• 8(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
(2012-06-14, 03:38)Meat_PoPsiclez Wrote: Playing back any videos with AE (wasapi) and Sync playback to display (regardless of sync method) results in massive dropped frames, and bizzare framerate fluctuations. The outputted rate will constantly bounce under and over the display rate by a small amount (video at 23.976, display at 23.976, output varies between 23.5 and 24.01). Switching to directsound (sync to display, audio clock) solves the issue (perfect video sync, no dropped frames). Tested with aac and ac3 audio tracks (decoding and passthrough respectively).

Realtek SPDIF output as output device and passthrough device, 4.1 channels selected (should I be picking 2.0 for spdif?)
Nvidia geforce gtx560ti videocard
Intel i5-2500k @ 3.5ghz
16gb ddr3
Windows 7 64bit.

I have a feeling I'm missing something, but maybe this is a bug?

Just as an aside - do you realise that you won't get the benefit of HD audio over an S/PDIF connection? This will support two channel audio at up to 192kHz, but only standard DD or DTS multichannel at 48kHz. The existing Eden version will support these formats. You need HDMI for TruHD and DTS MA.

@fat-tony - Glad I could help you! My first win helping someone on XBMC! Blush
(2012-06-14, 15:45)fat-tony Wrote: [Just as an aside - do you realise that you won't get the benefit of HD audio over an S/PDIF connection? This will support two channel audio at up to 192kHz, but only standard DD or DTS multichannel at 48kHz. The existing Eden version will support these formats. You need HDMI for TruHD and DTS MA.

Just out of curiosity, is this a limit of XBMC/Windows or is this a requirement even with Blu-Ray players?

(2012-06-14, 15:58)bisk Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 15:45)fat-tony Wrote: [Just as an aside - do you realise that you won't get the benefit of HD audio over an S/PDIF connection? This will support two channel audio at up to 192kHz, but only standard DD or DTS multichannel at 48kHz. The existing Eden version will support these formats. You need HDMI for TruHD and DTS MA.

Just out of curiosity, is this a limit of XBMC/Windows or is this a requirement even with Blu-Ray players?

It's a limitation of S/PDIF - it was designed back when Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3) was the pinnacle of surround sound! In truth it will handle high quality stereo audio, but HDMI is designed for support of HD video and surround audio (and the ever-present content protection!).
You'll find that the S/PDIF in (either optical or coax - they're the same) connector on most amplifiers/receivers will be restricted to standard DD or DTS surround. The players should transcode down to suit the interface. I know xbmc will convert multichannel PCM audio down to AC3 over S/PDIF.
Thanks for the explanation.
Thx all

Installing the ati (amd now ;-)) drivers did the trick. I downloaded the wrong package (+/- 25mb), videodrivers only, there were nog audio dirvers present in this package. You have to dowload the big thing installer, >150mb, for example 64bit windows 7: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx

I only installed this and I have now the latest video drivers and AMD hdmi device (instead of realtek). The more subtile method is to search for the specific audio driver in the package and use this, as described before by our helpful guys!

OK happy playing with HD!
(2012-06-14, 00:37)allants Wrote: @fat-tony - DDDamien would be the expert, but I think he is taking a well deserved break right now. I am using Windows 7, so it could be possible that the Catalyst driver is not stable on Win 8 yet. The standard windows driver did not support all of the audio formats. Your debug log looks similar to my old one in terms of trying to interface with WASAPI.

Here are some things to check: (doing this from Win 7)
1. Open Device Manager
2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
3. The first item is "AMD High Definition Audio Device"; the second one is disabled (intentionally) - "High Definition Audio Device"
4. If I right-click on the AMD one, and select Properties, then select Driver Tab. My version is: Advanced Micro Devices, Date 10/18/2011, Version 7.12.0.7704
5. If I selected Details Details button, the AMD driver name is AthdW76.sys. The other drivers are all Microsoft.
6. If I click Update Driver, I find the source of my driver at C:\ATI\Support\11-12_vista7_64_dd_ccc_ocl\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE\W764a; the INF is AtihdW76.inf.

Let me know what you find if you try this.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I've been trying to get HD Audio out of my ASRock E350M1 since I got it (from any application, not just XBMC) and this finally worked! I didn't even think to manually switch the audio driver.

Just installed nightly XBMCSetup-20120615-e82e22a-master (my first since Eden) and system/audio output/audio output device no longer has a Default mode. Can XBMC no longer let Windows determine where to send audio?

