• 105(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Anyone have issues with playing a song in an album and it not going to the next track after the song is played?
This is after selecting the album list and not the file list. It worked a couple of times but then it still would stop after the song finished. Is the only way to do this is to select add to playlist if I just want to play a whole album.
Forgot to add, this on ipad2

By the way this an awesome edition to xbmc, and i just paid to remove the ads.
Great job.
so i'm running constellation 2.1.3 on the new ipad. it wont load the movie DB.
It only shows the front covers of my collections, but when going deeper, there are no movies in these collections.

I have tried forcing local resync, flushed image cache and even removed and re-added the host.
Have HTTP and RPC both successfully connected

Music and TV have loaded fine.

This was working fine two days ago!

ATV2 4.3 (2557) JB with Seas0npass

XBMC Darwin 11.0. Have updated through nito tv and via apt-get.

Still no joy....

pls help

(2012-04-20, 23:21)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: so i'm running constellation 2.1.3 on the new ipad. it wont load the movie DB.
It only shows the front covers of my collections, but when going deeper, there are no movies in these collections.

I have tried forcing local resync, flushed image cache and even removed and re-added the host.
Have HTTP and RPC both successfully connected

Music and TV have loaded fine.

This was working fine two days ago!

ATV2 4.3 (2557) JB with Seas0npass

XBMC Darwin 11.0. Have updated through nito tv and via apt-get.

Still no joy....

pls help

ok, thats weird.

No sooner had i hit the post button and presto......all the movies just popped up.... Bloody typical!
Hi first of all thx a lot for the great app!

I have it on my iphone and ipad, but I have a question about the "ipad version".

If I browse my music library in the artist tab and let's say I chose the artist xyz, then I see all his albums which I have (as intended), but how can I get back to the artist list?

Greets Kage
probably impossible in this app.... but I'm wondering in general... I use wmc for live tv...and xbmc for everything else.. I want there to be a way for me to load up xbmc from the iPad... is there anyway to do this?
(2012-04-21, 15:26)Kagenoshin Wrote: Hi first of all thx a lot for the great app!

I have it on my iphone and ipad, but I have a question about the "ipad version".

If I browse my music library in the artist tab and let's say I chose the artist xyz, then I see all his albums which I have (as intended), but how can I get back to the artist list?

Greets Kage
I don't have my iPhone with me right now to check... but on the iPad version, when you are looking at the albums for the artist you'll notice along the right side where you'll see the current artist in the middle (of 3) and it has kind of a glow around it. You can touch that artist to get back to the full list or you can just scroll that part up and down and touch a different artist to switch to them.

(2012-04-21, 22:25)gman3042 Wrote: probably impossible in this app.... but I'm wondering in general... I use wmc for live tv...and xbmc for everything else.. I want there to be a way for me to load up xbmc from the iPad... is there anyway to do this?
Having Constellation launch XBMC has been (and is being) looked at but there's a lot to deal with to get it working (different OS's, different install methods, etc) so I'm not saying if it will show up sometime but just letting you know you're not the only one that wants the feature. Wink
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I want to purchase the paid app, but I'm just not getting satisfying results with the free version yet. When I first set this up I could see the majority of my movies, and as of today it's only showing a small section of them. Nothing has changed with my PC either, so what could have caused this?
Am running XBMC 11. For no reason a couple more of my movies have just been added to the app. Really wish I could get this sorted. The second I get this fixed I'll be buying the full thing.
(2012-04-22, 01:17)Archigos Wrote: I don't have my iPhone with me right now to check... but on the iPad version, when you are looking at the albums for the artist you'll notice along the right side where you'll see the current artist in the middle (of 3) and it has kind of a glow around it. You can touch that artist to get back to the full list or you can just scroll that part up and down and touch a different artist to switch to them.

That's it thx a lot!!!! (I tried everything except that Confused)

(2012-04-17, 10:00)Archigos Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 12:34)Renegita Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 12:01)Archigos Wrote: They haven't added that to XBMC Constellation because they have created a dedicated app with that function called Plex Constellation (Plex works on all the major platforms)

Ok, thank for your answer. Actually I don't have a plex server running on my LAN. My xbmc db is hosted on my synology nas MySQL server. Is there a way to use plex server with xbmc db ?
As far as I know Plex can't use XBMC's DB's (probably because of the falling out between XBMC and the guys that broke away to do Plex) which means you have to maintain the databases independently. However, I'm not sure if Plex will run on that platform to begin with (I never looked into it because I run both on Windows). You're best bet is to visit their site and see if they offer your platform and follow up from there if they can use XBMC's databases (I haven't checked that in a LONG time).

I've dropped the idea to use Plex server ... as XBMC user, i really don't like plex.

Now, to stream movie between LAN and iPad I'm using Official Synology App to find the file I have to stream.

