Files menu option in Music
I love Transparency and the view it offers on my files, but I miss the "Files" option in Music. It is there in Films and TV, but I cannot get to it in Music. I have arranged my music in folders according to type and composers and would like direct access to this, especially since XBMC does not (yetHuh) support the composer field. Why has this been left out?
two options:

- on the home menu, press right from the 'music' button and select 'files' on the submenu

- in the music library, press left till you get to the hidden menu on the left and disable library mode.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ohhhh. The first works for me, but I cannot find the music library (not listed in list on music screen and not listed when pressing arrow right on Music button). Isn't this somewhat inconsistent?

Clicking on .. in Movies list eventually gives you the Files option. No such option exists in Music
Right clicking on Movies button gives you the library but not the Files
Right clicking on Music gives you Files but not the Library

I am confused..
(2012-04-19, 22:51)jopie Wrote: Ohhhh. The first works for me, but I cannot find the music library (not listed in list on music screen and not listed when pressing arrow right on Music button). Isn't this somewhat inconsistent?

yes it is.
point is, the videolibrary and musiclibrary are coded differently in xbmc.
for videos, 'files' are listed inside the library.
for music, you have to switch between files and library.

Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the elaboration. I did notice that the inconsistency is an XBMC feature rather than just a skin one.

I just ran into another oddity, perhaps a bug. When I play music via the files menu, the song being played is listed with duration at the bottom of the screen with the list of tracks on the right ... except that the currently played song is NOT listed at the bottom but only the first one that was played (the list does highlight the right song). I have a screenshot but don't know how to make it available.
(2012-04-20, 00:06)jopie Wrote: Thanks for the elaboration. I did notice that the inconsistency is an XBMC feature rather than just a skin one.

I just ran into another oddity, perhaps a bug. When I play music via the files menu, the song being played is listed with duration at the bottom of the screen with the list of tracks on the right ... except that the currently played song is NOT listed at the bottom but only the first one that was played (the list does highlight the right song). I have a screenshot but don't know how to make it available.

that's how it's intended to be. only when the currently playing track is selected on the list on the right, this info is shown.

if you switch to the now playing view (hit 'space' on keyboard), you'll get what you're after.
I am sorry but would you care to explain why this is done in this way? I am listening to track 7 of an album now and get no info at all, since the screen still shows the first track info. As the program moves from song to song am I supposed to reach for the remote and follow it along just so I can see the song info? In Confluence this works flawlessly and the song info is updated as you move from song to song.

PS. I am only bugging you because I like Transparency so much.
(2012-04-20, 21:51)jopie Wrote: I am sorry but would you care to explain why this is done in this way? I am listening to track 7 of an album now and get no info at all, since the screen still shows the first track info. As the program moves from song to song am I supposed to reach for the remote and follow it along just so I can see the song info? In Confluence this works flawlessly and the song info is updated as you move from song to song.

switch to the List view in Transparency! and it'll behave exactly the same as the List view in Confluence.
maybe other views in T! will display the now playing info as well, but some don't.
let's say it's a design choice :-)
Yes, let's (-:

I did notice that if I switch away from music while something is playing the songs are updated in the new window and that is very nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files menu option in Music0