• 60(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
DanCooper that worked perfectly, appreciate the time taken to reply!
(2012-04-25, 03:57)leftywhat Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 14:54)DanCooper Wrote: The correct settings for XBMC (XBMC-DB export standard) is:
<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo

OK cool thanks, am I doing the following below correctly? XBMC can be quite confusing at times, argh...

Set to Movies
Run automated scan = ON
Movies are in separate folders = ON
Scan Recursively = OFF
Selected folder contains a single video = OFF
Exclude path from library updates = OFF

Do you want to refresh info for all items within this path = YES

It still shows "downloading movie information" though , is that correct?

I noticed if I set in Ember Poster to "movie.jpg", XBMC doesn't get the picture from my movie folder, seems to scrap from the net, so I put it back to "movie.tbn" and seems to work fine.
For Fanart, setting it as "fanart.jpg" works fine.

I also set NFO to "movie.nfo" as afaik when you set "Movies are in separate folders = ON", XBMC will read "movie.nfo" over any other nfo files in the folder (such as a scene info - that is the nfo that came when you downloaded a file)

Man I wish someone would just write up a simple settings setup and how to scrape from your movie folders with the files ember has downloaded into your folders
The wiki's are just not good enough or explain much at all :/

Think I've finally got it right now though?

There are many ways that work. Confused

Basically, with the same name TNB is being processed before JPG (example poster.tbn / poster.jpg).

These settings are exactly the settings that XBMC using when export the database.:

For movies:
<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo
<movie>-trailer.avi

Example 1 (with separate folders):
Movies\
--------- Blow\
-------------------- Blow.avi
-------------------- Blow.tbn
-------------------- Blow-fanart.jpg
-------------------- Blow.nfo

Example 2 (without separate folders):
Movies\
--------- Blow.avi
--------- Blow.tbn
--------- Blow-fanart.jpg
--------- Blow.nfo

XBMC exports the data in this way because it works with or without a separate movie folder.

XBMC scraper settings:
Set to Movies
Run automated scan = ON
Movies are in separate folders = ON
Scan Recursively = ON *
Selected folder contains a single video = OFF
Exclude path from library updates = OFF

* Need for folders in the third level (this option can always be activated if you have movies in separate folders):

Movies\
--------- Die Hard Collection\
--------------------------------------- Die Hard 1\
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 1.avi
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 1.tbn
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 1-fanart.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 1.nfo
--------------------------------------- Die Hard 2\
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 2.avi
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 2.tbn
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 2-fanart.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------- Die Hard 2.nfo

For tv-shows:
folder.jpg
tvshow.nfo
seasonXX.tbn
season-all.tbn
season-specials.tbn
<episode>.tbn
poster.jpg *

banner.jpg (no option in Ember) *

* many skins support "poster.jpg" and "banner.jpg" in order to distinguish between the two formats. The ArtworkDownloader-Script in XBMC download a "poster.jpg" and "banner.jpg" if it does not exist in folder. For this reason, "poster.jpg" and "folder.jpg" to be enabled in Ember. This ensures that no two different posters will be saved (one of Ember, one of the "artwork downloader"). XBMC use always folder.jpg, poster.jpg is only supportet by skins at time. I download the "banner.jpg" always manually from thetvdb.com.

With these settings everything works as it should, 100%!
Delete your XBMC database if there are problems and create a new database.
(2012-04-25, 11:04)DanCooper Wrote: These settings are exactly the settings that XBMC using when export the database.:

For movies:
<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.nfo
<movie>-trailer.avi

Alright, cool thanks DanCooper.

I think I'll still leave it as movie.tbn because if I use <movie>.tbn etc, the new files get based off the file name of the video file, which can be long and messy. I could auto rename all the video file names to the movie title name, but I prefer to know what file I have and by who (if that makes sense? I also keep the scene nfo). I have my files set up like your Example 1 (with separate folders):

Dan, also having a issue I posted here, are you able to comment? Is it due to actor images or something?

(2012-04-25, 12:17)leftywhat Wrote: Dan, also having a issue I posted here, are you able to comment? Is it due to actor images or something?

That could be....
just look in the XBMC logfile, maybe there is something useful.
(2012-04-25, 13:12)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 12:17)leftywhat Wrote: Dan, also having a issue I posted here, are you able to comment? Is it due to actor images or something?

That could be....

Ah looks to be slower due to downloading the images of actors!! Sent you pm with link to text file from log.

