image.I will do some debugging on this."
what I mean't for the above paragraph was that the link to the image is visible on screen in the post, but if I push right to access the image menu there isn't a menu appearance, the image in question is a .GIF. I've had a look at the xbmc.wiki and the list of supported images is
Digital picture/image formats: RAW image formats, BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, MNG, ICO, PCX and Targa/TGA . so I'm not sure why it's not showing.
Maybe if we can find a picture based forum we can test all the types of images.
Well, images are scraped from the post. Currently it doesn't scrape printed urls, only the ones in [url] or [img] tags. Also, it only finds images in [url] tags that end in whatever extension I have it looking for (I can't remember offhand what they are). If you think it is missing some it shouldn't, I'd need to see the actual post to fix it.
Oh also, do you mean it shows up as the colored IMG#2 type thing in the post or you can just see the link text?

Also, in the next update, posting from the fullscreen message view will be fixed.

I think that answers for now the things I haven't answered or fixed yet Smile

(2012-04-17, 19:19)dj_gerbil Wrote: If you're reading this then I've managed to post from Forum Browser Smile

Good news Ruuk, you've sussed it Smile
I'm off to see if I can post in TVC's forums now Smile
Cheers, Chris.

Cool. Another windows user got it working, so I suspected it was fixed, but I'm glad that you also confirmed it, just in case your issue was more unique Smile
(2012-04-17, 01:59)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 00:05)hasselhof Wrote: Thanks Im off to bed speak to you soon, as I say I can do more testing over the weekend

Quote from fullscreen message view test

quote from thread test
(2012-04-17, 19:45)ruuk Wrote: Cool. Another windows user got it working, so I suspected it was fixed, but I'm glad that you also confirmed it, just in case your issue was more unique Smile

Yep, looks like it. All working over on TVC's forums too. Better get back to my own coding updates now lol Smile
Hi ruuk

running Version 0.9.24, getting better each release!!

Boxee is working perfectly thank you.

Bold on new posts does clear to non bold if I go to the forum list and back to the thread list you are right.I think your idea to manually refresh to take of the bold would be preferable.

yeah cool about the database, as long as I can add to the database and download from the database is fine for now.

Good idea about the download location for images chosen by the end user.

Some of the printed links do work I think if they contain http in the printed link, because if I push left they are accessible from left menu. The image we discussed that I wasn't able to see was a .gif image, I went to the image in my pc browser and it is a image that flashes and things in the image move about, so I think that these sort of images are few and far between so I think they aren't worth bothering with.All other images are showing fine if they have the coloured "img*2" and they look good full screen.

Also the option you mentioned in settings to optionally tick for closing forum browser would be good, as I keep coming out of forum browser by mistake

I again was able to qoute from thread level no problems , but from full screen post I got the same error message as I got on previous version see log Devil

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hansel...0error.log

Spinning icon is more prevalent now, which is good, thanks

I noticed the next and previous arrows had gone when not req, good idea.

I have a windows m/c with forum browser installed I could give that a good old testing too if you like, let me know.

I'm loving forum browser it's my most used addon, while the wife reads her book, I too read on the tvCool

Thanks

John.

Just noticed the time diff where you live it's 8hrs behind meBig Grin

(2012-04-17, 21:43)hasselhof Wrote: I again was able to qoute from thread level no problems , but from full screen post I got the same error message as I got on previous version see log Devil

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hansel...0error.log

I have a windows m/c with forum browser installed I could give that a good old testing too if you like, let me know.

Just noticed the time diff where you live it's 8hrs behind meBig Grin

I wasn't that clear, but the fix for posting from the full screen post isn't up yet - I've fixed it but it's not in the current version on the repo.

If you want to test on a windows based media center (or is it centre where you live Smile ) feel free, although generally the windows problems are fairly major and people come running asking for a fix.

And, yeah I had guessed the time diff from the times you tend to post and for phrases like 'No rush mate' which are less common this side of the Atlantic. I live about an hour away from Seattle.

Hey, I just noticed your negative rating went away. Now you've jumped up to +6!
Version 0.9.25

Changes:
- Fixed posting from fullscreen message view
- Added ability to save images in posts (on context menu)
- Added option to ask if you really want to quit
- Clear bold (unread) from threads when clicked (Also darkened read threads in the dark skin because, at least on my screen, the difference was slight)

On my REPO.
The current TODO list from my changelog:

Handle nested quotes
Forum Subscriptions
Add join date to posts
Unsubscribe threads/forums
When deleting line in post editor, select next line instead of dropping to bottom
Improve the database and database management
Encrypt login data

hasselhof (or anyone else), if there is something missing you mentioned, let me know so I can add it to the list. I'm sure I've forgotten something. I want to get everything there so I can decide what I'm going to do before or after the next main repo release and then start crossing things off.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Browser - Programs Addon5