Main Menu Button Order
Quick question, can i change the order of the buttons on the main menu. I say this because i've split my main movies from the children's movies using smart playlists and adding them on the custom buttons but they my movies and cartoons buttons are at the bottom of my main menu. I'd like them in order if possible but can't see any option.
nope that's not possible.

the only way to get it done is modify the skin xml code.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ok m8 was worth an ask
(2012-05-04, 18:21)voyagerxp Wrote: Quick question, can i change the order of the buttons on the main menu. I say this because i've split my main movies from the children's movies using smart playlists and adding them on the custom buttons but they my movies and cartoons buttons are at the bottom of my main menu. I'd like them in order if possible but can't see any option.

It appears that editing the main menu with smart playlist is becoming more and more popular!!! Two related questions:

1) Did someone figure out yet how those smart-list menu items can work together with "recently added" script. Taking your example, any chance to have "recently added children's movies" show up on the main screen?

2) Ronie, could you consider adapting the feature to change the order of the menu items as requested by user voyagerxp. I can imagine that this is becoming more relevant more and more relevant given the high number of users requesting smart-list-design menu items.

Thanks in advance!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2012-05-13, 07:29)steve1977 Wrote: It appears that editing the main menu with smart playlist is becoming more and more popular!!! Two related questions:

1) Did someone figure out yet how those smart-list menu items can work together with "recently added" script. Taking your example, any chance to have "recently added children's movies" show up on the main screen?

2) Ronie, could you consider adapting the feature to change the order of the menu items as requested by user voyagerxp. I can imagine that this is becoming more relevant more and more relevant given the high number of users requesting smart-list-design menu items.

Thanks in advance!

Re Question 1 - This script Random and Last Items , needs quite a bit of work to implement it though.

Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2012-05-13, 07:29)steve1977 Wrote: 2) Ronie, could you consider adapting the feature to change the order of the menu items as requested by user voyagerxp.

it's simply not possible to make the menu order user configurable.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-05-13, 17:29)ronie Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 07:29)steve1977 Wrote: 2) Ronie, could you consider adapting the feature to change the order of the menu items as requested by user voyagerxp.

Got it. Thanks for your quick reply.

One other thought - would it be possible to integrate the script from above post into Transparency. If I read the linked thread correctly, it has been integrated into a Confluence Mod. If this would make it into Transparency, I could come up with my own "order" through custom menu points. Basically, I would then only work with custom menus and remove all "normal" menus. I would then have 6 smart playlist on custom menu items. What prevents me now is the implementation of the script as I cannot live without "recently added ;-)

1) Movies (w/o concerts)
2) Concerts
3) TV Shows (w/o documentaries)
4) Documentaries
5) Home videos
6) Sports
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
(2012-05-13, 19:24)steve1977 Wrote: One other thought - would it be possible to integrate the script from above post into Transparency.
never say never, but i currently have no intention to add it.
(2012-05-04, 18:21)voyagerxp Wrote: Quick question, can i change the order of the buttons on the main menu. I say this because i've split my main movies from the children's movies using smart playlists and adding them on the custom buttons but they my movies and cartoons buttons are at the bottom of my main menu. I'd like them in order if possible but can't see any option.

You can do it, it just requires some tinkering with the xml files. You may first want to backup your config files before editing them, and set up a button on your remote/keyboard to reload the skin in the event of something getting borked, as you'll be given just a black screen and the very top bar if there's any errors.

Edit the ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Includes_Home.xml file and find the following line if you use the vertical menu:
Code:
<include name="VerticalMenu">
or the following line if you use the horizontal menu:
Code:
<include name="HorizontalMenu">

Under this tag, you should have <item id="#"> lines. Simply cut & paste the full <item id="#"> to </item> lines and paste them where you want that particular menu item to appear. So just take the custom menu entries you created, and (this requires a little figuring out as to what is what, but it shouldn't be too hard) paste them above/below/between the existing menu items where ever you'd like to have them.

Best of luck!
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
Looks like Frodo will bring a long waited function (multiple movie libraries). Will T! be supporting this and what's the status? See posts below:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111155&page=6
(2012-07-21, 13:51)steve1977 Wrote: Looks like Frodo will bring a long waited function (multiple movie libraries). Will T! be supporting this and what's the status? See posts below:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111155&page=6

it's an xbmc feature that doesn't require any skin support,
it works on all skins out of the box.
(2012-05-14, 22:28)DaMizZa Wrote:

You can do it, it just requires some tinkering with the xml files. You may first want to backup your config files before editing them, and set up a button on your remote/keyboard to reload the skin in the event of something getting borked, as you'll be given just a black screen and the very top bar if there's any errors.

Edit the ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Includes_Home.xml file and find the following line if you use the vertical menu:
Code:
<include name="VerticalMenu">
or the following line if you use the horizontal menu:
Code:
<include name="HorizontalMenu">

Under this tag, you should have <item id="#"> lines. Simply cut & paste the full <item id="#"> to </item> lines and paste them where you want that particular menu item to appear. So just take the custom menu entries you created, and (this requires a little figuring out as to what is what, but it shouldn't be too hard) paste them above/below/between the existing menu items where ever you'd like to have them.

Best of luck!

Thanks!

For me it worked by taking one of the custom menu and just changing its onclick like this

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,special://profile/playlists/video/Enfants.xsp,return)</onclick>

maybe it will help others? Thanks a bunch, the only thing this skin was missing for me was the kid menu Big Grin

(2012-05-13, 07:37)Mudislander Wrote: Re Question 1 - This script Random and Last Items , needs quite a bit of work to implement it though.

I am aware that is not (high) on your agenda, but was still wanted to ask again whether there is any hope to see this script implemented into Transparency!. With the upcoming Frodo release, smart playlists have increased in importance and I can imagine that more and more people are excited about it. Thanks in advance for considering!!!
(2012-05-13, 17:29)ronie Wrote:

Something may have changed in the Frodo code, which made this possible? I see that Aeon MQ4 has this functionality now? Any hope for us Transparency! users?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045
(2012-12-08, 03:34)steve1977 Wrote: Any hope for us Transparency! users?

no idea really.

no plans as of yet to add either of those,
but that doesn't mean i may change my mind one day.
(2012-12-08, 15:16)ronie Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 03:34)steve1977 Wrote: Any hope for us Transparency! users?

no idea really.

no plans as of yet to add either of those,
but that doesn't mean i may change my mind one day.

if you want to get nice code for exchanging main menu items just ask. i got that feature done without adding adding ridiculous amounts of visible conditions / includes.
the mq4 implementation is crap. better don´t look at their code.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main Menu Button Order0