Joined: Apr 2012
Thanks to all who have been posting in this thread. After parsing through it all, I was able to resolve my issue (though it's a little clunky), so I thought I'd share for anyone else who stumbles along this way.
Issue that I had: Running the latest, freshly installed, XBMC on Windows 7. Installed XWMM through the repository. Enabled HTTP administration.
XWMM successfully loads my library. Through the tools I can add and delete movie sets - no problem.
When I edit a movie (let's say Cars), I'd rather have it in the Pixar collection than the cars collection. I change the set and save. It appears to work. If I click on any other movie and then return to Cars, it's reverted back to the Cars Collection, and on the actual XBMC library, it is also still in the cars collection.
I tried all browsers, both on the HTPC itself, and on another computer in my home network, all the same result.
SOLUTION FOR ME: As another poster in this forum has said, they discovered that it was related to the browser cache. My work around has been to clear the recent history after every saved change made in XWMM return to verify that the movie kept the changes, and mostly success.
NOTE: Here's where it got a little tricky, and the second layer of this workaround. If a movie is already assigned to a collection, the browser cache doesn't seem to help. It's stuck on whatever it was originally assigned to. The only way I could change it was to go into Tools>Movie Sets and delete the set that I don't want. clear the cache, go to the movie and usually it is now cleared of any movie set. At this point, it will accept the new movie set that I want.
So, not perfect, and a lot of clearing, refreshing, double checking, sometimes doing it again, but in the end, my XBMC library is starting to really flow nicely.
(now if I can figure out the Amazon Prime Instant View DRM issue, and figure out why XBMCflicks was working for a minute and now just won't, I'll have the ultimate setup, but that's for another thread)