• 94(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
yes i know. It's coming after the installation of this patch
ok i have found the problem
I have the Eden RC2 build installed and have also installed and tried the the final Eden with the bitstream patch, I have trouble playing TrueHd files the video stutters and there is no sound when I pass it through as Pcm and disable Truehd capable receiver it plays fine. When I try the new AE branch builds I have video stutter and no sound with TrueHd and DTS-HD so that is not a solution either. I would really like to play all my Truehd files as well as have my 7.1 files detected as such, something that I have also had problems with. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be occurring and any possible solutions. I believe but am not sure that everything worked fine when I had the RC1 patched version installed, but can't seem to find a download link that isn't broken. So if someone has a link for that build that would be great. Thanks for any help in advance.
Clark, I think you will find lots of people here willing to help you but you have not provided much information.

What kind of hardware and OS are you running? What kind of AVR and display? How do you have the audio options set in XBMC?
Voip-Ninja, my apologies I should have known to give all the pertinent information when asking for help. I am running Windows 7 x64 with an Ati hd5400 series video card that runs my Samsung plasma through my Denon AVR-890 that handles all the sound. I have XBMC set up to go through Wasapi. Receiver supports DTS-HD and TRUEHD, and I have a 7.1 speaker setup. Let me know what other information would be needed. Oh and one more thing I am actually run XBMC 11,0-HD Audio GIT:20120417-2F965AC
(2012-05-24, 10:12)clark kent Wrote: Voip-Ninja, my apologies I should have known to give all the pertinent information when asking for help. I am running Windows 7 x64 with an Ati hd5400 series video card that runs my Samsung plasma through my Denon AVR-890 that handles all the sound. I have XBMC set up to go through Wasapi. Receiver supports DTS-HD and TRUEHD, and I have a 7.1 speaker setup. Let me know what other information would be needed. Oh and one more thing I am actually run XBMC 11,0-HD Audio GIT:20120417-2F965AC
Have you up date Ati HD5400 driver from here- AMD Driver Autodetect?

You need to make sure that you connect it this way- HD5400-->AVR-890-->Samsung via two HDMI cables.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-24, 10:12)clark kent Wrote: Voip-Ninja, my apologies I should have known to give all the pertinent information when asking for help. I am running Windows 7 x64 with an Ati hd5400 series video card that runs my Samsung plasma through my Denon AVR-890 that handles all the sound. I have XBMC set up to go through Wasapi. Receiver supports DTS-HD and TRUEHD, and I have a 7.1 speaker setup. Let me know what other information would be needed. Oh and one more thing I am actually run XBMC 11,0-HD Audio GIT:20120417-2F965AC

How do you have the sync options set under audio/video in the XBMC options?
My video and audio drivers are all up to date and I do have my computer connected to my AVR with one HDMI cable and than another cable from my AVR to my TV. AS far as my sync options go they are all set up as standard. No to match refresh rate setting, and dvxa is on and set as default, and sync playback to display is also off.
You actually might want to set your sync to match to source and see if the performance changes at all.
ill try that but how would that correct the no sound issue?
oh yeah and don't know if I already mentioned that when I enable truehd capable receiver, and start a movie it says failed to initialize audio device.
(2012-05-28, 03:48)clark kent Wrote: ill try that but how would that correct the no sound issue?
oh yeah and don't know if I already mentioned that when I enable truehd capable receiver, and start a movie it says failed to initialize audio device.
Have you select AMD HDMI output in Windows 7/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound/Playback.......

Yes I have selected that as my default setup in windows also.
(2012-05-28, 22:44)clark kent Wrote: Yes I have selected that as my default setup in windows also.
Do you get sound with PDVD11, TMT5, MPC-HC, etc..... if it is not, it is beyond XBMC.....

yes I do get sound with all other programs. I even get sound with XBMC just not in Dolby True HD
(2012-05-29, 03:19)clark kent Wrote: yes I do get sound with all other programs. I even get sound with XBMC just not in Dolby True HD
Un-install XBMC (wipe out XBMC entirely), and re-install it fresh......you can try the latest nightly build from here- XBMCSetup-20120528-64fd446-master.exe 28-May-2012 09:57 ......and select the proper audio output in XBMC settings/system/audio output.....

• 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17