iPad - Installing Add-Ons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iMikeyy Offline
This is my first time using XBMC, and I am currently trying to get it to work on my iPad/iPhone.

Now, I've looked through many tutorials on this site, as well as google, and a lot of them are outdated and don't help.

Basically I have XBMC all installed and working, but I don't know how to install add-ons. I'm looking to install the most popular add-on (idk if I can mention names, so I''ll leave them out for now) but I don't know how to do it. Where do you go in XBMC to install the add-ons? Is there a source, like a website, or do I need to SSH into the iPad. I've seen tutorials on both.

Quote:Open XBMC Go to Settings > Addons > Install from zip file Browse to your downloads and select it. Repository installed!

Now you can install HotFlicks.info from within XBMC, by navigating to Settings > Addons > Get Add-ons > anarchintosh add-ons

Basically all sites say to do this, but on my iPad/iPhone there is no option for this under settings.
(This post was last modified: 2012-05-28 05:37 by Ned Scott.)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Wiki Guy
HOW-TO:Install an add-on from a zip file on ATV2 (wiki). It says ATV2, but it's pretty much the same thing for iDevices.

You can also install "afc2add" from Cydia and then use a program like iExplorer to drag and drop zip files from your computer to the iPad.

Once they're on the iPad and in the "/private/var/mobile/" folder, then just follow the rest of the wiki HOW-TO (from step 8).

Full disclosure: I work for WeTek. However, this is my personal account, and my words and opinion are my own.

You can make easy links to the Kodi Wiki Manual using double brackets around common Kodi words: [[debug log]] = debug log (wiki), [[Video library]] = Video library (wiki), [[SMB]] = SMB (wiki) , [[userdata]] = userdata (wiki), etc
find quote
iMikeyy Offline
(2012-05-28 05:46)Ned Scott Wrote:  HOW-TO:Install an add-on from a zip file on ATV2 (wiki). It says ATV2, but it's pretty much the same thing for iDevices.

You can also install "afc2add" from Cydia and then use a program like iExplorer to drag and drop zip files from your computer to the iPad.

Once they're on the iPad and in the "/private/var/mobile/" folder, then just follow the rest of the wiki HOW-TO (from step 8).

Thanks, I ended up figuring it out.. Now I'm having a problem where I'm not getting any audio. Someone told me to install VLC into XBMC and that will work, but I don't know how to do that or if that's possible lol
find quote