There is not a built-in video player, but when i tap on a file a third-party application (AcePlayer in my case) starts.

If isn't possible to add a builtin player (like happen with youtube videos) use an external player could be a good way to stream the content.

the following is just a suggestion, i dont know if is it possible or not.

Thank you.
(2012-04-22, 15:29)Renegita Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 10:00)Archigos Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 12:34)Renegita Wrote: Ok, thank for your answer. Actually I don't have a plex server running on my LAN. My xbmc db is hosted on my synology nas MySQL server. Is there a way to use plex server with xbmc db ?
As far as I know Plex can't use XBMC's DB's (probably because of the falling out between XBMC and the guys that broke away to do Plex) which means you have to maintain the databases independently. However, I'm not sure if Plex will run on that platform to begin with (I never looked into it because I run both on Windows). You're best bet is to visit their site and see if they offer your platform and follow up from there if they can use XBMC's databases (I haven't checked that in a LONG time).

I've dropped the idea to use Plex server ... as XBMC user, i really don't like plex.

Now, to stream movie between LAN and iPad I'm using Official Synology App to find the file I have to stream.

There is not a built-in video player, but when i tap on a file a third-party application (AcePlayer in my case) starts.

If isn't possible to add a builtin player (like happen with youtube videos) use an external player could be a good way to stream the content.

the following is just a suggestion, i dont know if is it possible or not.

Thank you.

Why don't you like it as an XBMC user? If it's over "philosophical" differences due to the Plex break-off 4 years ago then you are being silly. They both have points in their favor and there's nothing stopping you from using the best parts of each.

Plex Media Server is pretty great, and you can run it without interfering with your XBMC install at all. In fact, the two have nothing to do with one another. The reason you run Plex Media Server is because their Plex Media App for iOS/Android is a pretty awesome way to stream your content to you wherever you are to whatever device you have.

I have 3 XBMC boxes (I use mySql to sync) and love it, I vastly prefer XBMC as a front and, and the mySql option makes it easier to keep all my boxes in sync (though Plex Media Server is better for this). However I also run Plex - yes, it means I had to scan my library in to it as well, they don't use the same db, so what - for mobile streaming. It works extremely well, you should try it.

Also they have an official Synology package now that installs right from the package center. Depending on which Synology NAS you have you may not be able to transcode (depends on your CPU) but everything else works.
As ixian stated, they both have their 'ups' and 'downs' per se and run independent of each other. Sure it's sometimes annoying if you forgot to update the Plex database in awhile and you're sitting in the bathroom with your iPad Wink but oh well. I have multiple XBMC systems throughout the house (no MySQL though) that all pull media from the same server and it works great. I also have Plex Media Server installed on that same system so I can stream pretty much everything to my iPhone and iPad.

I can't compare "Plex Constellation" with the official Plex iOS app since I haven't touched the latter one since FSS released their app, but I would recommend trying that version of Constellation as well. Just remember, they are for different programs with very different functionality (before anyone complains about some random assumption).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Hello! Love the app! But none of the posters, banners etc, show up on my iPhone, I can see the media but they're just blank rectangles. Do I need to buy it for them to show up?
(2012-04-19, 11:02)Burbulence Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 10:16)joro_abv Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 20:45)Burbulence Wrote: Have you opened the port inbound AND outbound in your windows firewall ? Or have you used any special characters in your password? Ie @£&!?

Yes - '#' in the password

That's why, special characters in the password stop thumbs from being displayed, change your password to anything without special characters and it should be all good!

(2012-04-19, 17:25)FSS_Dawid Wrote: XBMC Constellation change log v2.2

-Support for the new iPad Retina display
-New Live library update feature (Once you mark something as watched i.e. a tvshow episode it gets instantly marked in Constellation)
-Reduced library syncs
-Improved image processing this is mostly visible on the new iPad and iPad gen3
-Added custom commands to iPhone version
-Fixed some thumbnail problems
-Fixed channel switch in Live TV
-Fixed complex password support

(2012-04-23, 14:07)bufflo Wrote: Hello! Love the app! But none of the posters, banners etc, show up on my iPhone, I can see the media but they're just blank rectangles. Do I need to buy it for them to show up?

Probably as I said 2 pages back... No you don't need to buy it for them to show up, but the app is well worth the price! Oh and as Dawid said it should be fixed when v2.2 is available from the app store
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Ah! I did a search but didn't find the right post. My problem was that I never specified a password. Thank you!
Any idea when 2.2 is due to show up? Does Apple even let devs know? Curious to see if it fixes a couple lingering issues I've been having with Thumbnails and FTR channel icons not showing.
hi great app am torn between it and commander.

I have a issue though, i have two xmbc setups one where the media is stored and this works no problem but on the other system where it gets media from the first system, all images wont show up in constellation, it can see the files but no images are displayed.

the same setup works fine with commander.

any idea what to do?
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5