For me, this is critical b/c I have an autohotkey script that changes the Windows output from digital to analog or visa versa. I use analog mode to feed music to a multi-zone audio distribution system, and digital when I want to watch a movie.

I tried using profiles in the past to control audio output, but that various negatives. If there is no default audio output anymore, I ask if there is a way to switch audio outputs through a keymap function. Even better would be discrete outputs for music vs. movies, but I know that's a much bigger suggestion.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Hello. I'm running win32/xbmc-12.0-Frodo_alpha2.exe and I've discovered that I have trouble playing mp3s. Sometimes it ends up in choppy playback /clicky playback. WASAPI enabled.

Here's my config:
Code:
<audiooutput>
        <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
        <audiodevice>DirectSound:{E0157801-11D3-4712-892D-5DA3B5586690}</audiodevice>
        <channellayout>7</channellayout>
        <dontnormalizelevels>true</dontnormalizelevels>
        <dtshdpassthrough>true</dtshdpassthrough>
        <dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
        <guisoundmode>1</guisoundmode>
        <mode>1</mode>
        <multichannellpcm>true</multichannellpcm>
        <passthroughaac>false</passthroughaac>
        <passthroughdevice>WASAPI:{E0157801-11D3-4712-892D-5DA3B5586690}</passthroughdevice>
        <stereoupmix>false</stereoupmix>
        <truehdpassthrough>true</truehdpassthrough>
    </audiooutput>
(2012-06-14, 03:38)Meat_PoPsiclez Wrote: Playing back any videos with AE (wasapi) and Sync playback to display (regardless of sync method) results in massive dropped frames, and bizzare framerate fluctuations. The outputted rate will constantly bounce under and over the display rate by a small amount (video at 23.976, display at 23.976, output varies between 23.5 and 24.01). Switching to directsound (sync to display, audio clock) solves the issue (perfect video sync, no dropped frames). Tested with aac and ac3 audio tracks (decoding and passthrough respectively).

Realtek SPDIF output as output device and passthrough device, 4.1 channels selected (should I be picking 2.0 for spdif?)
Nvidia geforce gtx560ti videocard
Intel i5-2500k @ 3.5ghz
16gb ddr3
Windows 7 64bit.

I have a feeling I'm missing something, but maybe this is a bug?

hi everyone - I'm just confirming this observation on a Zotac AD04 (E-450 APU). I've had the same issue with several progressive PAL DVD movies (25.00 fps) that have AC-3 tracks. I'm using AE with WASAPI, Digital output (S/PDIF) 5.1 channels. Playback synced to display - audio clock. Receiver is AC3 and DTS capable. With deinterlacing turned off, I expect 25.00 output fps precisely. The funny thing is that I'm constantly getting lots of framedrops and the output rate "bouncing" around the 25 mark. The log file displays a lot of discontinuity errors.
I can "solve" the problem in one of two ways:
1) turn on deinterlacing, which doubles the output framerate to 50 fps.
2) set the audio output device to DirectSound

I'm too having choppy video playback with dts hd files.

560gtx with latest nvidia drivers

Onkyo receiver

Everything worked ok without audioengine and common dts/ac3 files...

23:04:14 T:4168 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: Unable to initialize WASAPI in exclusive mode -2147024809 - (E_INVALIDARG).
23:04:14 T:4168 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.

--

Problem fixed disabling motherboard integrated audio.
Sorry I might be in the wrong section to ask this but I want to try the new audio engine! Can anyone please tell me what is the most stable nightly version that I can try? I tried a few but they are so buggy and multi-screen support is broken so had to revert to XBMC v11 backup!

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-06-22, 22:55)elitegamer360 Wrote: Sorry I might be in the wrong section to ask this but I want to try the new audio engine! Can anyone please tell me what is the most stable nightly version that I can try? I tried a few but they are so buggy and multi-screen support is broken so had to revert to XBMC v11 backup!

Alpha 2, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/

(2012-06-22, 23:10)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 22:55)elitegamer360 Wrote: Sorry I might be in the wrong section to ask this but I want to try the new audio engine! Can anyone please tell me what is the most stable nightly version that I can try? I tried a few but they are so buggy and multi-screen support is broken so had to revert to XBMC v11 backup!

Alpha 2, http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/

nice one, will give it a go Smile

Cheers,
EG.
I am testing out the AE releases but the CPU usage is through the roof when playing back HD audio that should just use passthrough. I was excited about the possibility of using 2-channel 24/96 and 24/88.2 files natively in XBMC. My receiver supports those formats directly but this version seems to be doing some unnecessary post-processing. Is there an option to force passthrough for supported PCM formats?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4