When I set debug mode on in xbmc I can see it downloading the actor images from the URLs listed in Ember.

I've noticed once you've added a movie in xbmc, when you remove the files folder/remove from library and clean the library, when you re-add the same movie files and re-do it all, it doesn't need to download the actors again. I think its the function "CVideoDatabase"

It must get stored in the xbmc database. Say if one movie has Eddy Murphy in it, that movie downloads his image, when another movie has Eddy Murphy in it, does XBMC download his image again going via the url put in the nfo via ember, or does it link to xbmc database with eddy murphy already? If it does, then that would speed up scrapping heaps. If its gets the image from the net every time, then meh, might take a while to scrape

Slightly getting off topic... soz, but at least I know now why it takes longer when I have net connection compared to when I don't.

I guess other people knew all this, or they just don't care or notice?

I'm thinking of removing the actor images links from the .nfo files Ember created. I assume theres a setting in Ember to not put links to the actors in the nfo it creates? Thing is if there if no link in the nfo, what does xbmc do, does it then go look for the images or leaves them blank? :S
(2012-04-25, 14:38)leftywhat Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 13:12)DanCooper Wrote:

That could be....

Ah looks to be slower due to downloading the images of actors!! Sent you pm with link to text file from log.

When I set debug mode on in xbmc I can see it downloading the actor images from the URLs listed in Ember.

I've noticed once you've added a movie in xbmc, when you remove the files folder/remove from library and clean the library, when you re-add the same movie files and re-do it all, it doesn't need to download the actors again. I think its the function "CVideoDatabase"

It must get stored in the xbmc database. Say if one movie has Eddy Murphy in it, that movie downloads his image, when another movie has Eddy Murphy in it, does XBMC download his image again going via the url put in the nfo via ember, or does it link to xbmc database? Slightly getting off topic... soz, but at least I know now why it takes longer when I have net connection compared to when I don't.

I'm thinking of removing the actor images links from the .nfo files Ember created. I assume theres a setting in Ember to not put links to the actors in the nfo it creates? Thing is if there if no link in the nfo, what does xbmc do, does it then go look for the images or leaves them blank? :S

There is an option in the Ember (see Movies-> Scrapers images & Trailers-> "Do Not Save URLs to NFO). If this option is enabled, the actor-photo-, poster- and fanarts-links are not stored in the NFO.

Please make a test and tell us then whether the XBMC images only once downloaded.
(2012-04-25, 15:21)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 14:38)leftywhat Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 13:12)DanCooper Wrote: That could be....

It must get stored in the xbmc database. Say if one movie has Eddy Murphy in it, that movie downloads his image, when another movie has Eddy Murphy in it, does XBMC download his image again going via the url put in the nfo via ember, or does it link to xbmc database? Slightly getting off topic... soz, but at least I know now why it takes longer when I have net connection compared to when I don't.

There is an option in the Ember (see Movies-> Scrapers images & Trailers-> "Do Not Save URLs to NFO). If this option is enabled, the actor-photo-, poster- and fanarts-links are not stored in the NFO.

Please make a test and tell us then whether the XBMC images only once downloaded.

I turned that setting on, the actor photo url's are still present in the nfo files created via ember.
The alternative poster and fanart links are removed, however you can leave these links in the nfo anyway, as they don't automatically download when you set up your movies in xbmc.

Its a bit ridiculous, for example in Anchorman, it has 46 actors with links to their image. I think I'm going to set actor limit to maybe 5 people or something. I think you can do that by going to settings > movies > scrapers - data > cast limit: 5? And I'll tick the box that only gets actors that have images. Then I think thats a good option, rather than having 50 actors (which maybe 30 have images).

I really would like to know though if a actor image has been downloaded once into the xbmc database, does the next movie with the same actor get the image from the xbmc database, or does it re-download the actors image and add it into the database.
(2012-04-25, 15:53)leftywhat Wrote: I turned that setting on, the actor photo url's are still present in the nfo files created via ember.
The alternative poster and fanart links are removed

hmmm, thats true Confused
I will check this. But i think XBMC need a link to display a picture...

