Looking to sponsor the development of a screensaver addon - Launch DreamAquarium.exe
I spent $25 on this gorgeous screensaver, hoping I would be able to use it with my HTPC. I would be willing to pay someone $20 to make a simple screensaver addon that launches C:\Program Files\Dream Aquarium\DreamAquarium.exe

I'm hoping this will be fairly easy for someone to do. Here is the screensaver running on my dual mon desktop. Would look unreal on an HDTV.

Try this, for free! Big Grin

Add a item to home.xml in this way:

<item id="13">
<label>Fish</label>
<onclick>XBMC.System.Exec(d:\\fish\ss3dfish.scr)</onclick>
<icon>d:\\fish\ss3dfish.png</icon>
</item>

item -> check the number, it must be unique
label -> is the title you see in home
onclick -> try always to put your app in a dir < 8 characters
Hey henrava,

Thanks for the info. I'll try this out tomorrow. Will be the next best thing to having it as a screensaver.
Cheers Henrava,
That's sorted me out. Looks cracking on a big telly.
Are you saying that works while there's music playing?
Can you see or enable music info with an external screensaver?
Cause I was looking for an aquarium or fireplace music-visualisation, but if that works with the music info on top of it, that would be marvelous. Then it's a 'gotta have'!

Can you do that with any other external screensaver? Also on Mac?
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
Damn, did some research and I think I might have the answer myself: NO

If I understand correctly it starts the program (screensaver in this example) and stops any other application that is running within xbmc...
pitty pitty pitty, for a moment there I thaught I had the solution to my problem.

So then, is there a way to run two applications at a time? Big Grin (play music and run the screensaver?)
That would solve it again Tongue
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
Thanks for the info, will also try this out!
(2012-05-31, 14:27)Zokkel Wrote: Damn, did some research and I think I might have the answer myself: NO

If I understand correctly it starts the program (screensaver in this example) and stops any other application that is running within xbmc...
pitty pitty pitty, for a moment there I thaught I had the solution to my problem.

So then, is there a way to run two applications at a time? Big Grin (play music and run the screensaver?)
That would solve it again Tongue

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do the same thing.

David
That's cool. Is there a way that could work on a Mac? They have a Mac version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking to sponsor the development of a screensaver addon - Launch DreamAquarium.exe0