HTPC Group7 Small budget
(2012-04-16, 16:23)anthony74700 Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 15:43)eskro Wrote: both systems have low horse power.
there's no easy way out.

thats why we like to build custom htpc's so much.
the pre-built htpc market often offers box's that doesnt meet our needs most of the time..

Ok thanks, I'm going to investigate more, maybe I should set up my own but I'm kind of a novice Smile
If you watch these videos, you'll become pro too- How To Build a Computer-Part 1- Choosing Your Components, How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build and How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-16, 18:15)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 16:23)anthony74700 Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 15:43)eskro Wrote: both systems have low horse power.
there's no easy way out.

thats why we like to build custom htpc's so much.
the pre-built htpc market often offers box's that doesnt meet our needs most of the time..

Ok thanks, I'm going to investigate more, maybe I should set up my own but I'm kind of a novice Smile
If you watch these videos, you'll become pro too- How To Build a Computer-Part 1- Choosing Your Components, How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build and How To Build a Computer - Part 3 - Installing Windows & Finishing Touches.....

Great, I will have a look at this tomorrow thank you guys! FI, more or less how many time is necessary to turn on an HTPC of this range an arrive on XBMC?

By the way I'm also looking for a NAS, is this a good option (I already have a 3tB 3,5" HD)
Netgear RND2000 ReadyNAS Duo 2-Bay (no disks) NAS Enclosure
I want something with good vale for money around 100€ from which I could read write from my MacBook and HTPC through lan, wifi, usb.. and with RAID1 to save my data
thanks!

i dont understand your question
(2012-04-16, 20:43)eskro Wrote: i dont understand your question

Sorry my English is bad..I mean, if I buy the lenovo for example. Let say I wana watch a movie, is it long to turn it on and to arrive on XBMC main page or is it faster than a "random" PC? in other words, why people say it's slow?

The second question was about this nas: http://www.ebuyer.com/149510-netgear-rnd...000-100uks

To know if it's a good investment
people say its slow because XBMC user interface might not be super fluid.
you know, when moving from movies to music and stuff...

to boot faster, we all use an SSD as system drive.

that NAS, well, it can work, but all of us prefer to build our very own NAS box's....
http://ow.ly/1uaFv6
(2012-04-16, 21:53)anthony74700 Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 20:43)eskro Wrote: i dont understand your question

Sorry my English is bad..I mean, if I buy the lenovo for example. Let say I wana watch a movie, is it long to turn it on and to arrive on XBMC main page or is it faster than a "random" PC? in other words, why people say it's slow?

The second question was about this nas: http://www.ebuyer.com/149510-netgear-rnd...000-100uks

To know if it's a good investment
Just put it this way- my very slow AMD E-350+3 USB hard drives+SSD+W7+XBMC, it's 38 seconds at the push of the start button. If I remove 3 USB from it, I might be able to do 20's seconds.....

Thanks guys. Well after thinking about it I'm going to buy an already made HTPC, I don't have so much time to look for each component etc.

I'm thinking of getting the IdeaCentre Q180 and add a 32GB SD HD and 4GB of RAM but the only offer I can find for Spain is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...1423.l2649

A Zotac or Lenovo barebone around 200€ would be perfect but impossible to find something interesting.

The thing is that these models (lenovo, zotac) are hard to find in Europe... The offer "blueray" sent me was good but they don't ship to Spain.
(2012-04-17, 11:18)anthony74700 Wrote: I'm thinking of getting the IdeaCentre Q180 and add a 32GB SD HD and 4GB of RAM but the only offer I can find for Spain is this one:

It should be a great HTPC for you, and it should playback everything.....

I found this HTPC in a store today for 329€ what do you think, is it better than a Lenovo?

iLife DH30-30 INTEL CORE i3 2100 (3,10GHz)
Caja Thermaltake ELEMENT Q Mini ITX
Fuente de alimentación 75W
Placa Base GIGABYTE H61N-USB3 B3 (H61)
Procesador 1 x INTEL CORE i3 2100 (3,10GHz )
Memoria caché 3 MB L2
Caché por núcleo 0,75 KB
Memoria RAM 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
Disco duro Western Digital 500GB - SATA 6Gb/s
Controlador de almacenamiento Serial ATA ( Serial ATA-600 )
Controlador gráfico No
Almacenamiento óptico
Grabador DVD±RW DL
Conexión de redes LAN 10/100/1000
Audio salida Sonido envolvente de 6 canales
Lector de tarjetas Si
Monitor Ninguno
Peso 2-4 kg
Otros Audio 7.1, USB 3.0, HDMI
Dimensiones 130 x 220 x 330 mm
Yes, the Sandy Bridge should trump the Atom.......
(2012-04-18, 00:00)bluray Wrote: Yes, the Sandy Bridge should trump the Atom.......

But there is no graphic card? Rolleyes

I'm reading that they realized the tethered jailbreak of the ATV3... I guess the untethered will arrive sooner or later... What about this option? I'm just not convince of the results playing 1080p movies through the network..
(2012-04-18, 00:10)anthony74700 Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 00:00)bluray Wrote: Yes, the Sandy Bridge should trump the Atom.......

Intel core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz included a handsome HD2000 iGPU in it.......and it should be able to playback everything!

(2012-04-18, 00:16)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 00:10)anthony74700 Wrote:

Intel core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz included a handsome HD2000 iGPU in it.......and it should be able to playback everything!

Humm ok... but actually with tax it's 380€.... my bad...
About the ATV3? otherwise I stick to the lenovo I think..
thanks
unless ATV3 is jailbreaked, which i think its not yet,
you'll have to buy something else..

DIY
All right, so I’m going to get this Lonovo:

It’s the only offer I have and the price is honest. I have a few questions though:

1- The Lenovo is sold without remote, is it possible to adapt one? Can you give me a good option?
2- Is it possible to boot directly from the remote
3- I’m just going to use XBMC for Music, image, and Video 1080p 3D, is it really worst it to upgrade the HD with a SD and the RAM to 4Go?
4- Is this HD compatible: Patriot Torqx2 SATAII 2.5" Trim Read:270MB/s Write:230MB/s
5- Is this RAM compatible: KINGSTON ValueRAM

Also I need a new 3TB external hard drive to store my photos, videos and music. I use a macbook pro, I will read most of the photos and music from it and most of the movies from the TV. But I want to be able to access to all the content through all my devices. For example if I have a movie on my mac, I want to be able to transfer it to the HD.

A NAS would be the best option I guess but I want a simpler a cheaper installation. After all, it is just to watch movies…

6- Is it possible to connect a USB3.0 HD (western digital essential) to the HTPC and connect the MacBook in red with it?
7- Do I need to use a power line (PLC) or is the wifi good enough?
8- Any better idea?

Thanks for all

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Group7 Small budget0