Alternative (XBMC wiki):
Actor thumbnails

You can add actor thumbnails to any movie or TV show by adding an '.actors' folder in the corresponding movie / TV show / Epsiode directory. You may need to use the command line to create this directory in Windows.
The folder can then contain actor images using the following naming convention:

Videos\path\.actors\actor_name.tbn (spaces replaced with underscores)
(2012-04-25, 16:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 15:53)leftywhat Wrote: I turned that setting on, the actor photo url's are still present in the nfo files created via ember.
The alternative poster and fanart links are removed

hmmm, thats true Confused
I will check this. But i think XBMC need a link to display a picture...

Alternative (XBMC wiki):
Actor thumbnails

You can add actor thumbnails to any movie or TV show by adding an '.actors' folder in the corresponding movie / TV show / Epsiode directory. You may need to use the command line to create this directory in Windows.
The folder can then contain actor images using the following naming convention:

Videos\path\.actors\actor_name.tbn (spaces replaced with underscores)

So ideally, if possible, I'd just set in Ember, Actors to 5, select the box only pick actors with images, and then if possible, when scrapping get ember to save into a .actors directory within the movie folder directory.
Don't think Ember has that option for the last bit?

Probably be easier if Ember had a box option to not put in the URL image links for the actors, then you're movies library should be quick to update into xbmc database as its not going to auto-download the actor images from the web.

Also what does Enable Actors Cache do?

Btw, my head hurts, thats enough for me today
(2012-04-25, 16:22)leftywhat Wrote: So ideally, if possible, I'd just set in Ember, Actors to 5, select the box only pick actors with images, and then if possible, when scrapping get ember to save into a .actors directory within the movie folder directory.
Don't think Ember has that option for the last bit?

What does Enable Actors Cache do?

I have tested it with a fresh install of XBMC: No links, no pictures. Looks like XBMC would not manage the actors in the database.
Nice idea, acting with more than 5. but I would prefer all actors without pictures.

I think Actors Cache save the pictures in Ember-DB to display it from cache instead of each time to feed from inet.
(2012-04-25, 16:30)DanCooper Wrote: I have tested it with a fresh install of XBMC: No links, no pictures. Looks like XBMC would not manage the actors in the database.
Nice idea, acting with more than 5. but I would prefer all actors without pictures.

I think Actors Cache save the pictures in Ember-DB to display it from cache instead of each time to feed from inet.

Ok so that means for every movie, XBMC is going to read the actors URL from Embers NFO file and download the picture and put it into the XBMC database every time. So if you have 12 movies with Eddy Murphy, its going to download that same image 12 times.

If you have say, 400 movies, with url links to the actors image in the nfo and there might be say 50 actors per movie, thats going to take some time to update to xbmc database. Not ideal.

You're right though, I'd prefer to have the actors names (all of them), without images. But it doesn't look like Ember has an option not to put URL links of actors images into the NFO file, so I guess that leaves me with two options.

A. Leave it as is, which means it will take some time for xbmc database to create
B. Set actors limit to 5 or 10, and tick the box that only gets actors with images

Hrm.

(2012-04-25, 16:42)leftywhat Wrote: Ok so that means for every movie, XBMC is going to read the actors URL from Embers NFO file and download the picture and put it into the XBMC database every time. So if you have 12 movies with Eddy Murphy, its going to download that same image 12 times.

If you have say, 400 movies, with url links to the actors image in the nfo and there might be say 50 actors per movie, thats going to take some time to update to xbmc database. Not ideal.

Sorry, my mistake. I have previously tested incorrectly.

I have now tested the following:
Film 1: Actor 1 with a link
Movie 2: Actor 1 without link

In both the same image from film1 Actor 1 is displayed.

XBMC manages the actor pictures! Big Grin
(2012-04-24, 15:22)HiSoC8Y Wrote: how to retain the sets that i created for YAMJ?

I loaded my library into the latest 1.3.0.5, but when i go to sets manager, my previously created sets are not present.

why?

AnyoneHuh
(2012-04-25, 18:34)HiSoC8Y Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 15:22)HiSoC8Y Wrote: how to retain the sets that i created for YAMJ?

I loaded my library into the latest 1.3.0.5, but when i go to sets manager, my previously created sets are not present.

why?

AnyoneHuh

Normally, all sets are stored in the settings.xml (check your XML). But I do not know the difference between the normal and the YAMJ set's.
Normally, all sets are read from the NFO's at the first read of the database. Was the first DB update the module already enabled?
it actually did read the first time i added a test source, but that was a test, with only few movies.

now that i added my main library, it didnt identify all the sets
btw, all my NFOs have the set tag in them, it's just EMM is not reading it.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26